A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 34

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

I'll never understand it.

A woman can look over the top bow of her glasses and down her nose at the same time. It's the mom look. It says several things and she never even opened her mouth to say it.

"You son-of-a-bitch," is one.

"I'm never going to let you forget," is another. If she deigns to speak, its severity depends on whether or not it is accompanied with 'You son-of-a-bitch, ' at the beginning, the end, or both front AND rear. If it's combined with your complete full name ... your ass is grass.

"That was stupid," is a third. Again ... she can say it with a look or she can vocalize it. Adding 'Fuck head' is fairly normal ... adding 'I'm never going to let you forget, ' makes it right up there with the second coming. The length of the stare adds more unspoken words.

"I'm disappointed, ' is almost the worst ... but not as bad as all of the above while she spews the names of your siblings along with it. If she does that, she is so mad she forgot your name.

This is the worst. The calm, collected, never ruffled woman has only one more thing to say, 'If you don't know what you did I'm not going to tell you.' This one is impossible to say with just a look ... that she opened her mouth makes it doubly bad.

There is no hope ... she may say... 'I forgive you... ' but she's never going to forget.

And there's another thing ... If she says you said something ... you damn well said it ... even if you didn't.

If you did say it ... and there's two ... or more ways what you said can be taken ... she never gets to the good saying.

"Honey, when I look at your face, time stands still."

"Honey, your face would stop a clock."

They both say the same thing ... but all she hears is the second one.

Andrea spent a little too much time with Kauffmann and Cranberry last night. She was asleep ... or passed out ... whatever ... when the boat made its move.

After rounding the thumb, there's not a lot of places you can get off the Lake; Harbor Beach ... but it's too close to the tip of the thumb. If you're going to stop there you might as well have stayed in Sebewaing.

Then there is Port Sanilac ... it's a nice harbor ... but the town in small. Andrea has been there in her car hunting meanderings ... she wasn't impressed.

Lexington is next, but if you've sailed that far why not go the whole way and head for Port Huron ... well ... Sarnia, Ontario.

Sarnia has a much better marina ... and there's all that great Canadian beer.

The main attraction from the tip of the thumb to the St. Clair River are the numerous and magnificent homes on the East Shore. The East Shore of Michigan ... it's also the West Shore of Lake Huron.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.