Time of Eden and Elves - Cover

Time of Eden and Elves

Copyright© 2013 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 20

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 20 - Book One of A Spartan's War by Mike Cropos. A group of genetically engineered soldiers must fight to survive on a future Earth where everything they know is gone.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fiction   Science Fiction   Military   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story, sci-fi military story

NORTHERN COLORADO

MEDICINE BOW MOUNTAINS

The Wood Elf Ranger squatted next to Martin on the little used narrow path above the main promenade that swept through the entire city and extended up into the portion of the city that rose above ground and spread out into the surrounding valley.

"There should only be one more." The elf spoke softly. "They all came here after they received the transmission. The eight you described were already inside. There are four of the twelve Elders inside as well. Three remain with the witch who calls herself Queen. The other five have been helping us since the Alliance showed up in such numbers, and they are hidden now, waiting until we have regained control."

Martin looked at him. "Why is that?" He asked.

"One thing Queen Dysea and General Vengal taught us Martin Hunter is to be prepared." The elf answered. "We will keep them hidden and safe until we succeed. They did not like it ... but it is how it must be. If the Queen is ... if Dysea falls ... we will still have leaders who will follow her values."

Martin nodded in approval at the strategic move. "I knew there was a reason I loved her." He spoke with a small smile. "She's drop dead gorgeous and she's far smarter than I am. Come to think of it ... all three of them are." Martin saw the look on the elf's face and waved his hand. "It's a long story." He spoke. "What is your name by the way?"

"Kamuil ... My King." He answered softly.

Martin's head snapped around to look at him. "Excuse me?"

"Did you think she would not tell us who you were?" Kamuil spoke. "You are the Elf High King. The one we have waited for centuries to rediscover; the High King that would unite all elves. And you have taken Dysea and Anja as two of your three Queens." Kamuil looked at Martin carefully. "Why do you think that your orders were followed without question ... without complaint. Why do you think we follow a human female without regard? Why do you think our soldiers now stand ready across this city to stand with you?"

"I was kind of hoping because they liked me." Martin said.

Kamuil allowed the smile to spread across his face. "That is without question My Lord." He answered.

"And Dysea told you all this uhu?" Martin spoke.

Kamuil nodded. "Word began spreading within an hour of your arrival here." He answered with a nod. "By now it has reached even the outer most parts of the city. I ... I have to say my Lord ... three Queens? That is most impressive."

Martin met his eyes for a long moment. "You're kidding right?"

Kamuil grinned. "Do you know how many men have shared Dysea's bed in the last hundred years My King? And I know this because I was a member of her Royal Guard until we thought her lost months ago."

"Well ... it's not exactly something I think about on a daily basis, so no." He replied with a grin.

Kamuil chuckled. "Two." He answered, "The first lasted an hour my King, and it was due only to the pressure from her mother, and until you stole her heart ... not in the last eighty-two years. To have stolen our Queen's heart ... as far as many Wood Elves are concerned ... that is all we need to know. Dysea led us with wisdom, honor and conviction her entire time as Queen. Our people loved her ... worshiped her." Kamuil's words were spoken with a great deal of steel in them, and an undisguised loyalty. "There were many among us who thought she would never take a mate, as driven as she was to lead our people well; that you were able to steal her heart and soul with such ease; that only serves to reinforce our loyalty to you as well. And now that she has told us you are the Elf High King ... that our Queen ... that she is your mate and now the High Queen of all elves; that ... that is truly incredible."

"Well ... you have no idea how much she means to me." Martin answered. "And don't call me King."

Ealin laughed softly. "He does not like that name for some reason." Ealin told his fellow elf.

"That is not something I will do." Kamuil spoke. "Your love for our Queens is obvious in the way you look at them my King." The elf replied. "We can all see it. And that is why we follow you; and them."

"This King stuff is getting really old. Can't anyone just call me by my name?" Martin said, looking at Kamuil. He saw that the elf's jaw was set and nothing he said would change his mind. "Let's just make sure no one dies today."

"Lyca Ohtar." Ealin spoke softly motioning to the doorway they were watching.

Martin allowed his eyes to adjust and he used his wolf vision to zoom in on the doorway. He could just barely make out chairs and the legs of at least nine individuals, and he switched his vision quickly to wolf grayscale, the colors of the surrounding world fading out until everything he was seeing was in different shades of gray. Power sources showed up as moving light gray movement, and he saw the telltale white veins and blood as Tari had said they would.

"They have never gathered like this before." Kamuil spoke softly from his other side.

Martin nodded. "Something big must be brewing." He spoke. "And I'm betting they know we snatched Tareif's sons back. I'm detecting at least three vampires in the room, and I that's only because I can't see the rest of the room from here." He looked at the elf. "Where's your imposter Queen?"

Kamuil hissed quietly. "That creature was never my Queen!"

Martin grinned. "Ok ... then where is that creature?"

"She remains in the throne room with the three remaining elders who have betrayed us." Kamuil answered. "They are working with the Alliance as well."

"How many Alliance troops are within the city itself?" Ealin asked.

"Only the ones that have been training us in their weapons," He answered immediately. "I put their number around two hundred and fifty. We were never able to determine exactly how many there were because they kept coming and going with no restrictions."

"So we figure at least that many?" Martin spoke, nodding his head. "Ok ... how did the training cycles work?"

"They would supply a group weapons, train us in their use and then that group would return to their own city with a shipment of weapons and equipment." Kamuil replied.

"They just let them return to the other cities?" Martin asked surprised.

"They usually only sent two or three liaisons with each returning city group." Kamuil told him. "They have already been dealt with." Which meant they were already dead Martin thought. "The cities closest to Eden have already begun moving their entire populations, per yours and Dysea's orders. Most of them are only a few thousand strong, and the personnel you sent to them are assisting. Queen ... Queen Anja directed us to give the proper inoculations before leaving, and as our people depart they are receiving the shots. The larger cities will await the transports to move their people."

"They did all that?" Martin asked equally surprised.

"They are your Queens. They know you have been working on the military issues, and they took it upon themselves to insure other concerns were addressed."

"And your people know why this is being done?" Martin asked.

The Ranger nodded. "Our cities are closer to Alliance territory, and therefore more vulnerable to retaliation. Our people understand they will be safer within the boundaries of Eden my King." He explained. "We have had to move in the past ... so it is not something we are not used too."

"With any luck this will be the last time they'll need to move ever again." Martin spoke.

"There!" Kamuil spoke, his own keen eyesight catching the movement of the Alliance soldier. "He is the overall Commander of the troops conducting the training. A human called Colonel Wilson."

Martin noted right away the man was a vampire with his vision and he looked at Ealin nodding slowly. "That's all of them?" He asked.

"He is always the last to arrive." Kamuil replied.

Ealin looked back along the trail at their small force. He turned back to Martin. "Lyca Ohtar, why didn't we bring Cody or the Master Chief with us? We could have used their ... talents."

Martin returned his gaze. "I have them doing something else." He answered calmly. "I don't like the fact that the Alliance has been so willing to supply the Wood elves with weapons and training in order to start a war with Tarifa's people. It doesn't make sense to me."

"A war between our peoples would weaken us, making it easier to conquer both of us." Kamuil spoke in response to Martin's comment.

Martin nodded slowly. "That is true ... but I have a feeling ... nothing solid really ... that all this is not their main operation. Not their main purpose."

"And the others, you have sent them to where you think the main operation is?" Ealin asked.

Martin nodded. "I hope so." Martin looked up toward the ceiling. Dysea? Anja? What is your status?

We are in position Nauta Melme. Dysea answered immediately. It appears ... it seems all of the Alliance officers have departed. All that remain are soldiers, and none of them are vampires.

That's because all the officers came to my sector for a meeting. I got close to thirty of them in one room. He replied. My guess is they know we got Tareif's sons back and are trying to figure out what to do.

Martin ... all of them are vampires! Anja's worried thoughts echoed.

They didn't see the cruel smile that crossed Martin's face, Yep ... more than likely. It makes your job easier now. Melda Min ... why didn't you or Anja tell me about the orders you issued.

You were concerned with the military aspect of retaking my city Nauta Melme. Anja and I determined we could handle the rest.

Martin my love ... Anja spoke. Dysea was Queen of these elves. And I am a qualified surgeon and doctor. We are more than capable of handling the small issues.

I know that.

Then trust in us, as we trust in you.

Martin smiled at the tone of her voice. Anja ... you're taking lessons from Dysea. Your speech is different; you're starting to sound more like her.

The length of Melyanna's delightful tongue gives her incredible linguistic skills Nauta Melme. Dysea spoke with sensuous warmth in her voice.

Martin heard Anja chuckle softly and he could almost see her nuzzling Dysea's ear when he felt Dysea's sigh of desire within their connection. I think you like my tongue because of its other talents. Anja's voice was soft like a whisper.

Well ... it does have the ability to...

Ok you two enough. Martin scolded them with an inner smile. I'm about to start a war here ... and I don't need to walk around with that picture in my head.

It will keep you going Nauta Melme.

Grouch! Anja spoke.

My love ... would it have made a difference? Dysea asked him with that voice she used when she desired him, and the blood was pounding in her veins. It was soft and seductive and so very hard to resist.

Well ... no ... I know where my capabilities are better directed.

And that is one of the reasons we love you so. Dysea told him.

Do you two share everything?

Of course! Anja exclaimed. Dysea shares everything with me and I with her. We're women ... we have this connection. She answered with a hint of amusement in her voice.

And where exactly do I fit into this connection?

You fit quite nicely inside us Nauta Melme. Dysea spoke, her voice dripping with passion even in his mind.

Mmmmm ... that's an undeniably delicious fact, Anja spoke sweetly, her voice carrying the same passion. And I'm sure Aricia will agree.

You know ... He began to say.

Yes Nauta Melme, you wish to say something?

What's that Martin?

Martin shook his head. Never mind. You two be careful. I've grown rather fond of both your tails, and I'll be very upset if either of you get them shot off. Not to mention that Aricia would be quite angry, probably with me. Martin heard the almost musical laughter in his head from both of them.

Martin ... we love you. Anja told him, her soft words washing over him like a blanket, wrapping him in their embrace. He felt Dysea joining in that embrace and he smiled, feeling the love they were passing to him. He was unable to see their faces as he returned that warmth and love to them, but he could almost feel their smiles. Just before they broke the connection they passed it to one other who was not with them just yet.

Martin looked at Kamuil and Ealin. "Gentlemen ... I think it's time we started this dance don't you."

The savage grins of all the elves in their group were all the answer Martin needed.

SPARTAN TRANSPORT

[Background music playing "Blow me Away" HALO 2 ST]

Theron stood at the rear of the transport, looking upon the Spartan Centurions as they readied themselves to enter battle. Most had never seen actual combat before, yet as with King Leonidas himself, his descendant seemed to have a knack for finding trouble. Theron found that information very refreshing.

"Spartans!" He called out, waiting until their heads had all turned to him. "Spartans ... I will now reveal to you what many of you already suspect. The descendant of King Leonidas has arrived Spartans, the descendant that bears his same aura, his same passion and drive. The wolf we have waited patiently for over almost three millennia has come. I have felt his aura Spartans! And I have not felt one like it since I stood beside King Leonidas himself on the field of battle nearly three thousand years ago!" Theron smiled. "He will be our King once more Spartans! All of you must now know ... most of you were selected for this mission because you are Purebloods, original descendants of the 300. Those of you who are not..." He let his eyes drift to the Bear shifters. "Feel proud men ... for this day you will become The Royal Spartan Guard of the new King and his Queens no matter your blood!"

Theron saw their looks of astonishment at this pronouncement, and he also felt the pride swelling within their chests that quickly followed.

"Chief Mage Thr'won is passing to you an image of our King and two of three he has chosen as his queens." He saw Theron close her eyes where she stood next to Aricia, both of them now adorned in the same armor as the Centurions, Aricia with a strange expression on her face, a small smile that washed over her. He watched as Andreus and his men closed their eyes as well, accepting the images she was sending them. "Beautiful beyond measure are they not! Burn them into your souls young Spartans, for they are now your purpose in this life! Never retreat! Never surrender! That is Spartan law! Their orders you will follow without question, without hesitation, for one of the bloodline of Leonidas would not ask of you which he was not prepared to do himself! You will die for them willingly, as they would die for you!"

Theron watched as first Andreus's eyes opened, then the others within his command. He saw fire in their wolf eyes and he felt power surge through them. He smiled once more.

"Hear me Spartans! The descendant of King Leonidas has issued two orders already." Theron spoke. "He has passed these orders telepathically through your commander's young sister Aricia, and on to Chief Mage Thr'won. That feat in itself should leave you with no questions! What Spartan of Pureblood, or any blood, would have the telepathic ability to communicate over so vast a distance as he did when he first touched Aricia? Only one I tell you ... and that is the descendant of Leonidas! His orders were simple and clear, his Queens will be protected at all costs! He has included Aricia in this order as she was the first he touched. At all costs Spartans! If it threatens them in any way ... it dies! Is that clear?"

"Oupote thanatos!" The Spartan war cry shook the inside of the transport, reverberating through the frame of the aircraft and it drowned out even the engines as the pilot brought them in for a landing. (Ancient Greek, meaning Never Death.)

"His second order was also very clear! He fights beside elves, as do you!" Theron spoke, his eyes settling onto Kmyla. "They have proven themselves to you ... and to our King. They are not to be harmed. They are our allies in this fight, and as we all know, they are honorable allies. It appears our ancient enemies have reappeared Spartans, and while the foulness of their stench still echoes in our valley ... the peace uneasy we have there does not extend here. If it is human and it wears an Alliance uniform, you will destroy it with great prejudice! If it is a vampire, I and your King expect it to die within a blink of this becoming known! Do not shift unless absolutely necessary, for unlike the elves within our own ranks, these elves are not yet aware of our existence. We shall keep it that way until otherwise directed by our King."

Theron drew out the collapsible titanium spear on his right leg and extended it in one smooth motion with a flick of his wrist. He slammed the weighted end to the deck of the transport, the report echoing through the transport.

"Spartans prepare for battle, for it will be a glorious day!"

Andreus glanced at his sister, seeing her look of astonishment at Theron's words, and moved up quickly next to him as his troops made their final checks on their equipment.

"Holy One ... my sister ... she is ... she is dishonored." Andreus spoke, his face clearly showing his shock at the order. "Does ... does the King not know this?"

"No he doesn't. And if he did I don't think he would particularly care Andreus. You must know the truth of this ... and I forbid you to speak this to anyone! Your ... your sister has touched both him and our new Queens in a way never before seen." Theron smiled and placed his hand on Andreus's shoulder. "Have faith young Spartan. This King, as with King Leonidas himself, he is different. And his orders will be followed explicitly. Is that clear?"

Andreus nodded, "Always Holy One."

Theron nodded, "Then assign two Spartans to each of his chosen Queens and two to your sister, and make sure they have additional Spartan uniforms that will fit the Queens. Chief Mage Thr'won and your sister will guide them to his Queens. You and I Andreus ... you and I will lead the remaining to our King. He will need to meet his new Captain!" Theron saw Andreus's eyes go wide and his smile grew. "Make it so young Captain. Make it so."

WOOD ELF CAPITAL

" ... know that our facility in Dodge City was recently attacked by unknown forces." The Alliance Colonel spoke as he stood at the front of the room. "All attempts to contact our liaisons that have returned with the elf groups to other cities have failed, so we must assume they have been eliminated as well. Tareif's sons are gone and undoubtedly returning to Mountain City as we speak. Three of our brethren fell with the entire garrison at the facility. They were torn to pieces, and the Matriarch now believes the Descendant has come, and it appears he has turned others."

There were murmurs among the thirty-three gathered vampires. Many of them had been turned only in the last decade, some in the last year like the Wood Elf Elders, the Colonel being the oldest vampire among them with nearly a thousand years of life behind him. They were the new breed of vampire, supposedly stronger and faster than older vampires due to the advanced genetics experiments conducted on them in recent months. They had no aversion to the sun, which gave them a huge advantage, but all of them had been schooled in regards to their history and what they should fear.

All of them feared the Descendant of Leonidas.

"Fear not brothers!" The Colonel spoke. "We will prevail. Even now ... our forces within this city are moving to take control of key positions. The elves are unaware ... as our sister elf has kept their questions in check. We..."

The explosion sounded distance, but it still caused the room to shudder with vibrations, cutting off the Colonel's words. His eyes went wide and he moved to the communications panel, stabbing at it with his hand. The worried expression of the Alliance Lieutenant came into view.

"What is going on?" He demanded.

"Colonel! The elves ... they have launched a major attack against the garrison here! Across the entire city! They are turning on us!" The human nearly yelled.

"Activate the defense perimeter you fool!" The Colonel snapped. "Order all troops to disperse to their positions and prepare to hold..." The man's face showed his shock when the lieutenant's head burst apart like an over ripe melon and his was gone from the picture, "Lieutenant!" The Colonel screamed.

He saw movement filling the camera, dark fatigues and then the long platinum hair came into view followed by Dysea's face. She smiled sweetly. "Hello Colonel." Her voice purred softly. "As you no doubt are now aware ... my people are taking back our city. None of your troops will survive I'm afraid."

"Dysea!" One of the Elf Elders gasped, coming out of his chair as her emerald eyes focused on him.

"Ah ... Minister L'tas." Dysea spoke with a smile, "How nice to see you again. I'm sorry I could not be there to greet you personally ... but I'm quite sure Nauta Melme will insure your death is quite violent. I hope you have enjoyed your time as a vampire Minister," Dysea spoke, her eyes changing and her fangs extending. "For it will end this day."

"I will kill you she wolf!" The Colonel screamed at the monitor as Dysea rose from the chair.

Anja's face appeared next as she squatted in front of the monitor, her own eyes changed and her fangs out. "Pardon us ... we have more of your men to slaughter. It's been nice chatting with you ... but you seem to have a bigger problem now." Her head motioned into the room and the Colonel froze.

They watched Anja's face crease with a snarl and her hand flashed forward, ripping the monitor from the desk it was on.

"Colonel what do we do?" The Elf L'tas asked, his voice almost a squeak.

The Colonel stood to his full height before he turned slowly, his eyes going to the back of the room.

"Colonel what is it?" L'tas spoke seeing his face, and turning to look where his eyes were focused. The elf's eyes grew wide in horror.

"Well this is quaint." The voice from the back of the room caused all of them to jump and whirl around reaching for weapons. "Is this a private blood suckers' party, or can anyone come?" Martin spoke.

The vampires in the room were bringing up their weapons when Martin pulled the trigger along with the seven elves that flanked him. The HK74s unleashed eight flaming cones of death, the Teflon coated hollow points ripping into flesh. The screaming began, joining in chorus with the sound of the weapons fire as thirty-two vampires began to die. The Teflon coated rounds traveled with such velocity that the kinetic energy of the bullets struck with devastating force, pulping organs and shattering bones, while opening huge gaping wounds that even a vampire could not survive.

Martin saw the Colonel smash through the glass of the room and into the outer corridor and he whirled to Ealin and Kamuil. "Finish them!" He screamed before running for the door.

"Their heads!" Ealin called out to his fellow elves. "Aim for their heads!"

And the killing continued.

Martin switched to grayscale wolf vision as he burst into the corridor, sweeping toward the direction the vampire Colonel had run.

Then he followed.

"What is happening?" Matarn's sister Falnynn screamed.

The throne room was being guarded by four Alliance human troops with heavy weapons. They were nervous and filled with fear, knowing that they were not vampires and even one bullet would mean death for them. Their eyes darted back and forth over the corridors they guarded, their fingers resting on the triggers of their machine guns.

"It ... it is Dysea. She has returned." One of the Ministers spoke from the wall panel. "The entire grid is locked down! All I can see are elf troops swarming through the streets!"

"Where is Colonel Wilson?" Falnynn demanded. "He promised me this would not happen!"

There was the loud crack of gunshots, of tearing flesh and gurgling blood and the four Alliance troops guarding the entrances flew back from the doorways, their bodies slashed open as if by scalpels, each with a single hole in their heads. Falnynn came to her feet as the Ministers with her whirled around towards the two entrances. They watched as two females walked slowly from the shadows of the entrances. Their uniforms were damp with sweat and splashes of blood. One had hair the color of Persian red silk, bright jade green eyes glimmering in the dim light. The other they knew well by her shimmering platinum hair. Each of them clutched a smoking K12 in one hand and a very bloody Shukur fighting knife in the other.

"I would imagine your Colonel Wilson is now suffering from the same fate you will suffer in a few moments." Dysea spoke, her words measured and delivered coldly.

Falnynn's eyes narrowed and her vampire fangs extended in rage. "Dysea ... it is so good to see you. I have wanted to taste your blood for some time bitch."

Dysea chuckled as she and Anja split apart further. "I'm sure." Dysea answered her eyes never leaving Falnynn's face.

"I am stronger than you former Queen!" Falnynn snapped, "Stronger, faster, and far more deadly. Colonel Wilson is almost a thousand hundred years old, and your pitiful skills will not compare to his when he arrives."

"Good. I did not want this fight to be short." Dysea spoke as she circled the female vampire.

Falnynn glanced at Anja, who was gazing at the three Ministers intently. "Who is your pet Dysea? She is quite attractive. Does she share your bed?"

Dysea smiled sweetly. "Oh Melyanna shares much more than my bed Falnynn." She spoke tossing aside the K12 and the knife. They watched Anja do the same, a wicked gleam in her jade eyes. "Melyanna and I share a lover as well as each other." Dysea continued with a killing rage filling her eyes. "You see ... our lover ... our mate ... he turned us with his love."

"Turned you?" Falnynn spoke now, her face changing.

"Oh yes." Anja spoke now. "Something we both embraced with relish."

"Who is this vampire?" Falnynn demanded. "And why do you stand against me?"

Dysea laughed, "Vampire?" She chortled. "Please Falnynn ... I would not let one of your kind near me. You are foul creatures ... and you deserve the death I will give you, many times over." Dysea stopped in front of her, ten meters away. "You know who I speak of. You have learned of my mate in your silly vampire school."

"Mate?" Falnynn asked, her eyes growing wide.

"Yes ... I believe you know him as the descendant of the Spartan King Leonidas." Dysea spoke with a smile. "My love Anja and I are his mates."

"You are..." Falnynn's eyes held real horror in them now.

"We are your death!" Dysea screamed as the two white/blue flashes of lightning signified the change.

Falnynn's vampire face was locked in an expression of eternal horror as the large platinum blond wolf descended upon her with a savage snarl and flashing razor sharp teeth. Dysea struck her full in the body, raking her paws down Falnynn's chest, black claws slicing through garments and flesh like butter and then bounding off before she could react.

Dysea had learned more and more over the last few days on how to control her body in wolf form, Martin passing this information along to both of them within the connection they shared. Both of them were amazed at the speed and agility they had, their wolf forms thickening with muscle mass. Dysea's normally hundred and fifteen pound body increased in size and mass to that of a hundred and forty pounds of hair and teeth, while Anja's hundred and five pounds increased to a hundred and thirty pounds. Dysea's long bushy tail snapped out as she landed nimbly, allowing her to keep her balance and not stumble. Her powerful hind legs tensed immediately, like bands of flexible steel, and launched her into the air once more. Falnynn turned just in time to catch Dysea's weight full in the chest once more, only this time Dysea rode her to the ground, her hundred and forty pound wolf body driving the air from Falnynn's lungs.

Dysea did not hesitate as Nauta Melme had taught her and she snapped her powerful jaws shut around Falnynn's head, her razor like teeth slicing through flesh and crunching on bone. Dysea ignored her muffled screams as Falnynn's fists pounded on her muscular hairy sides in utter agony, the pressure of Dysea's jaws crushing her cheekbones and her own jaw causing white hot pain to rip through her body. Her legs were kicking back and forth, more a nervous reaction now, her arms falling and becoming limp at her sides. Dysea continued to bite down until she heard the crack of Falnynn's skull. She spat out the head of the dying vampire elf, snorting in disgust, blood showering her platinum coat. Instantly she turned to see Anja's Persian red fur, her powerful legs spread out as she whipped her head back and forth, the snapping of the vampire elf's neck clearly audible in the room. The second of the vampire elf Ministers lay on the cold floor, his eyes open in death. Dysea grinned in her wolf form, realizing Anja had torn his throat open even as she had leaped at the elf she was now killing. Nauta Melme had complimented both of them on their strength in wolf form, but Anja's physical power seemed to almost double when she shifted, and she was using that strength now.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.