A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series - Cover

A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 65

"No! No! No! No! ... You stupid bird ... come back with that! Damn it all to hell, David, that wasn't supposed to happen!" Andrea shook her fist at the gull. He did circle back ... and shit on the deck ... missed her by inches.

So ... let's do a little time travel of our own.

The Pretty Penny had out run the storm ... not exactly ... the Penny had outlasted the storm. It had become necessary for them to sail to Houston Texas to pick up new cameras. National Geographic had won their suit against the ATF.

Overzealous Agents 'looking for whatever' had taken their search of the King's Knight, sailboat and Naval craft of the Nevis and St. Kitts Federal Commonwealth Navy, to extremes because no one believed that an 87 foot sailboat could be a military craft. The boat had been seized by the Coast Guard off Florida and taken to the Key West Station ... it was there that the ATF had destroyed the interior of the boat ... and didn't find anything except the military armament expected of any Naval vessel ... and 500 thousand antique gold coins ... and a case of Bahamian Rum. The rum wasn't contraband until the Coast Guard docked the boat.

The foolishness caused the N&SK's government to freeze American assets deposited in the nations banking system.

"You have destroyed national assets and your Government will either pay for our loss, and the loss of personal possessions of commissioned personnel or your banked funds will stand in the gap ... so to speak."

From the top of the pile the word went out..."Anything they want ... fix their boat, find them another one ... I don't care ... Nancy wants her money back!"

The IRS had seized a large sailboat and 'donated' it to the cause. Every military hardware supplier had had their executives off shore accounts frozen. The Pretty Penny was now armed to the teeth with the latest technology people could steal, beg or liberate. The Pretty Penny was headed for Houston for new cameras.

"Houston Port, Houston Port, Her Majesty's Nevis and Saint Christopher Naval Vessel, Pretty Penny.

"Go ahead, Pretty Penny." There was laughter in the background.

"Pretty Penny is a two masted sailing warship. She is the flagship of Admiral Andrea Koenigsknecht. We will be entering harbor within 24 hours and the Captain wishes to know if you will return our salute to your nations flag."

"Certainly ... in what manner do you intend?"

"Twenty one gun salute to the flag and a 17 gun salute to any serving United States Navy or Coast Guard Admiral who happens to be present at the beginning of our salute."

"Gun Salute?"

"Yes sir, black powder cannon."

"Wait one."

David turned to Andy, "Here we go again."

Andy laughed ... so did the rest of the crew ... Chief Sanchez just shook his head.

"Pretty Penny, the Port Authority asks for further information."

"Certainly. The Penny is one hundred seventy-five feet length on deck. There is a six foot extension on the fantail to house the Arneson Drive and rudders. We sport six assorted gun mounts and two torpedo tubes. Our main mast is 140 feet tall our mizzen is 70. Our beam is 50. We draw fifteen feet. Our crew comprises one enlisted, thirteen volunteers and a rescued aircraft pilot. Three officers. On our rear deck we are carrying a salvaged MD500M Helicopter. We would love to leave the helicopter here to be repaired.

"Although the Geographic has requested dockage in Houston, we believe we are too tall for the bridges. We need dockage for three or more days, not to exceed a week. Our crew requests liberty. What can you do to help us?"

"You are correct, Pretty Penny. But it's not the bridges of Houston ... it's the power lines ... that preclude you. Galveston Harbor, Galveston Harbor, Houston."

"Houston, Galveston."

"Jim Bob, have you been listening to our dilemma with the Pretty Penny?"

"Yep, Jimmy Joe. Yonchya (Why don't you) give 'em to us. We be havin' room. The salute'll be fun. We got no Admiral tho', ya'll forgive us, Pretty Penny?"

"Galveston, Pretty Penny. 'spect us ta'mar'a, (Expect us tomorrow) Jim Bob."

"Pretty Penny, Is that Felix Sanchez? Chief Sanchez? izat ya'll? (Is that you?)"

"Houston, Felix? Ya'll on the up n' up?"

"Hellyas, Jimmy Joe, bring ya floozie an' come see us, ya hear?"

"Now, Felix ... I made n' honest woman outta Ginny Jean. We gots kids."

"Before or afta, Jimmy Joe?"

"Yup... 'ats Felix awright."

"Purty Penny out."

David and Andy stood aghast. "You KNOW these people, Chief?"

"Know 'em? Hell, Captain ... I was Born here. Mizz Admiral? You better plan on a crowd. You are going to give tours and feed strays until the cows come home. You need kegs of Lone Star. BETH!! Front and center! Beth ... fetch the flag."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.