Time of Eden and Elves
Chapter 39

Copyright© 2013 by Mike Cropo

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 39 - Book One of A Spartan's War by Mike Cropos. A group of genetically engineered soldiers must fight to survive on a future Earth where everything they know is gone.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   Science Fiction   Military   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, sci-fi military story

SOUTHERN DEFENSIVE LINE

The Southern defensive line stretched from the edge of the Tushar Mountain range, angling slightly south and then back northeast to Kingston, Utah, ending a mile and a half east of Kingston at the base of the Piute Mountain range north of Old Route 62. A six mile long stretch of nothing but burned and barren earth, with a six foot deep trench that was three pairs of shoulders in width across, with a heavily fortified bunker equipped with two heavy machine guns spaced every hundred meters. Ben had mentioned to Martin one day many months ago how Eden City's defensive line looked much like the German defensive line of World War II so long ago.

The expanse in front of this trench had been sowed with thousands of land mines stretching for a complete mile outward from the trench line. The twelve previous hours had seen nothing but artillery raining down in this expanse of land, mostly airburst rounds that were used to detonate land mines. The earth in front of the trench all along the front was now nothing but a pocked marked landscape of small and medium sized craters where the mines had been detonated by the artillery.

As one drew closer to the intersection of where Highway 89 moving north and Old Route 62 heading west met hundreds of bodies could now be seen strew across the land in every pose of macabre death one could possibly imagine. The nearly two complete divisions of cloned Vampire Coven troops had rammed headlong into this area without regard, and here is where they died. They were designed to be superior fighters than normal vampire troops, considerably harder to kill and much more adaptable to the sometimes unorthodox tactics that their Lycavorian Spartan enemies employed.

This day had not gone well for them in the least.

Told they would be facing perhaps ten thousand Lycavorian Spartans combined with elf and human allies, they had dashed across this wide expanse of land hoping to catch their enemies by surprise with their superior numbers and skill. What they found waiting for them were nearly forty thousand Lycavorian Spartans and thousands more elves and humans manning the trench line. They had been unprepared for hand-to-hand combat, considering themselves above such demeaning activity. Nearly thirty thousand of them paid the price for that foolhardy mentality as the Spartans had expended nearly a million rounds of ammunition in the first minute, and then leaped from the trench line. In a crazed rush across the body strewn battlefield the Lycavorian Spartans fell upon them with their ritual Nehtes and small handguns, and it turned into a slaughter field. In twenty-six minutes of slashing and stabbing combat, blood soaking the earth around them, it was over and the vampire's clone army was decimated.

Now they stood once more, prepared for battle.

The line of Lycavorian Spartans stretched for half a mile, between two rolling hills south of Old Route 62. They stood three deep, the front row in a combat crouch, their Shi Viskas humming on their arms and forming a wall of gold and silver shields. Nehtes were extended over the tops of the shields, all of them dripping with the fresh blood of the vampire cloned troops, or the barrels of P190s, freshly reloaded waited to hand out more death. Their matte black body armor was stained with dust, soot and the blood of their lifelong enemies. Their black steel helmets covering everything on their heads except for their glittering wolf eyes and the fangs that protruded from beneath ther grim lips.

They had fought for centuries like this, beating back the charges of vampires across the world and across the universe, exchanging bullets and grenades, artillery and missiles, plasma beams and Proton torpedoes, dating back to the time of the one man who had started it all and brought them together across the universe. Over three thousand years had passed since the death of the only King many of them had ever known, and though they had never met him they worshiped him. They had fought in his name since that time, hoping beyond hope that one day his descendant would return and lead them once more. On this day ... all their hopes and visions for the future had become so much more brighter, for they were not being led by the descendant of this King...

They were being led by his very own son.

Stretched across the landscape in front of them were thirty-nine thousand of the Vampire High Covens most dreaded and skilled troops; troops that had butchered more of their people than there were stars in the night sky. They were troops that did not fear death, nor injury and they were beasts that fed on the blood of the fallen. They had served the Vampire High Coven since their inception nearly twelve thousand years ago. They were known by only one name, and that name had struck fear in the hearts of many until one man over three thousand years ago had shown they could be killed. That man's son now stood viewing the same sight his father had seen in a different location and a different time.

They were known as the Immortals, and once more they were poised to meet a Leonidas in battle.

Martin Leonidas and Walter Carson stood shoulder-to-shoulder in the center of the half mile long line of Spartans. Three thousand and twenty-five years old, and until a little more than a month ago he had not known who or what he truly was. He had been born in the earth year of 479 B.C. on board a Lycavorian cruiser in deep space, placed in suspended animation at only three months of age, never knowing who his parents were or even what he was. The thirty-three years of life he had known had been full of questions for him, questions of where he had come from, who he was and why he could change as he did. To say those answers were unbelievable was an understatement, but the answers had made his wolf blood sing and staring at the line of men and women on either side of him as he did now, he knew it was right.

Martin's yellow/gold wolf eyes looked across the plain at the ranks of Immortals and he could feel the hatred fueling him. Somewhere across this plain within the ranks of Immortals was the man who had robbed him of his father, robbed him of his heritage, and until recently robbed him of his mother. He intended to make him pay for those crimes ... in spades.

"How many do you think?" Martin asked not looking at Walter, whose own wolf eyes gazed across the plain.

"I would say thirty thousand at least Milord." Walter replied evenly, "More than enough for all of us." He finished with a grin.

Martin heard the soft chuckle from his opposite side and he looked at his Royal Captain and brother to his youngest Queen. He matched Andreus's smile and looked back forward. "So why don't they use their ray guns or some shit on us? Don't they have like ray guns, or laser rifles or laser swords? What was that old movie that had them cool laser swords Walter? The one you made us watch as kids."

"If I'm not mistaken, you are referring to the movie Star Warriors ... or Star Wars ... yes that was it sire. And I believe they were called lightswords or something of that nature." Walter replied.

"Yeah ... a lightsword," Martin spoke. "I want one of those."

The Spartans squatting in front of them heard their King's comment and one turned his head slightly back as they chuckled. He was a Lycavorian like his King, yet he had been born on Apo Prime; thousands of light years from this rock of a planet. The laconic bravery of King Leonidas was well documented in their history scrolls, and it appeared his son had inherited this trait many times over.

"Their weapons are similar to our P190s sire." He spoke in reply, "Projectile weapons. No one has yet perfected the technology to make plasma rifles due to power cell restraints. They would be far too cumbersome. We have small hand blaster weapons and similar small rifles, but they are ineffective past a few dozen meters and useless for long range fighting."

Martin nodded. "Ok ... I guess that explains that. So why aren't they shooting them at us?"

"I do not know Milord." The Spartan replied with another grin. "This is not normal for them either."

Martin looked at Walter. "Seems like not normal has become the normal thing for me nowadays."

Walter and Andreus both smiled at that. "Sire we should..."

Leonidas! Xerxes voice echoed in the heads of all the Spartans and Immortals on the field, reaching back even to where Gorgo stood with Aricia, Anja and Dysea.

Martin looked across the field and saw the ranks of Immortals part like a wave and the tall figure of Xerxes appeared. They stood six hundred meters apart, but he was easy to pick out with their wolf eyes.

"He has not changed a bit sire." Walter spoke softly, his eyes narrowing in hatred. "Not in over three thousand years. He still considers himself to be a godlike figure."

What do you want cockbreath? Martin projected the thought clearly across the field. He could hear the chuckling from those Spartans closest to him. I have a date tonight with four beautiful women and my mother and I don't want to be late, so could we hurry this up?

Gorgo, Isabella and the others heard Martin's words in the open link and she gasped in surprise, looking at the three females her son had chosen as his Queens. All of them stood there calm and serene with barely a hint of emotion, yet their bodies were poised for action, as if waiting to pounce at some pre-arranged signal.

Aricia she knew from Martin's memories was the Pureblood Lycavorian female that had taken his heart, and looking at her she could see why. Her long raven black hair, while now soaked with sweat and blood in some spots was thick and shiny and her stunning azure blue eyes could bring any male wolf to a screeching stop with their gaze. Her long legs and lush muscular young body promised physical pleasures beyond imagination and would have made her one of the most sought after female wolves on Apo Prime. Male wolves would have been nipping at her heels until someone had claimed her, especially due to her pure blood and exceptional beauty. Gorgo also knew that had they not been devoted to her son, Anja and Dysea, two obvious Alpha females who Martin had turned would be nearly as sought after by single Alpha males searching for mates. She had watched them fighting at her son's side, and it had been nothing short of spectacular to witness. Aricia stood in the middle now, only slightly taller than Anja and Dysea, but there was no mistaking the connection between the women as far as Gorgo could see. That they were lovers of each other as well as her son was obvious in the way they stood so close together, their bodies touching, and the power of the combined aura they projected to Martin was staggering. The three tendrils of their auras were interwoven together in a way that made it impossible to tell them apart.

Gorgo watched as Dysea the she-elf glanced back quickly, her emerald green eyes settling on Isabella standing next to her. While Isabella might not be wolf and therefore could not smell the attraction and desire wafting from the green eyed she-elf for her, Gorgo certainly could. Dysea turned slightly and saw Gorgo looking at her intently and she lowered her eyes quickly and shyly before turning back to look across the field.

So you are the son of Leonidas. Xerxes spoke from across the expanse of plains and bodies. I see you are your father's son, and it is fate that we have come here this day.

[Shielded] Bella ... I didn't think your kind were telepathic? Martin said reaching out with his mind to one person.

Martin didn't see her step forward and move next to Dysea, her eyes slightly wide at the power of his voice in her head.

[Shielded] Like your people Martin Leonidas ... vampires are ... telepathic as you describe ... your people and mine use the term Mindvoice and most of my people, as with yours, do not advance this skill beyond the basics. Most can not speak as we are now speaking. Isabella answered.

[Shielded] I'm guessing that does not include your brother here?

[Shielded] That animal is not my brother! He was never my brother! He is an abomination! The sooner you kill you the better we all will be. My ... my father and Yuri are the most powerful of the mindvoicers that I know of but there are several thousand among my people who are considered very dangerous. I have not seen Xerxes in nearly a thousand years and I was not aware he had developed this level of skill.

[Shielded] Any recommendations on how I should proceed.

[Shielded] Yes ... kill him. Isabella heard Martin chuckle within her mind and for some reason it was soothing and pleasant and filled her with warmth.

[Shielded] Yeah ... well I'll get to that part.

Surrender Xerxes and I might spare your life. Martin spoke now, his thoughts projecting openly for all to hear.

Xerxes's laughter in their heads was arrogant and demeaning. Surrender to you. A Lycavorian animal! I think not. I will crush the life from you as I crushed the life from your father. And when I present your head I will be proclaimed as a hero of the Coven.

You must not have been watching the news lately scar face. Martin quipped his reply right back at him. Your people can't get off this planet fast enough Xerxes. Yuri has deserted you. My fleet ripped yours a new asshole. My Spartans have wiped the planet with your cloned pals, and the elves and humans are bringing down your little empire here on earth even as we speak. You gave us a run for the money I'll give you that ... but the desire to be free will always win out.

Do you think your little rebellion here will spread beyond the reaches of this vile planet? Xerxes countered. The Immortals that serve me now are stronger and even more powerful than those your father faced. You do not have a chance.

From what I'm hearing they're uglier too. Martin said.

Shall we do this as your father did Martin Leonidas? Xerxes spoke. Blade upon blade, spear upon spear. Or will you use your new found toys?

Martin's eyes detected a Spartan to his right suddenly throw his P190 to the ground in front of him; a show of defiance perhaps or a show of trust. Another followed ... then another ... then along the entire line of Lycavorians, weapons were tossed to the ground. Martin smiled and reached down to remove his K12 from its holster. He tossed it to the side where Andreus and Walter had already thrown their weapons.

Martin spun his Nehtes gracefully in his hands. Ok Xerxes. Let's do this.

Xerxes stared across the field and could barely contain his laughter at the actions of the Lycavorians. He looked at his Immortal Guards Captain.

"You see Captain!" Xerxes spoke. "They are stupid animals! They have tossed aside their weapons. Who would do such a thing except an animal?"

The Immortal looked at Xerxes. "Even an animal has honor Prince Xerxes. Something you have forgotten in your arrogance." The Captain spoke the words evenly. He took a step away from the High Coven Prince he had served for nearly two millennia. {We will face the Lycavorian dogs as our fathers did on this very planet! Throw aside your modern weapons and take up the sword! Let us give these Spartans a battle they will not forget!}He bellowed in his native language.

Xerxes eyes grew wide as if on cue the Immortals tossed aside their equivalent of the Spartan P190. The Spartans were not the only fighting force that had stayed true to their past and each Immortal reached over their shoulders and drew the sword that was strapped to their backs.

"What are you doing fools!" Xerxes screamed his eyes darting back and forth. "I gave you an order Captain!"

The Immortal Captain turned his cruel eyes on Xerxes and smiled revealing his vampire fangs. "I am following my orders Prince Xerxes." He spoke in a voice that froze Xerxes in his spot. "My orders come from your father, the Vampire High Lord! And his orders will be followed."

"His ... his orders? What are you talking about?" Xerxes gasped.

"His orders were very clear Prince Xerxes." The Captain spoke. {Take him!}

Xerxes's head snapped from side to side as two Immortals stepped up to him without question and seized his arms, lifting him several inches off the ground in their powerful grasps. Xerxes was tall and powerfully built, some would say muscular, but his body was mainly for show alone, while the Immortals had been forged in one savage battle after another. He struggled in the grip of the two Immortals his eyes glaring hate at the Captain. "What are you doing?" He screamed.

"Your father's orders were simple Prince Xerxes. You are to lead us into battle against King Leonidas's son, not watch from afar. You will lead your Immortals into battle by whatever means necessary. My men will release you Prince Xerxes ... they will release you when we have engaged the enemy, and not before. Prepare yourself sire."

"For the High Lord Immortals," The Captain bellowed, "Charge!"

That one command sent thirty nine thousand Immortals forward in a mad dash across the plain cratered earth before them directly for the line of silver and gold shields.

Martin stood as still as a rock watching the line of Immortals close on them at a dead run. His father's memories came rushing to him then, clear, pure and unbroken, as if they were his very own memories. The rush of adrenalin surged in the wind from every Lycavorian Spartan on the line and it swept through Martin's head like a wave of power and control unlike anything he had ever felt before in his life. The countless missions he had led his team on, the hundreds of battles they had fought in, this is what Martin Leonidas had denied himself all of those times. This is what he had not known for so many years. These were the emotions that burned so deeply in his blood; the commitment to good, the purpose, the love of those to his left and right.

No retreat. No surrender.

This is what had burned in his father's blood. This is what his father had felt all those thousands of years ago.

Walter stood beside the son of the King he had served without question and felt the power of his aura rising from him like the burning of the sun at mid day. He watched as Martin's yellow/gold eyes grew wider and shone with the brilliance of that same sun; his wolf blood pulsing in power and needed release that Walter had not felt in over three thousand years. He felt that aura sweep over him now, extending outward as Martin touched all those around him, energizing them, enveloping them within that blanket of power. No Lycavorian wolf of Pureblood went untouched by this sweeping, almost touchable power.

Fight with your head, but lead with your heart.

His father's words echoed through Martin Leonidas's body like the tolling of a huge bell sounding the beginning of a new day.

And a new day it was.

SPARTANS!

The command resounded in every Lycavorian Spartan's thoughts along that half mile long line and with one mind thirty-one thousand Shi Viskas came up to the ready.

ATTACK!

The elves and humans who witnessed this action would swear that you could have walked down the line of Shi Viskas that launched across the field that day, so thick and close together that it appeared as if they were guided by one mind.

It was followed four seconds later by thirty-one thousand Spartans wearing black and crimson, and in a single massive wall of wolves in the form of men, they met the line of Vampire Immortals screaming out their rage.

LU LIBERITY

The two fleets circled the planet earth, each wary of the other.

The Lycavorian Home Guard Fleet had given more than they had received, but still fourteen Lycavorian warships were adrift, their surviving crews scrambling to save whatever they could. Another nine had been destroyed outright. The M4 heavy fighters had returned to their ships and reloaded their missiles and now they stood ready for the order to launch once more. Damage crews were working frantically, the First Elf Engineer Corp spread out among the LU warships working miracles at every turn.

Riall stood on the bridge of his Attack Cruiser and like every soul within the fleet they had been watching their monitors all over the ship. A live feed had been patched up to them from one of the AUTUMN MOON Frigates, and what they were witnessing was unlike any of them had ever seen. There were no strangers to combat in this fleet, all of them having seen hundreds of battles, yet they were witnessing a first for all but a very few.

They were witnessing the King they thought lost thousands of years ago standing on the field of battle with over thirty thousand of his people to his right and left. The black and crimson of the Spartans was all they cared about. There was no sound in the transmission, yet when Riall's eyes spotted the first Spartan to toss aside his P190 his body tensed. Then it began all up and down the line they saw, and gasps filled the bridge as wide eyed bridge crew came out of their chairs to watch in stunned shock. Riall sensed it ... he knew what was coming, he knew too much about Leonidas and his tactics from Gorgo, who was once his mate. He had studied everything about the King they had lost on this very planet more than three millennia ago. He thought it would bring him closer to the woman who shared his life now and had so taken his soul.

What it allowed him to see now was what that King's son had in his mind.

"Admiral Ceneu! Get me Ceneu now!" He barked.

It took only seconds and then the holo image of the reptilian Admiral filled the holo disc on the floor.

"Riall..." Ceneu gasped from the bridge of the LEONIDAS I. "Riall ... what is..."

"I am watching as well Ceneu." Riall spoke quickly. "Ceneu we must attack the moment they launch their shields!"

The reddish yellow eyes of his good friend and fellow Admiral turned to look at him. "What? Why?"

"Ceneu my friend ... you can not feel it ... but I can. Every Lycavorian of pureblood can feel it surging through them, the power ... the burning of our blood. It radiates from him Ceneu! It burns within him like the sun of this very system. And it is affecting every wolf in this system my friend." Riall was speaking like a young lieutenant with the excitement in his voice and the expression on his face. Ceneu had never seen him so animated.

On the bridge of the LEONIDAS I Ceneu turned to look at his bridge crew since most of them were pureblood Lycavorians. He didn't see it at first but he looked harder and then it came to him. They moved faster, their wolf eyes in full bloom, their fangs extending out further than he had ever seen. They bounced on the balls of their feet as if wanting ... needing to act out in some way.

Riall nodded as he saw the recognition come over the Algolian Admiral's face. "Now you see my friend." Riall spoke, "The moment they launch their shields Ceneu! We attack with everything we have! And we do not stop until they are gone or we are dead."

Ceneu looked at Riall and nodded, "As you order." He spoke.

"Admiral!" The voice called snapping Riall's head around and he saw the most beautiful sight his eyes had ever lain upon with the exception of his beloved Gorgo. That was the sparkling sight of so many Shi Viskas launching at the same precise moment.

"Now!" Riall barked out, "Full power to the sublights! Enemy suppression barrage! All weapons, full payloads! We're going in and we are not coming out until every Coven ship is in ruin! Now my friends, now we go to victory!"

Fifty-four Lycavorian Union warships surged across the polar orbit of earth at the same time, driving directly for the heart of the Coven fleet. As the sun lit up the stars behind them, the space above the planet earth became filled with missiles, plasma beam arrays and Proton torpedoes as the Lycavorian Home Guard Fleet fired all of their weapons with one single mind and purpose.

EDEN CITY

COMMAND CENTER

No one spoke at what they saw on the monitor, it was too gruesome, yet too inspiring to tear their eyes from the large screen. Lynwe stood next to Selene, their hands laced together, their eyes and the eyes of everyone in the control room frozen to one monitor, one event that was taking place only a few miles away.

The lone alert elf heard the small chirp from his console and he ducked his head down to see an approaching aircraft. His eyes flew open as the ship had already crossed the 50 mile limit and was bearing down on the airfield. Its radar signature kept flicking in and out, but it was there, very low and moving fast.

"Chief Secretary!" He shouted waiting until Selene turned to him. "Chief Secretary we have an inbound aircraft! Unknown IFF! All of our ships are to the northeast or on the ground! This is not one of ours!"

Selene rushed over to the elf operator. "Show me!" She snapped.

The monitor switched to the view of the lone gray dot intermittently coming and going from their scopes, but bearing down very quickly.

"It's already inside the 50 mile limit Chief Secretary, and it's flying so low we can't sustain a lock on it to launch missiles!"

"Contact one of the Spartan ships to shoot it down!"

The elf shook his head. "Even they wouldn't get here before it attacks the airfield."

"Damn! Alert the airfield that an attack is inbound to their location! I want every able body human and elf that can hold a weapon to be ready! I don't care if they have to hobble on one limb, we can not lose the airfield!"

MH-60 NIGHTHAWK

Ben corrected the pitch of the helicopter quickly to keep from smashing into the trees below them once more. It had been a harrowing flight, never more than a hundred feet off the deck at nearly two hundred knots. Ben had been sweating buckets thirty minutes into the flight.

"Major!" Yuriko screamed looking out the side window of her co-pilot's seat.

Ben's head snapped around and he saw the approaching tree, "Oh ... sorry!" He yanked back on the pitch and the wheels of the NIGHTHAWK brushed the tops of the hundred and fifty foot tree.

Yuriko turned to look at Filrian and then back to Ben. "Major ... I thought you said you could fly this infernal machine!" She snapped.

Ben didn't look at her. "What do you think I'm doing?" He snapped back at her. "No back seat flying dammit!"

"You told me you could fly us to..."

"I told you I could fly it!" Ben groused. "I'm flying it aren't I? It's irrelevant that I didn't mention that I've never flown this model before!"

"What!" Yuriko screamed against the rush of wind through the side doors. "You're crazier than Martin said you always were!"

Ben laughed as he fought the pull of the MH60 at this altitude, the rotors having to work much harder to keep the ship in the air, yet he had no intention of setting this bird down anywhere except on his airfield. The images of Endith's red hair and Tina's slim curves were all that filled his thoughts now. He just wanted to hold the two most precious things in his life again. Nothing else mattered to him in the least. Marty's friends had given him a new lease on life and he'd be damned if he was going to waste it. His helmeted head came up and he saw the familiar white lights on the end of the Eden City airfield.

"Hold on this last part could get tricky!" he shouted.

"What do you mean tricky?" Yuriko screamed as she cinched her shoulder straps tighter, seeing Filrian do the same.

"It's probably better if I didn't tell you." Ben spoke yanking back on the control yoke and sending the MH60 into a vertical climb. He slammed the stick over to the right causing the MH60 to stand on its side and Yuriko was suddenly looking directly at the ground two hundred feet beneath her. With a vicious jerk the NIGHTHAWK righted itself once more and Ben cranked the control stick and collective to the right, spinning the NIGHTHAWK on its nose a hundred and eighty degrees in only two seconds until they were facing the way they had come.

As the roar of the engines became even once more Ben turned and looked at Yuri with a grin. "It's over." He spoke calmly, holding the ship steady as she opened her vampire eyes.

"You fucking maniac!" She screamed.

Ben chuckled and eased the throttles forward while turning the MH60 towards the base. He could see that a huge battle had taken place and his first thoughts were for the two women that he loved.

Ben quickly switched on the radio. "Eden City Center this is Major Benjamin O'Connell, authenticate Victor Victor seven red yellow. Respond please."

The elf technician looked at Selene his grey eyes wide. "The code ... the code matches." He gasped.

Selene looked at him. "I ... I thought Benjamin was shot down early this morning and declared lost."

The elf nodded. "Yes ma'am. The air rescue team we sent in found only his co-pilot's remains and the prints of some very large animals. They assumed he was dragged off into the timber."

Selene stabbed the console. "Unidentified aircraft you have violated our airspace in a hostile manner. You..."

"Selene is that you? Where's Tarifa ... I thought she was in the CIC today." Ben's voice boomed from the speakers.

Selene's eyes narrowed and she looked at Lynwe next to her. "Pilot ... you should know that Major O'Connell and I were taking flight lessons together. He was teaching me to fly one of our..."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.