A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 14

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

"No, sir. I have no idea what's going on." Bill was on the phone.

Actually, to be truthful, Bill ... err ... Professor William Slagle, Ph.D. had been summoned to the phone by someone who identified himself as having to do with National Security ... or something similar.

"What I suggest, sir, is that you present yourself ... or one of your jackbooted minions at my lab ... presenting valid ID ... which I will call my resources and confirm."

"Oh, you can bet your paycheck I'll find out ... after all ... I wrote your security program."

"If you need to talk to her I WILL be present ... with our attorney ... that's another thing you can make book on.

"Bring a warrant ... if you invade our home without one ... there will be repercussions."

"You know ... I don't think I want to talk to you any longer."

And so it came to pass that the house phone rang and entry to the elevator was demanded.

"And you are?"

"You have a warrant?"

"Do you see the camera in the corner?"

"Any corner."

"Hold up your ID and warrant where I can get a picture."

"Thank you."

"Well, you'll have to wait ... I have to call the judge who signed it."

If it were possible for brains to boil and steam pressure to be released ... ears would be whistling. To make matters worse ... renters stepped in and out at will. There was a lot of, "Oh ... I'll call my dad ... Daddy? There's a man here who wants to arrest me for living here. Sure. Here." The phone was passed.

"Senator Idyllwilde? Yes Sir ... she's about five foot five inches, blonde, blue ... tattoo? Young lady do you have a tattoo? Erk! Yes Sir ... Sorry to bother you sir. Yes sir ... interesting place for a tattoo. Too much information sir." "Your phone Miss Idyllwilde ... you can go."

"You have made me late for class ... Is that your black Suburban? I notice it's running ... I'll just take that."

She did.

He was just about to run after her when the elevator door opened. The speaker in the back of the cage announced, "Mr. Secret Agent. You can come up. Everything is on tape and audio. Be polite. The recorder is in the local station for NBC. The instant you pick up a phone without my permission, everything gets on TV live. And I am that important." Bill wasn't kidding.

The elevator door opened and a rather short individual dressed in a black suit, white shirt, thin black tie, black socks and black spit shined shoes so glossy Bill could see his reflection.

He had his ID folder out and his leather badge case in his breast pocket. He looked around.

"Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Don't play games with me, Mr. Slagle."

"Doctor."

"Look, Slagle. Your wife ... I have questions for your wife."

"You are?"

"Henderson, Special Agent Henderson."

"Well, Henderson."

"Agent Henderson, Slagle"

"Doctor Slagle, Henderson."

"Agent Henderson."

"You only get one more chance, Henderson, and this is breaking news.

"Look Slagle."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.