A New Old Watch. 9th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

The second thing Andrea did after eliminating the threat to the 'Colored Burying Ground, ' was dropping back to 1937 and purchasing a set of fenders, front end chrome and rocker panels for the 1934 Ford two door sedan that would soon become Pink. For some unknown reason, the watch knew to the second when to drop off the parts.

Then she checked the Spanish Lottery, discovered the winning numbers and left the note.

Smuggling the paint into the body shop took a little ingenuity, but she got it done. The rest of life fell as it may and we all know about the house. Young Andie finally caught up with the life of Dr. Andrea and merged.

The new life was totally unknown. Whee! Adventure Time!

That's what life is ... an adventure. You never know what's going to happen from one split second to the next. Oh ... you might think you do ... know.

The days pass as days do ... sometimes it's drudgery ... the 'same shit, different day' that many lives face ... plod ... plod ... plod ... day in, day out. Get up ... yup, same guy looking back in the mirror ... shave the face, flush, shower. Dress ... maybe it's shirt and tie ... or maybe it's mechanics overhauls ... regardless ... you're one of the faceless millions preparing for the daily grind.

"Come get it before I slop it to the hogs!" comes the cry from the kitchen. The thundering herd is heard on the stairs or the hall. There is always the, "She did it." "Did not." "Did too." "Shut up and eat, you'll miss the bus." "More coffee, Dear?" "I wanted that last slice!" "You got it yesterday!" "Did not!" "MOM!!" "Shut up before I rip your arm off and beat you to death with it!"

Eventually the kids catch the bus or get picked up or walk to school ... somehow they make it ... and you're just glad they're out of the house ... until the wife sits down and says the four most frightening words in the world.

No! it's not, "Honey I am Pregnant." Those four are in third place. Second place is, "I want a divorce!" First place is the one she says today. "We need to talk."

Thank god your carpool beeps and you have to run.

OR...

you could be one of the one percent. The guy in the backseat of the limo. Not one the faceless millions. No, you're on the cover of Forbes and not only does everyone know your name ... they all hate you! Your yearly bonus could run most third world countries for five years and still have significant money left over. Your salary is forty four thousand times the average combined yearly wage of every employee NOT on the board of directors.

Your 13 year old daughter drops twenty five grand at the mall two or three times a year and doesn't have a thing to wear ... just ask her.

Your trophy wife has the IQ of her bra size but she looks great and she can schmooze. Sure she's fucking the the man who just opened the door and let you out of your limo. And you really do appreciate that fact ... it's just one less chore.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.