A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 27

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

It really doesn't matter who you assign which statement to because the questions were asked multiple times by multiple people. Just know that Andie didn't say a word ... her teeth were chattering too hard. She was afraid she'd bite off her tongue if she tried to speak.

The shivers and chatters were the combination of Lake Superior water flooding out of the Soo Locks and coming off the adrenalin after getting shot at.


"Where have you been?"

"We've been looking all over for you."

"You're soaking wet?"

"There's a hole in your sleeve?"

"Is that really a bullet hole?"

"I'll bet you're frozen."

"You're shaking like the last leaf of Autumn in the first storm of Winter."

"You should get out of those wet clothes."

"Oh Hell, that's blood. No, don't look ... we need you standing."

"We should go below."

"Not you, Junior ... you don't need to see this."

So the females took her below and the men, boys and Junior stood on the dock and watched the Lake Boats coming down from the Soo. It was getting on in the shipping season, and there were a lot of Boats waiting to make their last few trips going up before heading for winter layup. Besides, missing out on the Winds of November was a good idea.

Three of the American Locks were under repair so the Canadian side was super busy. They were locking ten up and down 24 hours a day. Up traffic took longer than down. The lock bay takes longer to fill going up. The lock is already full from the up traffic.

"David?"

Both Davids hollered, "What?"

The girls in the cabin laughed.

Wendolyn mentioned that she probably shouldn't have married a David since there were so many of them in the family. That drew more laughter.

"Either one of you ... I need the First Aid kit from the house. Andie's boat kit is limited. I don't want to use it up."

"Shit!! That hurts. Warn a girl before you pour alcohol on an open wound!! OW! Somebitchmutherfucka. That smarts!"

Violet totally lost it ... so did Wendy Wanzor. "OWsomebitchmutherfucka!" shouted Violet.

"First English words you ever learned, Violet," said Wendy.

They both cracked up.

"Hey! I'm bleeding here! This isn't funny. Wendolyn? Just wrap it up."

"No, Andrea. You need stitches."

"Put a couple of butterfly strips on it and call it good. Hey! Iodine? Oh Shit, ohshit-ohshit-ohshit-ohfuck-ohdear. Fuck! I'm gonna pound somebody a new asshole!"

"Who shot you?"

"I think it was the guy who owned this island before you did. Or one of his minions."

"How far did you time it?"

"Maybe twenty years."

"Yeah, probably so. We didn't own it then.

"How did it happen?"

"I'm bleeding all over my cabin and you're asking questions? Get a grip, lady. I waved and they shot me."

"David?!?"

"Yes." "Yes."

"Somebody had better be going after the house First Aid kit ... and damn quick about it."

"I sent the twins," said her David.

"Jesus Christ, David. I love my boys but they couldn't pour piss out of a boot with the directions on the heel. Junior?"

"She took off after them."

"Good ... she knows where the local is and we're going to need it. One of you men come down here. Hold on a second."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.