Afternoon Delight - Cover

Afternoon Delight

Copyright© 2013 by Hambone Jones

Chapter 2

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Harry Marshall tells us about his recent bestseller and the book he's working on at the present time. In this convoluted story Harry takes us from his relationship with his female agent to his gang at Benny's bar.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Ma/Ma   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   Heterosexual   Cheating   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Bestiality   Slow  

My name is Harold Ellsworth Marshall. Somewhere in my background I'm related to John Marshall, one time Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court. At no time did this fact ever influence me toward going to law school, nor the fact that my father is a lawyer. I witnessed firsthand the demands of the profession and knew I was not up to the task. If there is one thing I know it's my limitations. Besides I take after my mother's side of the family and their Epicurean inclinations.

I attended Mr. Jefferson's university, the University of Virginia, and majored in creative writing. When I finished college I thought I would like to write but I soon realized I had nothing to say. Certainly nothing anyone would want to read so I got a job with a small southern literary monthly in Richmond. It didn't pay much but I soon learned what real writing was. After three years, at age twenty-four I decided to take a shot and move north to freelance. Fearing New York was too big a pond I halted my northern trek in Philadelphia where I obtained an agent and immediate work. I have since enjoyed a mild degree of success both professionally and financially.

My agent, Annie Mays Starnes, had a group of successful older writers that she represented and did very well. At my first interview she told me she was looking for younger blood to bring some vitality back to the agency and took me as a client despite my limited experience. When asked I told her that I had not as yet secured a permanent place to live and that I was staying in a small motel. She insisted that I stay with her. She said, "I have that big old house with no one there but me. Since Mark and I divorced I'm alone. Come on we'll get your things and you can move in today. Save you some money on rent. Millie, I'm gone for the day."

"OK Ms. Starnes see you in the morning. Have a nice evening," said Millie, her secretary.

I found out later that Mark was Mark Hermann the author of the bestselling Jack Jackson private eye series. Mark Hermann had been one of Annie Mays Starnes' clients and then her husband/client or was it client/husband? Oh well whichever, and she was still his agent. Maybe that was part of the divorce settlement.

Annie Mays Starnes lived in an old three story in what had once been one of the tonier parts of town. While looking the worse for wear the neighborhood retained a certain charm what with the tree lined boulevard streets and nineteenth century street lights. With fall approaching there was a slight coolness to the late afternoon air.

"Take your things upstairs, first room on the right. It has its own bath and plenty of closets. I'm just across the hall. When you're settled in come down for a drink and we'll decide what to do about diner"

I took my cases and hanging clothes bag up to the room on the right and was amazed at its size. It had a twelve foot ceiling, windows that started just above floor level and went almost to the ceiling, chair rail and crown moldings, and a fireplace. I wondered if it worked. The bathroom had been modernized. To look at it you would have thought the house had been built within the last two years instead of over hundred and fifty years ago.

Before going down stairs I peeked in through the open door to Annie's room. It was done all in pale yellow with plush chocolate carpeting, white painted doors with trim that matched the carpet. There was a king sized bed that showed signs of having been slept in.

When I came down Annie was in the back parlor. Instead of hard liquor there was an uncorked bottle of red wine on the small table with two glasses. As I entered she poured and offered me one of the glasses. UVA has a reputation of teaching its students how to drink like gentlemen and in some instances ladies.

"Thank you Ms. Starnes."

"Let's get rid of the Ms. Starnes right now. Call me Annie and I will call you Harry. Is the room all right?"

"It's more than all right it's great. Does the fireplace work?"

"They all work. There's one in every room but the bathrooms except that my bathroom has one. About eighteen months ago I had everything brought up to code and modernized. Cost me an arm and a leg. The kitchen which was huge I had remolded as a kitchen and kind of sunroom breakfast area. The whole back wall and part of the outside wall is all glass. It's a bitch to heat and cool but you get a lovely view of the back garden and the morning sun."

Annie noticed my glass nearly empty and quickly remedied that as well as adding to her own. The décor of the room and the wine was giving me a warm feeling and I was beginning to look more closely at Annie Mays Starnes and she was looking good.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.