Aftermath - Cover

Aftermath

Copyright© 2013 by Frostfyre

Chapter 6

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 6 - What ever happened to Char and the other survivors of Quay? This story is the sequel to Acceptance.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Hermaphrodite   Science Fiction   Mother   Daughter   Harem   Black Female   Oriental Female   Hispanic Female   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Pregnancy   Science fiction adult story, sci-fi adult story, science-fiction sex story, sci-fi sex story

Now that the speech was over, I could think about other things. One of the things that I realized was the name of my world, Frigia, sounded really close to 'frigid'. It suddenly dawned on me that I knew absolutely nothing about Frigia. I was incredibly mad at myself for that obvious oversight. How could I be so stupid? I remembered Steve, my late master, doing research on Quay and modifying us weeks in advance so we could survive there. He had done research and had been prepared, like a proper master. I had just sat around resting on my laurels and not doing anything. It was definitely time to rectify that! Going into my office, I settled into my chair and readied myself for the worst.

<AI, I need a complete briefing on Frigia and Frigiat, > I commanded subvocally.

<There is no Frigiat on file. The system including the world Frigia is designated Mongo-at, > the AI replied.

"MONGO-AT?" I asked incredulously. "How the fuck am I supposed to say that with a straight face?" I just shook my head in disbelief. There should be some sort of naming restrictions in place to prevent embarrassments like this. I mean, wasn't Flash Gordon copyrighted or something? I did not know whether to laugh or cry. There was definitely some criminal negligence going on concerning naming conventions! Of course, I knew who Flash Gordon was. I had even seen the old movie with the Queen soundtrack, but that did not mean I was a fan by any stretch!

<Is there a way to change the name of the system?> I asked hopefully.

<Negative, > the AI replied.

So much for that, I was stuck living in the Mongo system. I suppose it could have been worse. There was one Confederacy system I had heard of that's name roughly translated to 'Sex!', although I suspected the actual translation was closer to 'Fuck'. It was easy to guess what the discoverer was doing when the AI asked for a name for the new system. I tried to imagine some staid, dignified Confederacy race living in the 'Fuck-at' system, although the thought of living there myself made me laugh out loud.

<Alright, what else can you tell me about Mongo-at?> I asked.

The AI replied, <Mongo-at is a G-type star, using human definitions, slightly smaller than Earthat's star. The system has five planets and an asteroid belt. The innermost planet is a solid rock planet named Gundar. It is very hot and has extreme volcanic activity. It is not habitable. The next planet out is a gas giant named Ming that is slightly smaller than the Earthat planet Jupiter.

<Your planet is the third one out, Frigia. Frigia strongly resembles your homeworld during an ice age. According to our calculations, Frigia's current ice age began just a few centuries ago but has peaked. It will not end for several thousand years, making it safe to colonize for the war. As a hedge against the problems of a premature global warming, it is recommended that the colonies be built on higher ground. This is merely a safety precaution. Exactly 61% of the planet is covered in ice, 13% has unfrozen seawater slightly more salinized than Earth's oceans, and the remaining 26% is one major continent and several dozen very large islands or proto-continents. The unfrozen equatorial band is temperate like the mid-latitudes of Earth's northern hemisphere. There is not tropical zone due to the current climatic cooling. The atmosphere has slightly elevated levels of CO2 as compared to Earth, while being slightly low on oxygen, but is well within unmodified human tolerances. Quay had a much less hospitable atmosphere even before the impact. Volcanic activity on Frigia is still present, but is minimal. The temperate zone is vegetated and has some native arthropod and avian life forms. None have been determined to be extremely dangerous to humans.

<Frigia has two moons, Arkaylia and Surdon, which share the same orbital plane. Arkaylia is closest to the planet and approximately 40 miles in diameter, while Surdon is further away and is 21 miles in diameter. They are much more visible that Quay's moons, but far smaller than Earth's unusually large moon. They also have a fairly close orbit, making their orbits less than a day in length.>

<Huh, > I said, <that actually does not sound too bad. From the name, I was expecting much worse.>

The AI continued, <The discoverer set up the following time system for the planet. Seconds, minutes and hours are Earth standard, but the day has 27 hours instead of 24. A week is seven days, a month is 4 weeks or 28 days, with three months having 29 days, and the year is 395 days long, 56 weeks long or 14 months. Every New Year, the calendar has an extra two minutes, two point four five seconds added to recalibrate the annual cycle.>

As the AI detailed the length of the day and the number of hours in a day, a funny thought popped in my head. Since Frigia had twenty-seven hour days, it would be a dream come true for Type-A personalities who bemoaned the limited numbers of hours in a day and constantly wished for more. It also occurred to me that Frigia had a much simpler calendar than Earth. The whole 12 months made sense, but the 52 weeks had always bugged me.

It would be confusing to adjust to the twenty-seven hour day, and I would have to remember to have the planetary AI translate our time to Earth Zulu time and days whenever we were interacting with Confederacy ships so there would be no confusion. We adjusted to the different calendar on Quay, and we would adjust here, it would just take a while to adapt. A thought popped into my head and I made a mental note to make sure the AI kept on eye out for people exhibiting mental and physical side effects of their circadian rhythm being disrupted by the longer days. I remembered hearing something about sleep disorders caused by that in my college psych classes.

On a whim, I decided to call the three extra days a year, Flashday, Daleday and Hansday. If I remembered correctly, Dale Arden and Hans Zarkov were the two Earth companions of Flash Gordon. Needless to say, I would double check before I made the names official. The thirteenth and fourteenth months' names would take some pondering. I was still not really thrilled by the system's name, but I decided to play along. Of course, as soon as I thought that, the Queen song was instantly stuck in my head, sigh.

<The outer two planets are a very large rocky planet named Syk, and another rocky world named Coralia, which is completely covered with liquid methane oceans. There is an asteroid belt beyond Coralia, > concluded the AI.

When the AI finished, I immediately started thinking how we could make use of the other planets in the system, ignoring the fact that Frigia did not have so much as a single pod on it yet. I also decided to make a back-up retreat in the deeper part of the ocean just in case of natural disaster or Swarm attack. I also wanted to set up a retreat in one of the moons. It seemed I would have a lot to think about. Hopefully, the AI would be able to help with designs and implementation. I still only had a vague idea what the various types of replicators could produce, since those on Quay had only been the small pod-sized type.

Since I was at loose ends, I had nothing better to do than create grandiose plans for my new colony, most of which were merely flights of fancy. They were still ironing out the final details of my assignment to Frigia and Dux Hansen was making sure that all my demands and conditions were met, as well as adding a few things I had forgotten. He and I reviewed many of my dream designs and he was usually polite enough not to laugh in my face. A few things he liked though, and he had some associates of his polish them and work toward setting up replicator patterns or architectural blueprints. We also started going over what types of extra pods I could try and include on the colony ship that was accompanying us to Frigia. He kept reminding me that each pod used for something besides a habitat was that many less bodies on Frigia.

During that time, the number of people who visited me was surprising. Apparently, my speech had not only touched the attendees, but someone in Central Command had released it for general viewing. Now everyone knew what had happened to us on Quay, and I was happy about that. While I hoped no one would ever die because of some else's bad decision, I knew human nature too well to believe it. At least for now though, every little thing was being viewed with increased importance thanks to Quay.

Despite all the meetings with Dux Hansen, I was extremely restless. I could only create imaginary super-colonies for so long. More and more, my mind kept turning to how nice it would be to see my mother again. I knew my request to let the other survivors from Quay have a shore leave had been turned down. I decided to ask the AI again, having nothing to lose.

<AI, you stated previously that the survivors from Quay could not visit Earth, have you changed your decision?> I asked.

<No, that decision remains unchanged, > the AI said <However, you are misquoting. What was actually said was that none of the unattached survivors of Quay could go down to Earth.>

<Wait. Unattached? Does that mean my concubines and I could go down to Earth?> I asked. I felt guilty about possibly getting to go down to Earth while the others remained trapped on the ship, but was hopeful nevertheless.

<Affirmative, > the AI replied. Apparently, that was its favorite word. <However, my records indicate that no planetary governor as ever returned to Earth after being assigned a planet. Your visit would be unprecedented and could pose a security risk.>

Knowing how much the AI's hated anything 'unprecedented', I got very worried. The AI's were the most reluctant innovators I had ever run across. I was sure the AI would find some excuse to stop my visit. Before it said anything else, I ordered, <Inform the captain that I AM going to go down to Earth for a few days. My enhancements should be more than enough to keep me safe, and you can have a surveillance drone keep an eye on me while I'm on leave.>

<Affirmative, > the AI responded again, and I could not help grinning.

To make things more special, I decided to take each of my concubines down to Earth individually, so they each got a mini-vacation alone with me. I planned on having the AI send us down to a different area each time, based on what interested each of my concubines. Xifeng would be first. As much as I loved all my concubines, she was still first in my heart. I was so proud to have her and I wanted my mother to have a chance to meet her. Needless to say, everyone was absolutely thrilled at my suggestion. The idea of taking a special trip down to Earth, going wherever they dreamed of, alone with me, got them extremely excited. I was spoiling them rotten, but they deserved it after what we all had been through over the past few months. Hell, they deserved it just for putting up with me!

I asked each of my concubines to use the replicator to produce whatever outfit they would like to wear when we went down to Earth. Xifeng went first, and looked absolutely amazing when she came out dressed in a traditional mandarin dress. The red dress was split up almost to her hips and had oriental dragons patterned on it. She wore loose black pants under it and black slipper-like shoes. She had put her hair up and had skillfully applied some makeup. My jaw hit the floor when I saw her, and she responded with a radiant smile, basking in my appreciation of her looks.

I was so proud of her that I could not get to the transporter fast enough. I wanted to get down to Earth and show her off. It was a rather petty desire, but what the hell, she looked amazing.

At the testing center we transported down to, there were several candidates waiting to be tested. One of the males said, "Holy shit! If the women out there all look as amazing as them, sign me up!" That earned him a huge grin from me and a serious shoulder wiggle that set my breasts bouncing.

The guy he was sitting next to was too busy drooling to say much of anything, and the poor girl who was with them looked like she was going to cry. She was totally outclassed by us and was painfully aware of it. Leaning over, I whispered in her ear, "Don't worry hun, once you are out there, you will look like a wet dream as well."

She grinned and blushed, while the two guys with her teased her good-naturedly. Pausing only long enough to get the keys to the sporty rental car the Confederacy had waiting for me, I dragged Xifeng out with barely dignified haste. I remembered that Mom's house was a little over half an hour away from the testing center. We made it in less than twenty minutes. Apparently Xifeng was a very conservative, careful driver. My seemingly reckless driving had her spending an unseemly amount of the drive clutching the 'oh shit' handle above the door with both hands and making tiny, frightened sounds. I think it was pride that kept her from clutching the dashboard and screaming like a cheerleader.

When we arrived at Mom's small, suburban house, Xifeng wasted no time bailing out of the death trap her master had stuck her in. I just grinned at her. Neither she nor Mom needed to know about the street racing I had done in college to prove how macho I was and to help pay the bills. We spent a moment fixing ourselves, then heading up the walk. I was so excited I was almost vibrating.

When we got to the door, I rang the bell instead of knocking once and barging in like I used to. I heard her footsteps approaching the door and a huge smile broke out on my face.

"Char!" Mom cried out in surprise when she opened the door. "Although you look like you've changed back to Charlene in the year since I last saw you."

"Despite my current feminine appearance, I still go by Char," I replied, grinning happily.

The look on her face was as priceless as I had hoped it would be! She gave me a tight hug. "I was informed by the Confederacy that you had been picked up. I never thought I would see you again."

"Sorry to disappoint you," I said with a laugh, "but I couldn't resist coming back for a visit and showing off my new look. It definitely is more attention-getting than the male Char was."

Looking at Xifeng, Mom hesitated, then said, "You do know about Char's, um... ?" She trailed off, not wanting to give away too much if Xifeng was not in the know.

"About Master's dual-nature, of course," Xifeng replied off-handedly.

"Master?" Mom asked in surprise, shooting me a shocked look.

"Yes, I am one of Char's concubines," Xifeng explained serenely, without a trace of self-consciousness.

"You have concubines?" Mom still looked surprised. Then she added, "I certainly hope you treat the poor girls well. It's a big responsibility, you know."

"Oh come on, Mom, stop treating me like I'm fifteen, you do remember I'm almost twenty-one, right?" I asked her sarcastically. Xifeng just stood there looking at me in shock.

"What?" I asked her a little irritably.

"You're only twenty?" she asked is disbelief. "You did all that, saved all of us, acted so mature and responsible, and you're only twenty? God, I guessed you were around my age, over forty, by how well you handled yourself." That comment caused a surprised look from Mom, as Xifeng did not look a day over twenty. "You must be one of the youngest governors in the Confederacy." My attempt to shush her had been unsuccessful and my mother had heard all of her comments.

"What is she talking about, Dear?" she asked in her dangerously quiet voice, the one she only brought out when I had a secret she wanted to hear.

Shooting my favorite concubine a rather annoyed look, I took a deep breath, "Mom, some bad things happened on the colony world we were sent to. I'm fine. The AI who retested me decided I should be a governor and when we got back here, it was decided that I would be governor of a new colony planet called Frigia." I was vastly understating what had really happened, but I really did not want my mother to know what I had gone through. Besides, to her it would sound like I was bragging.

"Mrs. Adams, please do not let Char fool you. She is a true hero and saved over a thousand lives in the face of unbelievable hardship. I, and so many others, owe her our lives. We would do anything for her," Xifeng said with complete sincerity, oblivious to my discomfort.

Mom looked at me in surprise and opened her mouth to demand an explanation.

"Leave it alone mother," I ordered flatly, shocking her at my defiance. Looking at her, I let my sorrow and pain resurface from those dark times. Seeing the look on my face, her eyes welled with tears and she wrapped her arms around me, like she had when I was a child.

"Oh my poor baby, it's ok. Let it out," she murmured, stroking my hair. I think maybe this was the subconscious reason I had decided to visit her, to cry on her shoulder. I held an arm out to Xifeng who quickly pressed herself against me. We both cried for a long time while my mother held us and whispered everything was ok. I really loved my mother.

"Some tough-as-nails survivor I am," I mumbled as I wiped tears off my face and blew my nose.

Mom was still looking a little rattled at our tears, but rallied quickly. Deciding a change of scenery might help lighten the mood, she suggested we go out to eat. Her excuse was that she did not have anything in the house to feed us. She deliberately chose the diner that was one of my favorite places to eat growing up. It was a simple, greasy-spoon restaurant that served good food and great desserts but had a rather worn appearance. Just about every small town has a place like it.

"Sounds good," Xifeng said, "but would you mind driving?" She sounded so plaintive that my mother shot me a hard look. I just whistled innocently and looked everywhere but at her. She finally laughed and agreed, and I pretended not to hear Xifeng's relieved sigh.

Imagine our shock when not five minutes after we got our food, an interdiction field dropped around the diner! Mom immediately gave me the fish eye, but I was just as surprised as she was. "Hey, you chose the place, remember? I had absolutely nothing to do with this," I protested.

"Reeeeally?" It was amazing just how much she could load into one simple word.

"Honest Mom, I had no idea they were even doing pickups. My transport is completely stuffed, so they must be from a different colony ship," I said.

Having heard the speech once, I pretty much ignored the Marine's undoubtedly enlightening speech. Concentrating on my delicious lunch, I figured we could just finish eating while waiting out the pickup. At least that was my plan.

A very large Marine with a serious scowl on his face stomped over to our table. "Did you hear the sergeant's orders? Why aren't you moving? Either join the others trying to get picked up or go wait with everyone who wants to stay here."

Apparently, the AI did not bother informing the Marines of Confederacy citizens inside the interdiction field, only of the potential sponsors. Taking a deep breath to allay the annoyance I was feeling toward the oaf interrupting my lunch, I said, "I'm already a Confederacy citizen and I'm going to stay right here and finish my lunch."

"Oh reeeally?" he drawled in disbelief, although not as well as my mother had. "Let me see your Citizen's card to prove it," he demanded holding out his hand. Seeing the white star on it, he said rudely, "if this is real, why does it have a star on it, and what the hell kind of name is Char anyway?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.