07 Home 2 - Cover

07 Home 2

Copyright© 2013 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 28

Flashback – Ben – Another frying pan!

Just when I thought we were going to be safe (mostly because I heard the Spetsnaz BTR 80 approach) rounds were fired at us from behind and one even hit my chair ... Son of a bitch! The fuckers had flanked us.

I ordered, "Elena, find some fucking place to hide while I take care of these fuckers."

I spun my wheelchair, rolled toward a bag of mags and grenades, scooped them up off the floor and put them in my lap. I gave the chair another good push (these fuckers couldn't hit their own ass with both hands if it was moving), reached down then pulled a pin on the grenade and threw it in the general vicinity of the fuckers. Next I raised my AK and began to blast the hell out of the area...

Flashback – Jack – At the old Orthodox Church

I fired at the fucking Chechen terrorists as they began to run from the BTR 80. Just as I began to relax, all hell started to break loose from inside the church. I said to the old grandmother, "Shit! Some of them must have flanked the church; I need to get my ass inside and help them."

She confirmed, "Yes, that is the only logical assumption."

I hauled ass toward the church but I couldn't help the feeling that grandmother's voice - well it sounded strangely familiar...

I sure hoped that Banzai's team understood that I was Spetsnaz and was there to help, otherwise this was going to end up badly...

Flashback – Ben – Another frying pan!

Elena yelled, "Ben, someone is running toward the church. What should I do?"

I asked, "Did you find any more AK's?"

She replied, "No, we only have the one you are using."

I thought about having her chuck some grenades at them, but decided she might blow us to hell by accident. I rolled back toward the window, took a quick look and said, "Hell! That's Jack! The old fart is finally here to help!" With that threat removed I turned my attention to the fuckers who were hiding in my church! Even though this church was old and no longer used, to think those Muslim fuckers were desecrating it really pissed me off!

The fuckers were hiding like rats in a hole but I could scope their general location from the echoes their shots made. So I started a saturated grenade launching program to blow the hell out of their general location...

Flashback – Jack – At the old Orthodox Church

Once again someone was going fucking ape-shit with the grenades. When I finally meet Banzai's team, I'm going to buy all of them a bottle or two of vodka. I reached the church, jumped through what's left of the window, rolled behind a pew then assessed the area of operation.

Fuck! I saw Banzai's cute little nurse hiding like a little mouse and ... Fuck me! Banzai was the only other guy in here. He's rolling around like crazy in his wheelchair, firing his AK toward what I can only guess is where the fuckers are holed up and chucking grenades at them in between the AK fire. I jumped up, ran toward him, saw a bag of grenades on floor and grabbed them as I ran past. I ducked behind another pew then started helping Banzai with the grenades. We were doing great until...

Flashback – Ben – Another frying pan!

Jack is here and we're really starting to kick some ass. I see the fuckers start to run away, begin to relax when I hear something that concerns the hell out of me ... I tip my wheelchair on its side and begin to pray...

Flashback – Masha – At the old Orthodox Church

I began working on Tatiana and determined most of her wounds were shrapnel which didn't enter her body very deeply. I removed the shrapnel and dressed the wounds while she repeatedly complained, "Masha, we must save Ben!"

I replied, "Tatiana, whoever is with Ben is doing fine by themselves. We need to dress your wounds then get you to the hospital. Jack must not discover my ruse."

I finished dressing her and prepared to move her when the hounds of hades visited the church...

Flashback – Jens – At the military hospital

They started working on me again and then of all people, my ballet teacher, showed up. She gave me the nicest roses (they reminded me of the ones Ben sent me – I sure hope you remember what happened to those) and questioned, "Jennifer, will you still be able to perform in Swan Lake?"

While using the prima ballerina card on my parents, I hadn't yet considered how I could use it with my ballet teacher, at the ballet school or any other places. I needed some time to think about all the possible ramifications. So I replied, "Olga (my teacher's name), even though the pain is very great, I think I will be able to perform."

Olga replied, "Jennifer, you must perform for us as I have several very important people coming to the performance. Just let me know whatever you need and we will try to do it for you."

She squeezed my hand, I looked at her face and actually saw tears in her eyes. That helped me to make up my mind...

The nurse interrupted, "Ma'am, you will need to leave while we continue to treat Jennifer."

She smiled at me, blew me a kiss and left me to the pain of having the melted clothing removed from my burned skin...

Flashback – Glen

Hell bells, who would have thought it would have been so hard to find BDU's for Jennifer! I finally gave up trying to requisition them, went to the BX (Base eXchange) and purchased them. While I was at it I found several other camo items I thought she would like so I added those to my purchases and headed back to the hospital.

The minute I entered the room I wished I had returned here earlier!!!

Flashback – Jens – At the military hospital

They finally finished removing all the melted clothes from my burns, removed me from the water, carefully dried me (which hurt like heck) and gave me one of those stupid hospital gowns – you know, the ones that show your whole backside! Everyone left the room except for my friend the nurse. She was doing something with my IV so I asked, "What are you doing?"

She answered, "It's time for your next pain medication injection."

I smiled because I knew that soon I would feel the warmth and pain relief spread through my body. I asked, "Now that you're finished removing the cloth what's next."

She stated, "Well young lady, you were very lucky since most of your burns are minor. There are a few places, mostly on your back, which will require monitoring and some debridement. But, you should be able to go home in a few days."

Evelyn (once again drunk) walked into the room, heard the nurse's comment and demanded, "Like hell is my daughter going to spend any more time in this hospital! She's just goldbricking and needs to get home and practice her ballet."

My friend the nurse countered, "Ms. Donaldson, I can assure you that your daughter is not 'goldbricking'. Her injuries are real and she needs to stay here for several days until the doctors release her."

That got Evelyn on her high horse she yelled, "I am General Donaldson's wife and you can't make me keep my daughter here! Jennifer, get your lazy ass out of that bed and get dressed."

The nurse pressed the call button then ordered, "Young lady, don't get out of that bed."

Evelyn approached the bed but the nurse intercepted her. She and Evelyn started physically fighting. Daddy walked into the room and demanded, "What the hell is going on here?"

Evelyn slurred, "Glen, they won't let me bring Jennifer home."

The nurse argued, "Sir, the doctor said she needs to spend a few days in the hospital for observation."

Daddy said, "Evelyn, we can't go against the doctor's orders."

Evelyn stated, "Well if Jennifer can't come home then I'm going to get her ballet teacher to come here and give her private lessons."

Daddy asked, "Nurse, is that something that is possible?"

The doctor walked into the room and demanded, "What's this I hear about you trying to take my patient out of here."

Daddy said in his defense, "Don't look at me!"

Evelyn declared, "That's right. My daughter is performing as Odette in Swan Lake and she doesn't have time to be lying around in bed getting fat and lazy."

Suddenly I had a great idea! I began to very loudly cry. Everyone stopped, looked at me and Daddy asked, "Jennifer, what's wrong."

I sobbed, "Mother called me fat and lazy! Now, I don't even want to dance in that stupid ballet."

Evelyn shouted, "What! I never called you fat and lazy! And you are going to dance no matter what!"

My 'so called' friend the nurse ignored my crying and asked, "Doctor, Ms. Donaldson wondered if Jennifer's ballet instructor could come here to give Jennifer private lessons and I was just thinking the other children in the ward might find it entertaining."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.