07 Home 2 - Cover

07 Home 2

Copyright© 2013 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 5

Present – Liz – Guarding Jens and Maria

I look at Todd and realize that I'm looking at an exceptional man – oh I always knew he was special – but thanks to him we've finally gotten ahead of the drug lord. Hell without him – well, they would have advanced to the tunnels and we'd be captured or dead. My reporter feelings kick in so I ask, "Todd, can you explain your earlier statement to me???"

Present – Todd – Guarding Jens and Maria

I can tell that Liz has become a 'reporter' and I need to be careful about how much I reveal. I answer in sign, "Liz, there is no way that all the 'Marines' that came here were vetted. Until we can vet each and every one of them, Jennifer is at risk from any or all of them."

Liz questions, "Surely not from her father, Glen?"

I smile and answer in ASL, "Liz, the only ones I trust right now are those of us that have been with Jennifer from the start. For all we know, Glen is a 'Manchurian Candidate'."

Liz counters, "Todd, you can't really think that Glen has been brainwashed into killing his own daughter."

I respond with a question, "Liz, has Glen changed?"

I love watching Liz because next to Jennifer (when she's not acting crazy) she is one of the most intelligent women I know. She replies, "Hell yes he's changed! It's like he's a totally different man."

I add, "And you and everyone else assumes that change is attributed to his wife Evelyn being placed in a mental hospital."

Liz too quickly replies, "Hell yes! She was a real bitch to Jens..."

She stops mid-sentence. I can tell she's thinking then she smiles at me and agrees, "Todd, you're fucking right!"

I sign, "You bet I am. For all we know Glen has been programmed by the drug lord to execute Jennifer..."

Present – Liz – Guarding Jens and Maria

Fuck me! Todd is right! We can't trust anyone that hasn't been with Jens from the start. I continue to ask, "Well, what about those who were apart from Jens for an extended time, like Linus and Maria?"

Todd signs, "From what I have observed, I have no concerns about Linus, his team or Maria."

I add, "What about Mabel, the girls and the terrible triumvirate?"

I assure Liz, "Mabel discovered a natural cure for the drugged water so she is not a threat. Yasmeen and Zarika are a threat to Jennifer but not as Manchurian Candidates. Their threat is to Jennifer's plan to marry Ben Blaine because they feel they have a prior claim. And the terrible triumvirate has conditioning beyond even mine and they are not subject to 'brainwashing'."

I continue my train of thought, "Todd, where did you receive your training?"

He signs something that doesn't make sense so I ask, "Please repeat?"

He signs, "Liz Morgan, that I will never tell you!"

I look at Jens and Maria - they seem to be resting peacefully and so I ask one more question, "What did you give them?"

Todd surprises we with a vague answer, "Something to heal them."

This man is an enigma! Without a thought that I might be treading on sensitive ground, I question, "Can I interview you later?"

He angrily signs, "Not no, but hell no! And this conversation is over!"

I decide I need to get the station working to dig up whatever information we can on Todd...

Present – Masha and Jack – In the medical plane

I notice Jack places his hand on his pistol as Glen becomes agitated. Quickly I realize that the level of hate my husband has for his former commander might possibly be without bounds. I am thankful that Todd rectifies the situation, then I silently curse myself for being a good 'soccer mother' while Jack went on that ill-fated mission with Jennifer to rescue Ben. I should have been more involved in the situation and perhaps even rendered some assistance. All I really know is the mission was a failure, they were all captured and Jennifer Donaldson went to a penitentiary for the 'crimes' she committed...

I now understand for the first time that more occurred during that mission than Jack related to me after the fact. I stoke my husband's head to calm him and say, "Jack your feelings for your former commander need to be rectified."

Jack surprises me when he aggressively declares, "Well, if Todd had not taken him out, I would have." Then he pats his pistol.

I know my husband and the pistol threat is not an idle boast so I caution, "Jack my love, if you were to eliminate Glen, you would incur the wrath of all the Marines assembled."

He further declares, "So who the fuck gives a shit! The bastard deserves to die!"

I gently remind him, "Well I for one give a shit. Your son Ivan for another gives a shit and our unborn daughter for still another gives a shit. Now promise me that we more important than your anger toward Glen? Because if your revenge is more important than us then you are not the same man I've chosen to grow old with."

He looks at me, smiles and promises...

Hell Masha is almost always right! I can't take the retribution toward Glen he deserves without – well, without either being killed or going to prison for the rest of my life.

I ponder that thought deeply, smile and answer, "Masha of course you, Ivan and our unborn daughter mean more to me than anyone in the world."

She digs deeper, "You didn't answer the entire question."

I continue, "Yes, you are more important than my anger toward Glen, but that fucker still needs to pay. What he's done is criminal!"

She blows me away when she declares, "Jack, the man has lost his career, his wife and even estranged his daughter. Perhaps he has suffered enough???"

Hells bells! Masha just shot me the hell down! However I can't ignore it, she is right. In real confusion I question, "Masha how in the hell do I forgive him?"

What she says next – well, it shouldn't be legal for a wife to say that to her husband...

Present – Glen – Leaving the medical plane

Whatever the fuck the doctor gave me ... Tasted nasty and came close to killing me before it cured me! The worst part was pissing and shitting my pants. Thank God the doctor had a nurse bring me some new fatigues and help clean me up. I was up and mobile but I was still moving slow and – well not thinking totally clearly.

I met Linus outside and ask, "Did they give you the same 'cure'?"

He laughs, "Hell yes! That was a son of a bitch fix for an even worse problem."

I question, "Where's Jennifer?"

He answers, "She and Maria are down with the same problem because they both took a shower."

I shake my head, "Yeah, who would have thought it could affect us right through the skin."

Linus replies, "Todd did. Hell, we owe him our lives."

I ask, "What the fuck was it they gave us?"

Linus answers, "The hell if I know, but it sure tasted like ass."

I nod my head and agree, "Well, it looks like everyone is getting some of the ass-tasting cure we received. I need to go and make sure my men are okay."

Linus answers, "I'm going to check on Maria and Jens."

I order, "Let me know how they're doing."

Linus replies, "Yes Sir..."

Present – Linus – Checking on Maria and Jens

Yeah, it's good to see the men recovering from what was – well – hell on Earth! If I never feel that way again in my life it would be just fine with me!

I head into the tunnels to find Maria and Jennifer and see how they are doing. I open the door and I see a drawn bow and a M-4 aimed at me. I hold up my hands and ask, "I'm not sure what the hell I did but does it justify this?"

Todd looks at Liz, signs and Liz says, "Sorry Linus, but Todd feels that Jens and Maria might be in danger from the 'Marines' and others."

I demand, "What the fuck are you talking about?"

Liz explains to me and it makes too much sense to be overlooked. I look at Todd and question, "Even Glen?"

He signs, "Especially Glen. Who better for them to turn?"

Liz adds, "Linus, look at the changes in him. How in the hell did those happen so quickly?"

It makes too much sense and I need to think about it so I switch mental channels, "What's going on with Jens and Maria?"

Todd tells me and I question, "Well, Mabel's tea was closer to death than a cure, didn't you have enough of your cure for all of us?"

Todd answers, "Linus, I saw Glen cured by Mabel's tea and I know how brutal and embarrassing it was. No, I don't carry that much of my cure with me, in fact using the little I have will force me to take a trip to acquire a new supply."

I ask, "Can I help you?"

He signs, "Not no, but hell no! Now either help us protect Jens and Maria or leave."

I decide to do the first and make sure my M-4 is ready.

Liz states, "Linus if you're helping Todd, I would like to go because I have some things to take care of."

I answer, "Liz, go for it."

Liz leaves the room and I really wonder if Todd is being paranoid ... Then I remember that he was the one who figured other things out.

I question, "Todd, where did you get your training?"

He rudely signs, "Linus, that's for me to know and for you to never know!"

I look at Todd and realize he's our man of mystery and I'm glad as hell he's here. Then something upsetting happens...

Present – Zarika and Yasmeen – In the medical plane

I have been giving Yasmeen ice chips because that's all they will allow her to have and I've decided I have an extreme interest in things related to the medical profession. Yes, taking care of Yasmeen reminds me of the time I cared of our future husband Ben when he had been shot – that seemed like an entire lifetime ago. Perhaps I will become a nurse or even a doctor. I think our Ben would be proud of me if I did that.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.