A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 25

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Imagine yourself in a similar position: A 12 or 13 year old girl ... a kid ... fer chrisake ... never met her and she knows you have a time travel watch?!? To make matters worse, there's a man coming up behind the girl who looks an awfully lot like Professor Timothy Leary.

"But ... but ... but," Andrea stammered, "Timothy Leary's dead."

Junior and David both said, "Oh no. He's on the outside looking in." They looked expectantly at Andy. She was stunned.

Tim grinned and laughed. "I hear that a lot around here. But it's true ... I'm on the outside of life looking in. I find the human race to be weird beyond belief. Let's see your watch. I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

"Now, that's a proposition I haven't heard since I was seven," Andie sort of chuckled.

"Did you?" questioned Tim.

"Did I what?"

"Show him?" asked Tim.

Andie turned a brilliant red.

"That's a yes," said David.

"Please, I'm a PK."

That got looks.

"PK ... Preacher's Kid." She waffled, "We have to be 'perfect.' It keeps from embarrassing our Church." Although it's physically impossible for that much blood to infuse the skin ... she turned three different shades of red, each one more intense than the last.

"Yup, she did," agreed Tim. "I'm a shaman ... I know what my kid did."

"Speaking of your kid ... where is Violet?" asked Junior.

"Texas ... Alabama ... or Georgia," stated Tim, "Ever since she got her own watch she's hard to keep track of ... where and when wise. I know she's not in Colorado."

"Why not Colorado?"

"She only goes there on the anniversary of her mothers death," explained Tim.

Andrea was lost ... they were speaking of people she didn't know. As she was adding two and two she kept coming up with three, four or five. "Lookit!" she exclaimed. "Just what makes you think I have a weird watch?"

"Guilty ... Guilty ... Guilty ... nothing was said about a weird watch. Do you have a weird watch?" asked David. "One like this one?" He slipped out a nice 16s Hamilton Standard, 21 Jewel, Seven Adjustments, Lever Set, Railroad watch.

He took her hand and started to wind.

"Road Trip!" shouted Junior.

"Wait!" shouted Tim.

"We want to go too!" cried the group approaching the pier.

It was the Austin Twins along with their Mom, Wendolyn Too and her husband, David ... Wendy popped in from whenever she was ... and Violet came with the Sutherland twins.

Violet exclaimed, "My watch never did this before. Hi Tim ... WENDY!!" That got a hug, "Is this the new Watch Owner?" she asked, looking at Andrea.

Tim said, "Never did what before?

"Hi Wendy ... which Pharaoh are you tormenting this century?

"Yes, she is.

"Next?"

Nine of the ten people responded. Andrea stepped back, listened to the confusion and watched.

Violet explained to Tim that it was the first time her watch had moved her without request. Wendy said the same. Everybody hugged Wendy ... Wendy is Grandmother or mother or mother-in-law or cousin or niece ... not nephew ... to everybody there.

Half an hour later ... it was brought to their attention ... that Andrea ... was missing. In other words ... they noticed.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.