Undercover Rose
Chapter 25

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

When I returned from my ride the next morning there was a complete dossier on a security guard name Roland Gillispee. I made myself leave it until after my shower.

The shower took the usual twelve minutes before it ran cold. I got out of it then dressed in the outer bathroom. I chose a pair of sloppy pants and a sweatshirt, since the plan was to sit around trying to work out my plan for Roland.

First thing to do was to find out all about Roland. I already knew there was something dark in his past. Nobody had the great ambition of being a security guard. Security guards were usually the best of a flawed lot. So somewhere in his history was the reason Roland was a security guard.

From reading his background report I learned Roland did some time in the military police. He rode herd on convoys in Afghanistan and came back with serious PTSD. He wanted to be a policeman, but failed the psychological exam. He had a mild drinking problem and seemed to be womanizer, which no doubt is why they chose me for the job. I guess it didn't hurt to have your own whore on call.

On first reading what I came away with was that this guy was a bit of a macho dude, who woke up in tears some nights. I had no experience with the type, but I did have a woman's natural empathy. I figured I could handle him, but like Sylvia had said, it might have been easier to kill him. The burn after reading file's equivalent with the Church Camp people was 'do not copy and return to us' after reading.

The two days was for me to get a feel for Roland Gillispee. I read that his psychology profile made him want to be a hero. It also made him a creature of habit. Those two things I decided were going to make him vulnerable. It looked as though it would be a slow play to make the seduction hold for a month. It might be that long. Just because I had a week to meet and seduce him, did not mean the assault on the building would take place at the end of that time. More like it would be sometime after the week.

Roland was a lot like me. He was a creature of habit. I had no idea what dreams he had or what memories they were based on. I knew about mine. I looked forward to a not so nice death, if my cover was cracked. Then there were the things I had done that haunted me. So yes I had my demons and I understood his feelings. I could justify what I was about to do with the knowledge that if it worked I would be saving his life. It might not be much with which to salve my conscience, but it was the best I could do. I was about to use him and I didn't like the feeling, but then I always used someone and I never liked the feeling. Maybe I wasn't so far gone after all.

Some people went to drugs and some to liquor. Me I went to Country Store. Working on it was excellent therapy. I expect that is why I never wanted it to end. I knew at heart, if I ever broke out and allowed myself to take that first drink, I would just follow the bottle into the trash.

The one thing that prison did for me was it dried me out. After my time in the joint all the drugs and liquor was purged from my body. I hurt often and needed to escape, but I found ways to escape which weren't so self-destructive. The prison psychologist would be proud of me. He called it the grand substitution. For me it was a man, a woman or a dildo. Well not always, sometimes it was just looking at pictures of Country Store before I put my hand to it. So I guess you could say I found my release in some of the same things Roland had. He could never know that, but it was true nonetheless.

I put another log on the fire and realized why all the stoves at Church Camp were wood. The act of keeping the fire going kept one engaged in the real world. It was something that regularly had to be done to stay at least somewhat comfortable. It was just another thing to keep me from drifting into an alternate reality.

The first night of the mission I went to the Internet to find a man to stimulate my body's endorphin pain killer. It probably wouldn't help a gun shot, but an open wound to the psyche did help to scar over, at least for me it did.

Day two started at 6 AM. After five hours sleep I had to be moving. It was part of being connected to reality. It also helped me to keep the Country Store warm. After six hours the embers in the firebox were still glowing. It was easy to build a fire again just by adding some small split pieces of Carlos scrap then a couple of split logs.

I always turned the gas fire ring on medium because I wouldn't need the water in the tank for at least two hours It would be plenty warm enough by then. Since everything in the bathroom, where the water heater did it's thing, was made of concrete, there was almost a zero chance of fire. That is unless it exploded, a very unlikely event.

I put on my thermal underwear pants over my panties, then the heavy thermal long sleeve tee shirt over my light weight short sleeve thermal shirt in which I slept. Then came the fleece pants and sweatshirt. After all that came the heavy baggy work jeans and coat. Finally a ski mask with a nylon over fleece kind of fabric. Then I was ready to give the winter morning a chance to clear my head.

I put all I had into the ride for the plaza. The heavy half boots and thick boot socks made the ride even more taxing. Even so I enjoyed the self abuse. It was better than being abused by someone else, I had decided long before. When I got off the bike for the first time it was in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant.

After breakfast I put the windbreaker back on and rolled off for home. After my ride I rushed into the warm house. I sat by the fire while my body adjusted to the change in temperature. While I waited I stared at the photograph of Roland. I couldn't even think about him without feeling sad.

I put the tablet away and went to the shower. I turned off the heat ring under the water heater and turned on the pump. After twenty minutes I turned off the water to the shower. Then I turned the water back on in order to refill the water heater. I started dressing while it filled.

I had a whole lot of empty space in the two bathrooms and would have loved to store my clothes in there, but the damp steam would have done a number on them. The galley kitchen would never do since it was just outside the door and I also need all the space in there for food preparation.

I stored my clean clothes in the living room. In order to do that I had a false four foot high wall made from almost clear shoe boxes. Above it there was an open clothes bar for my handing things. My thermal gear was kept in a big box by the galley door.

I replaced the lightweight tee with one almost like it. It was warm without being uncomfortable. My panties were just a pair of my bikini cotton ones. I replaced the same jeans I had worn to Church Camp. Jeans I wore two days unless I spilled something. I did put on a clean sweatshirt over the thermal tee.

So I was dressed and ready to study Roland Gillispee again. I spent the day not just memorizing the details, I tried to understand the effect that things in the in the file might have had on an average person. Yeah he might be crazy. Then again he might be reacting to outside stimuli. If that were the case I could control him by controlling the stimulus I presented.

I wasn't physically exhausted, but I was mentally exhausted. I had to leave the next day around noon to make it to the State Sponsored Industrial Park by 3 PM. The complex was the backwoods version of Silicon Valley. Three major State Universities were within a five mile drive of the park. However it was a four hour drive from my Country Store. My day progressed to the end with almost nothing happening. I had way too much time to think, I decided.

When I awoke at 5:30, I decided to risk my normal morning routine. After my breakfast, my shower, and after I was dressed for the day, I called Carlos on his cell phone. I asked, "Carlos I hate to ask but would you swing my house. I wouldn't ask but I'm expecting some expensive toys to be delivered."

"Sure I have your key I'll just slide them inside and make sure everything is okay. You got any idea how long you will be gone?" he asked.

"A month maybe, I really have no idea I never do," I explained.

"So how many packages?" Carlos asked.

"I don't know how many boxes but they are coming from the same supplier, but that doesn't mean he isn't farming it out. Some of it may come today or a week from today. I just don't know," I said. "I honestly didn't know I was leaving town when I placed the order."

"No problem, I can check every day when I take Jose home from school," he said.

"I'm not sure they will leave it, but if they won't just do what you can. I'll deal with the consequences when I get back," I said.

After Carlos hung up the phone I decided to take a bag full of items to leave with Sylvia Porter, just in case the house got broken into. I couldn't explain away all the cash and I didn't want to explain away the laptop provided by the SBI or the tablet with the Church Camp mail. So I loaded it all into a backpack and threw it in the truck, along with the second backpack with my clothes.

I got on the road by 10 AM. I drove slowly enough so that it took the whole four hours. Even so I was an hour earlier than the appointed time. I wandered through the stores in the small shopping plaza within sight of the Shoney's restaurant. At exactly 3 PM I stepped inside the restaurant. Sylvia wasn't present. She most likely was waiting across the street to be sure I wasn't triggering some kind of trap.

After ten minutes I was beginning to worry, but at the fifteen minute mark Sylvia walked in. She looked like hell, as she had during our last meeting. She absolutely was one of the least physically appealing woman I had ever met. Still there was something about her. Something that made me feel safe and warm. I couldn't explain it. She just filled the room somehow.

"So Rose I see you found the place," she commented.

"Yes finding it with GPS is pretty simple. I'm not sure how well I would do without it," I said.

"So have you finished your homework?" She asked.

"Finished with what I had, but if you got anything else bring it on. I can never have too much information," I commented.

"At the moment you know everything we know. I think you may be in the best position to learn more and update his file yourself," she said. "Have you decided how to approach him?"

"The man is a creature of habit with a need to be a hero I think," I said. "So I'm thinking I will let him rescue me from some terrific situation. If he offers, I'll let him save me, if not I'll borrow his cell phone to call for help. Before I can do any of that I need to get a job and a place to live. Morris usually does all that,"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.