No Means No
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by jamesbreitbart

Michelle Black, Friday, September 3, 2010

We assembled in the parking lot an hour before the football game and lined up. It was important that we all get seats in the same place, and in order. We presented our tickets, went through the security check, and sat down midway up on the fifty yard line. The twelve of us girls in a row and the soccer players and a few of their friends surrounding us.

I tried to make my stomach stop doing somersaults as the stands slowly filled. Usually McGovern's side of the stadium was pretty empty, but not today. Shane had gotten the word out and people from all over town were showing up to support us. The local news had showed up too, we had promised them a riveting and important story that just happened to include topless teenage girls.

The voice of the announcer came over the loudspeaker, doing the usual pre-game commercials for local car dealerships. We all stood up for the national anthem, and I took a deep breath.

'You can do this, ' I told myself, 'you're strong, you're stronger than Trevino.'

They started announcing the names of the players as they ran out onto the field. I took another breath.

"Number 23 JASON TREEEVINOOO!"

In unison, we stood up and pulled off our t-shirts to reveal the paint on our stomachs. It read: "#23 IS A RAPIST." Trevino didn't seem to notice, but the cameraman did. We started chanting as the announcer continued reading names as though nothing had happened.

"Hey hey, ho ho, Trevino has got to go!" After the first chant, we were joined by the soccer team, and then the chant started to spread through the crowd. People were turning around to look at us, and some of them were starting to boo Trevino.

After the kick off we switched the chant to "What do we want? An end to rape! When do we want it? Right now!"

We were starting to get noticed. Trevino was on the sidelines, and he kept turning around and scowling at us. Finally, he threw his helmet on the ground and started yelling at us.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Principal McGuire advancing towards us, followed by the cops.

He approached me and got in my face.

"What is the meaning of this?"

I looked at him calmly, as I had been instructed to do by our 'media specialist.' "All twelve of us have been raped by Jason Trevino, and Molly and I reported it to the proper authorities. Nevertheless, he continues to play football. We are simply expressing our desire, in accordance with our First Amendment rights, that Trevino be removed from the football team, and that future allegations of rape receive the credence they deserve."

I noticed that the booing had gotten louder, and now seemed to be directed at McGuire more than Trevino.

McGuire sputtered. "You are in violation of a number of school rules and you are going to face the consequences come Monday! Now get out within five minutes or I'll have you all arrested."

We had been told not to resist any orders McGuire gave us, because it would give the other side an opportunity to make the issue about us being disobedient, rather than the rapes, so I led the girls in a single file line down the steps and out of the stadium, with soccer players on either side of us. I was next to Shane, and held his hand. He squeezed mine reassuringly. The crowd cheered us loudly, and when I looked back a good number of them were following us out of the stands. I smiled at the TV camera when we passed it. The reporter signaled to the cameraman and they followed us outside.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.