Time of Eden and Elves - Cover

Time of Eden and Elves

Copyright© 2013 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 27

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 27 - Book One of A Spartan's War by Mike Cropos. A group of genetically engineered soldiers must fight to survive on a future Earth where everything they know is gone.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   Science Fiction   Military   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, sci-fi military story

SPARTA

Theron looked up from the data pad he held, his eyes surveying the full Senate of Sparta from were he sat in the Steward's chair.

"The motion to expand Sparta's northern border is passed by a count of 138 for and 22 against." He spoke. "Sparta's Corp of Engineers will begin construction of the wall extensions at the beginning of next week." He saw the murmurs and nods of approval from the majority of the Senate. Only those whose constituents would lose some of their business traffic during the two year construction had voted against the measure even though they knew it was best for Sparta. Theron set aside the last data pad on his desk, signaling the end to a long day of bill passage and debate. He got to his feet, seeing Dymas and Panos sitting in the gallery, waiting for him and the meeting they had after the day long Senate gatherings. "Very well ... that concludes our administrative business for the day. Does anyone have any new business to bring forward?"

"I have something." Autolycus spoke up from his seat.

Theron nodded. "As Steward of the Throne I recognize the esteemed Senator Autolycus. You have the floor sir."

Heads turned as he walked down to stand in front of the gallery of men and women. He let his eyes play across the ninety-seven men and fifty-three women. "My new business is not entirely business related." He began slowly, before settling his eyes on Theron. "It is more related to the notion of wanting information from the Steward."

Theron looked at him puzzled. "Go on."

"Perhaps the Steward could advise this esteemed gathering as to why Spartan funds are being used to house a foreign Alpha male and his mates in the Royal villa. Perhaps the Steward could explain why Spartan Centurions are being used to guard these people, including the daughter of Xenos, who as we all know is dishonored among Spartans due to the actions of her brother." Autolycus spoke evenly and clearly, seeing the looks of surprise on many faces, and the looks of shock on others. "Why is it that this foreign Alpha is receiving Spartan training with Centurions who only just passed their own Agoges? Why has he received several guided and unguided tours of our government facilities? Why is the Spartan Chief Mage working so closely with him and those females he calls mates? And why is the she-elf he calls a mate being allowed to walk around after brutally attacking my son and two of his companions?" Autolycus's eyes bore directly at Theron. "Perhaps the Steward could explain all this to the members of this Senate."

Theron sat back in his chair slowly staring at Autolycus. "May I ask where you have gotten this information Autolycus?"

Autolycus shrugged, "Here and there." He replied casually. "Where I got my information has no bearing on the questions I just asked. The Guardian of the Line himself has been back in Sparta for a time period unprecedented in our history."

"Dymas is allowed to return home whenever he wishes!" Panos exploded from the gallery. "He need not explain his reasons to you!" Dymas reached up and took his father's arm to urge him to return to his seat.

"Yes he is." Autolycus spoke. "However this time he returned with the body of his brother." He spoke bringing murmurs from the men and women gathered. "Androcles was lost to us nearly fifty years ago, and apparently he has passed to the next life. His death was not made public knowledge Panos. Why is that?"

"I wasn't aware there was a law saying I had to announce the death of my son!" Panos snapped.

"He was a Spartan Centurion." Autolycus replied, "In service to Sparta. Yet he returns home dead. I would think that deserves an explanation."

"The circumstances around my son's death are none of your concern!" Panos roared. "And you dishonor him by inquiring about them!"

"Do I?" Autolycus spoke. "Then there is truth to the rumor that this foreign Alpha is the one who killed him I take it."

Theron got to his feet quickly. "Where did you acquire that information?" He asked the question far too quickly and was not able to catch his words.

Autolycus looked at him. "I assume from your reaction that this rumor is true then." He spoke calmly.

"What does it matter how my brother died?" Dymas asked. "He has passed onto the next life with honor, and that is all that need to be made public."

Autolycus looked at Dymas. "The death of any Centurion is cause enough for questions." He spoke. "This foreign born Alpha arriving with the body of your brother and his entourage elicits more questions. The way he and his arrogant mates have been treated allows for even more. Why is it the flame haired one is allowed to work in our main hospital, and even to direct our senior staff? Why is it that the she-elf, the same one who perpetrated an unwarranted attack against my son and his companions, is allowed unlimited access to our educational institutions and records? And why is it that the dishonored daughter of a former member of this Senate, a daughter who has been denounced publicly by her father, why is she living as if she has not a care in the world?"

"I turned him many years ago." Dymas/Walter spoke quickly. "He has been raised on the North American continent, as well as the two females you speak of; Anja and Dysea."

"Is he responsible for the death of Androcles?" Autolycus asked.

"Yes." Theron replied.

"Then why is he not in chains awaiting trial and execution." Autolycus demanded.

"The circumstances of Androcles's death are well recorded by Dymas and others." Theron answered. "Martin acted in self defense of his own person and innocents. Anything more is not your concern."

"I beg to differ." Autolycus spoke. "This Alpha is responsible for the death of a Spartan Centurion. That alone demands an investigation. That he is brought back to Sparta and treated as if he is royalty leads many to believe we are not being told everything. The reasons Dymas turned him to begin with."

Theron looked at Autolycus. "You seem to have a problem with our actions so far Autolycus. Why is that?"

"I merely wish to understand why a foreign Alpha responsible for the death of a Spartan Centurion is allowed to walk freely within our city, without even an investigation. Why he is allowed to take training with our soldiers, and why the she-elf he calls mate has not been brought up on charges regarding her attack on my son and his companions." He answered. "These are all legitimate questions Theron."

"Dysea defended herself and her companions!" Dymas exclaimed, "From an unwarranted assault by your son's companions at his direction. And there are many witnesses to this event."

"That is not how my son or his companions describe it." Autolycus spoke. "Midlan tells me he was only trying to make conversation with Aricia, and that in turn she was being verbally disrespectful to him."

"Since when has turning away the advances of an Alpha male become a crime in this city? And being your son does not afford Midlan the luxury of demanding respect where none is given in return." Panos spoke.

"He is a Pureblood." Autolycus spoke. "Surely that fact affords him the respect due him from others."

"Being Pureblood does not automatically grant respect Autolycus, as much as you would like to think so. It has never been that way, though many of our younger Alphas seem to think that, including your son it seems. Even dishonored as she may be, she is still a Spartan female and it is only she who will decide who it is she takes as a mate. It appears she already made that decision." Dymas answered.

"There is no may be to it." Autolycus spoke. "She is dishonored, as is her entire family. Their status is only just above that of servants and house people."

"You seem to forget Autolycus; this is not the Sparta of old." Dymas spoke. "We no longer look down upon the men and women who tend our homes and gardens. Our laws were changed many hundreds of years before you ever came to this Senate, the laws that made those men and women full citizens of Sparta. And it has made us stronger because of it."

"That is debatable." Autolycus replied casually. "And it is not something I would have supported."

Dymas smiled. "And that is why you will never be Chief of this Senate."

"Mind your place Dymas!" Autolycus spoke. "You are not a member of this Senate."

"But he is the Guardian of the Line!" A female Senator spoke up loudly. "And therefore he can speak to you however he wishes! Or have you forgotten the status the Guardian wields with this Senate Autolycus?"

Autolycus turned and looked at the women, his eyes burning in anger. "Forgive me. I would like to return to what we were discussing earlier."

"There is nothing you can do about Aricia. Her decision has already been made." Dymas spoke.

"Yes ... a decision she made while in North America." Autolycus spoke, "Where no other Alpha could vie for her attentions, or barter with her father for her betrothal. That is very convenient don't you think?"

"Aricia is past the age of consent and does not need her father's approval to take a mate." Theron spoke.

"And if I told you I have documentation from her father promising her hand to my son the year before she came of age?" Autolycus spoke.

"It is well known that your son has sniffed after Aricia for many years. She has rebuffed all his attentions, with no rebuttal by her father that this Senate is aware of. If you have this documentation then I suggest you produce it, or your words mean nothing." Dilios spoke now rising from his seat in the first row.

"Do you now accuse me of lying?" Autolycus asked calmly.

"I accuse you of nothing!" Dilios spat. "You bring business in front of this Senate that has no place here. The matters of family do not extend to within these walls."

"The matters of contract do." Autolycus spoke.

"If such a contract between you and Xenos exists then produce it." Dilios demanded now. "If there is such a document then the Senate Advisory Committee will review it and decide if it is legitimate or not. And they will decide what actions to take, if any."

Autolycus nodded. "Very well, I will have the document delivered to the Advisory Committee first thing in the morning." He spoke. "That still does not address my other concerns in regard to this rogue Alpha. I formally request that an official investigation be initiated into the circumstances surrounding the death of Centurion Androcles. Additionally I would like a formal investigation into the assault by this she-elf on my son and his companions, to include interviews with all present and telepathic supervision by someone of my staff."

"That is outrageous!" Dilios spouted. "For what purpose is telepathic supervision required?"

"As I stated earlier, this rogue Alpha and his mates have been studying with Chief Mage Thr'won, who as we all know is notorious for her stern decisions on who studies beneath her." Autolycus spoke. "Furthermore ... I also request that she not be involved in any part of the investigation."

"She is the Chief Mage of Sparta?" Theron spoke in shock.

"Yes she is, an appointment I did not approve of I might add." He answered.

"Do you now call into question the honor and integrity of the Chief Mage of Sparta?" Dilios asked stunned.

"It is customary for those involved in this type of investigation to be excluded from duties and other commitments until the investigation is complete." Autolycus spoke. "I merely want to follow custom and procedure."

Dilios looked at Theron his eyes wide. "Theron ... do something!"

"Autolycus is within his rights." Theron spoke. "As Steward of the Throne I have to allow these investigations to go forward."

"Of course you do." Autolycus said with a smile. He moved closer to Theron. "I want them expelled from the villa until the investigation is completed. Aricia is to be ordered to return to her parent's home. The she-elf and the rogue Alpha I want detained to prevent any attempt they might make to flee Sparta and possible justice."

Theron looked at him and shook his head. "That I will not allow." He spoke evenly.

"You can not..."

"Until such time as an investigation is completed and their findings brought before this Senate, nothing will change!" Theron spoke firmly. "We in Sparta do not convict before the evidence is fully in! That has always been the law!"

"I suggest we begin to review our laws." Autolycus spoke, "To include the One Line Ascension law."

Theron looked at him. "Is that was this is all about?" He asked.

"Not at all," Autolycus responded. "However you have presided over this Senate as Steward for nearly three millennia. We have waited for a descendant of Leonidas to appear for almost all that time, and it has not happened. Perhaps it is time to review the One Ascension Law and reinstall the second Spartan Line of Kingship."

"You speak of changing a law that was put in place with good reason!" Panos spoke loudly. "The Eurypontid line was responsible for great treachery in our history!"

"And also great bravery!" Autolycus spoke heatedly.

"The treachery of the Eurypontid line is well documented Autolycus." Theron spoke. "And that is why the One Ascension Law was instituted."

"We wait for a descendant that will never come!" Autolycus snapped. "And I for one am tired of waiting. I will draw up the necessary paperwork to have the One Ascension Law brought before this Senate to debate."

Theron nodded. "That is your right."

"And I want this rogue Alpha and the she-elf confined!"

Theron shook his head. "I forbid it." He spoke.

"You do not have that authority." Autolycus spoke.

Theron looked at him. "I have the authority to call a vote on that action." He spoke firmly. "A vote you will not win. Do you wish to test that?"

Autolycus remained silent as he glared at Theron. "So be it." He spoke finally. "I look forward to the results of the investigations, and I am confident they will prove me correct."

"We shall see." Theron spoke. "We shall see."

"Why are you allowing these investigations to proceed?" Dymas asked Theron after the Senate hall had emptied and they had moved to his office.

"I have no choice." Theron spoke. "Autolycus is a senior member of the Senate and I can not just dismiss him."

"No ... but you don't have to allow these investigations to take place." Dymas told him. "They will ultimately expose who Martin is, and then his life will be in danger."

"And if I don't let them proceed, the suspicion Autolycus has planted among the others that we are indeed hiding something will grow. Theron said.

"Martin is not going to be happy about this." Panos spoke.

"He will endure." Theron said.

"And if Autolycus produces such a document in regards to Aricia?" Panos said. "What then? She is Martin's mate ... and he will never allow it. And I would be suspicious of any such document presented now."

Theron rose from his desk. "As I'm sure many on the Advisory Committee will agree. However if Autolycus has such a document, then Martin will abide by the law!" He told them heatedly. "Whatever relationship he has with her will be dissolved and she will become Midlan's mate. And it would behoove him to honor that custom in accordance with our laws. He will be King and he is not above the law."

"You do not know Martin very well Theron if you think he will allow that to happen." Dymas said. "I have known him far longer than you my friend, and he will leave Sparta without a moment's hesitation. And all those with him will go as well."

"Nonsense!" Theron spoke. "He is the King. And how would he leave, I would not allow him to have a transport."

Dymas shook his head. "You underestimate him Theron. Just as so many others have throughout the years. Do you honestly believe you can keep him here if he does not want to be here?"

"He will have no choice!" Theron snapped. "There are thousands of unmated females within Sparta, just as beautiful as Aricia! As King he will have his pick of mates! I will not see him bring down the Agiad line over something as petty as a squabble over a female!"

"We're not talking about any female!" Dymas barked. "This is the female he has chosen as his mate!"

"Then he will have to find another!" Theron yelled. Dymas looked at him his eyes wide in shock and surprise.

"Let him take the test now." Dilios suggested.

Theron shook his head as Dymas settled back into his chair. "He is not ready." Theron spoke.

"That he is the descendant of Leonidas is irrefutable!" Panos spoke. "The strength of his aura alone says that. His telepathic powers do nothing but reinforce that fact. He is strong enough to take the test!"

"If he takes the test while these investigations are going on, Autolycus will only move to discredit them, or have him killed." Theron spoke. "We're trying to prevent that until he is ready."

"With the influence Autolycus has among the other Senators, how do we know the investigations will be unbiased?" Dilios asked. "He is not above bribery and other acts to get what he wants. And he made very clear what he wants today. He wants to abolish the One Line Ascension Law and be installed as King."

"I will insure the investigations are conducted properly." Theron told them. "They will only reveal the truth, and by the time they are finished, they will only help our cause."

"Are you so sure?" Panos asked.

Theron nodded and returned to his chair. "Yes. I have not been Steward of the Throne for this long only to see Martin throw it away over petty differences with Midlan and Autolycus. I need time to think and plan. It has been a long day and I want to have a clear head, so please everyone just relax and we will get through this. I will meet with all of you in the morning after the documents have been presented." They watched him stand up and move to the door of his office. "Have faith my friends. Things will fall into place accordingly." He spoke just before walking into the corridor and leaving them alone.

Dymas looked at his father and Dilios. "He is wrong." He said softly.

Dilios leaned forward. "Dymas ... will he leave Sparta?"

"Dilios ... he has built a city in North America." Dymas said slowly, measuring his words carefully. "The elves consider him their High King. He may be the descendant of Leonidas ... but unlike Leonidas he will follow his heart first and he will not care for the consequences. You have not seen the unit he now commands Dilios. This Spartan Phalanx that everyone dismisses out of hand. He has forged them into a single cohesive mind. The Spartans who barely passed their own Agoges have now become the foundation for what he will build if he is allowed. Added to them are Andreus and the others of his Royal Guard and the men and women who came to Sparta with him. Who do you think they will follow? They know who he is Dilios, eighty-six men and women who would willingly throw themselves into a burning building for him." Dymas got to his feet and moved to the window. "If Autolycus or Midlan attempt to take Aricia from him they will die, without question, without thought. And if they kidnap her away from him ... or attempt to arrest Dysea..." He turned to look at them, shaking his head. "Of all of them I believe it is Dysea who he treasures most of all, for it was she who he turned first, and she has been at his side longer. He loves them all equally, but she is the true power behind him. If they attempt to arrest her or harm her, harm any of them, in any way, Sparta will see retribution on a scale not seen in the annals of our history. And I will be beside him, as will well over five million elves and humans in North America."

"As will I," Panos said quickly. "And hundreds more that he and the Queens have touched since they have been here in Sparta."

Dilios looked at them for a long moment. "He must go to Thermopylae." He said finally. "He must be baptized at the shrine of Leonidas and then he must return here and take the test. It is the only way to stop this madness before it goes any further."

"Theron has said he is not ready." Panos spoke.

"What choice do we have? Dymas ... will he do what you say?" Dilios asked.

Dymas nodded slowly. "I watched him march across the African continent to kill the man who betrayed him and his team. And then he led them out of there carrying their wounded. Oh yes ... were any harm to come to any of his Queens, Sparta would burn, make no mistake about that."

"Then it must be done." Dilios said. "I have no doubts that he is the Descended. None! They were washed away the moment I felt his aura in the landing bay. Autolycus is doing this in an effort to revoke the One Ascension Law. You both heard some of his passions this very day. He would reverse decisions that are hundreds of year's old, decisions that have made Sparta what she is today. He cares only to be King, and regardless of what Theron says, the best way to combat him is to confront him head on. Martin must go to Thermopylae."

"Then I will tell him." Dymas spoke, nodding his head. "I will go to him tonight and speak with him."

"What of Theron?" Panos asked. "Do we tell him?"

"No!" Dilios said quickly. "He would forbid it. And..."

"And what Dilios," Dymas demanded seeing the look on Dilios's face. "What are you not telling us?"

"He has not been the same since Martin returned to Sparta. He has been reclusive and there have been many times when I have tried to reach him and his House Boy does not know where he is." Dilios told them. "I fear ... I fear he does not want to lose the power he has wielded all these years. And he knows if Martin takes the test, he will become King and Theron ... he does not want that."

Dymas's eyes were wide in disbelief. "Do you ... do you have any proof of this Dilios?"

Dilios shook his head. "Only what my instincts tell me." He said.

"Events are beginning to cascade on us." Dymas spoke. "Dilios is right, Martin must go to Thermopylae. I will speak with him tonight. Dilios you must inform Thr'won of our plans, and tell her to guard her actions carefully for I have no doubt Autolycus will have her watched for anything he can use against her." He turned to his father. "Father you..."

"I will do what must be done son." Panos answered cutting him off. "And so will you. You know what you need to do Dymas. Martin needs to go and see the Oracle before he goes to Thermopylae."

"Father you..."

"I speak the truth Dymas ... and regardless of what you may think of the Oracle, she has never been wrong. And she has always been a friend to us, even if the Ephors weren't." Panos spoke. "Autolycus must not be allowed to take the throne."

Dymas looked at his father for a long time before slowing nodding his head. "Very well, I will tell him. But I can not guarantee he will listen."

Panos smiled. "The descendants of Leonidas not listen to you? I find that impossible to even believe."

The three men chuckled together, relieving some of the tension that had built. Dymas finally nodded. "We have our tasks, and now we must conduct them. We will meet back at my father's house tomorrow evening."

Vengal looked at the towering mountains in the distance and could not help but be in awe. He stood on the patio of the villa nestled above the city of Sparta, the glass of Spartan wine in his hands. The morning had been just as he imagined it. He and his wife had not been able to sleep the last three hours of the flight, and were content to simply gaze at the land below them as it passed by. When he had stepped foot off the SPAT and seen his daughter and the way her face had lit up, everything else had fallen by the wayside.

Anuk looked very different. Her hair had grown longer, and her skin was somewhat darker than before, though her pale skin would never fully be tanned. She looked as if she had lost all of the baby fat he had grown accustom too on his daughter, and now she was lean and muscular, and as far as he was concerned far more beautiful. Holding her in his arms and feeling the firmness of her body and the beating of her heart had nearly brought him to tears. She was shaking with joy at seeing him and her mother, and could barely talk. She had looked so tiny standing next to Daniel Simpson, but the love that they held for one another was obvious. They were almost never apart, always touching each other in some fashion. This was customary in Spartan culture he discovered, between an Alpha male and the mate he claimed under the moon as Daniel had his daughter.

Meeting Daniel's family and the warmth and love with which he and his wife were accepted moved him right down to his core. Daniel's father was just as massive as his son, and Vengal learned quickly that he had a soft spot for Anuk, as he could not stop praising what she had accomplished since being in Sparta. They had come to the villa where Martin and his Queens were living, and after at least two hours of small talk and laughter, Vengal finally had the time to pull away and absorb it all. His wife and Anuk were inside still sitting with Anja, Dysea and Aricia, as well as Daniel's mother and one of his sisters. They could not be pried apart it seemed, and he was able to take his wine and come out here to the patio to gaze at the mountains and the wondrous picture of Sparta below the villa.

"Impressive isn't it?" Martin's voice spoke from the side, causing him to turn.

Vengal nodded and noticed that his King carried a similar glass of wine. "It is my King." He spoke.

"Vengal ... to those I consider my friends and family, I am just Martin." He spoke with a smile. "Danny is and always has been my brother, if not by blood, then by combat. We've never considered ourselves otherwise. That makes Anuk, your wife and yourself members of my family as well. Please ... my name is Martin."

Vengal smiled and nodded. "You honor me ... Martin." He spoke.

Martin shook his head. "It is you who honor me." He told him. "We've laid out your plan in the foyer; let's take a look at it."

Vengal nodded and followed him around the side of the villa to another section of patio that had a cover draped over it alive with vines that had grapes bursting from the stems. The table had been set up directly under the center of this wood and concrete cover and Vengal noticed Daniel, his father and the young Spartan called Andreus standing around it.

Melancton looked up as they approached. "My son tells me you designed this operation Vengal." He spoke.

Vengal nodded. "I've spent a week putting it together. It wasn't easy I assure you."

"No doubt, but it is a masterful plan." Melancton spoke with no small amount of respect. "And one I would very much like to be a part of, with your permission sire." He added looking to Martin.

"Me and Tari too Skipper." Danny spoke.

Martin looked at them. "May I ask why?"

"I have spoken with Kim So and Lander sire. Specifically about this half Drow half vampire elf that accompanied you here. Tari I believe his name is." Melancton spoke.

Martin nodded. "Yes."

"Kim So tells me he has never seen a man more devoted to the one he loves than this Tari is to Kim So's daughter. And Lander tells me he is one of the most skilled operators he has ever seen." Melancton spoke. "Daniel and Anuk have spoken of this Drow Queen Aihola often, and this is his sister?"

Martin nodded. "Yes. All of the Drow elves in Eden were subject to the Alliance and their experiments, some of them quite hideous in nature."

Melancton nodded. "This Tari has a tail sire." He spoke. "And from what Lander tells me, he uses it as a third arm. That is quite amazing to me."

Martin smiled. "That's not quite common knowledge Melancton." He spoke. "Let's keep that between us ok?"

"It would be a great honor to fight beside this Tari and his sister." Melancton spoke. "The Guardian of the Line made them to be most like Spartans did he not?"

"That's what he has told me." Martin said.

"Daniel has fought beside him before, and that accounts for his desire to go on this mission." Melancton said. "Myself ... I wish to see these Drow in action, and perhaps learn from them, and pass on what I can. Two others besides me have expressed an extreme interest in accompanying Vengal back to North America and assisting him, under his command of course."

Martin looked at the holo chart for a long moment, taking in the labels of forces and locations, as well as logistics and terrain. Vengal had added it all to the plot board. He looked at Vengal. "General?"

"The Spartan Dienekes has assigned ten of the men and women he has been training to be our advanced scouts Martin." Vengal replied. "To have three additional Spartans on this mission would, I believe, increase our chances of success greatly. It would also allow Dekton to maintain his primary mission of protecting Aihola. The insertion calls for us to move fast for three straight days. Having Daniel and the other Spartans is not an asset I would refuse."

Martin nodded, "Approved." He said without preamble. "Dan ... make sure you load up enough body armor to outfit the entire team Vengal has assigned. I assume Anuk will go with you?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.