Beth 6
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2013 by Svengali's Ghost

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4 - The continuing adventures of Beth and Tommy as they enter their senior year in college.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

I got home, pulled the Jeep into the garage, and walked into the house—the empty house.

I had some pictures I wanted to clean up, so I fired up my computer and brought up the first image—and sat there staring at it, listening to the quiet, that lack of sound that reminded me that I was by myself. And Beth was going to be gone for three months—THREE MONTHS! I let out a sigh, pushed away from the computer, grabbed my jacket, and left the house. I didn't have the foggiest idea where I was going, I just needed to be elsewhere for a while.

After driving around for almost half an hour, I found myself at my favorite camera shop. I hadn't seen Joe for a while and talking to him sure beat sitting at home talking to myself. Besides, with school starting Monday, it was going to be a while before I'd have time to visit my favorite money sink.

"Hey, Tommy, how's it going?"

"Not too bad. I'm on my own for a while. Beth's spending the winter in Antarctica."

"That's right, I remember you mentioning that. How's she doing?"

"I don't know, she just left today."

"And you're missing her already? Thomas, my friend, you've got it bad, don't you?"

All I could do was nod. I mean, when a guy's right, he's right. Right?

"So what new goodies have you got to show me?"

"Here's something you'll like," Joe said as he pulled a spindly plastic contraption out from under the counter. All I saw was a X-shaped plastic frame with a propeller on each corner. "What's that, a do-it-yourself UFO?"

"I guess you could call it that. It's a quadcopter."

"Nice. Is it remote controlled, or what?"

"This one is set up for RC, just like a model airplane."

"Cute, but what's it doing in a camera shop? You planning on expanding into toys?"

"No. Tommy, this one comes with a mount for a GoPro." He grinned.

Suddenly all sorts of ideas floated through my head and an hour later I was on my way with that same head full of plans, including how to start dropping hints for Christmas. I could only imagine what I could do with an aerial camera platform.

Five minutes after I walked in the house my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Tommy? Guess who!"

I didn't have to guess. Not with that voice. "Hmm, let me think ... my California girl?"

"Aw, you cheated! You checked the caller ID, didn't you?"

"No, I didn't. So you've obviously made it to San Francisco, right?"

"Uh, huh. And you'll never guess who was here to meet my plane!"

"Um ... that's a tough one. Santa Claus?"

"Close! Grandpa Hank! He signed up for another stint at McMurdo so I'll actually know somebody down there!"

I could just see Hank's sneaky little grin as he waited at the airport for his "favorite" granddaughter to arrive, and I was happy for Beth. I knew how uncomfortable she would be around a bunch of new people, not to mention being in an unfamiliar place. Having her grandfather there would make it easier for her.

"So when's your connecting flight?"

"Not until about seven-thirty here. So we've got some time to kill. I just wanted to let you know I got here all right."

We talked for almost another hour before Beth promised to contact me when they landed in New Zealand. Unfortunately that wasn't going to work. With school starting, I'd be in class when Beth landed so I wouldn't have a chance to talk to her until she reached her final destination at McMurdo.

I drove to school the next morning in anticipation of the Video Production course that would start on Wednesday. Even though I'd only be auditing the course and wouldn't be getting any credit, I was hoping to pick up some useful tips. If not, all I'd be out was the tuition and time. My regular schedule was more of the same stuff—lighting, composition, small business operation, etc.—just a little more advanced. It was the video class I was really excited about.

Tuesday after school I walked into my self-defense class and saw Andy talking to Kurt. Standing next to him was a cute redhead. When he saw me, Andy grabbed the redhead's hand and dragged her over to meet me.

"Tommy, this is Nancy ... my girlfriend," he said. I could hear the amazed sound in his voice and thought back to my reaction when I realized Beth was really MY girlfriend.

"Hi, Nancy, are you going to be joining our class?" I asked. Andy's lady was a real beauty. She was just moving from a young girl to a teenager but didn't show any of the usual gawky awkwardness typical of the girls her age.

"Yeah, I wouldn't want Andy to be able to take advantage of me," she responded with a shy little grin.

Thinking back to my conversations with the young man, I didn't think Nancy really had anything to worry about. Not that I was going to rat out her boyfriend.

Kurt called the group to order and I noticed Nancy stood in front of Andy, not next to him. I wondered why until Kurt started us on our warm-ups and I saw Andy's reaction to Nancy's leotard-clad ass rotating in front of him. He didn't look real comfortable, but I noticed he didn't look away from his girlfriend's beautiful bum either.

I wondered if he stood a chance against such a force of nature as the girl who had him all but drooling.

After class I invited the pair to join me at one of the local sandwich shops. I wasn't really hungry, but anything to kill some time before I had to face my empty house—all I had to look forward to was a Skype conversation with Beth.

We spent over an hour at the sub shop and I could see what Andy saw in his new girlfriend—the young teen girl was a real charmer. Eventually our sandwiches were done and the two kids had to meet Nancy's mother to catch a ride home. I drove back to the duplex and spent some time cleaning up some images on my computer, waiting for Beth to contact me.

It was almost eleven PM when Beth finally got through.

"Beth! I was afraid I'd missed you."

"Tommy, it's so good to see you, but you look tired!"

"Well, it IS eleven at night and I had an early class this morning." The sight of my lady almost made up for the inevitable transmission delay interrupting our conversation. I don't know if it was a satellite connection or something on my end, but having to wait to see her reaction to anything I said was frustrating.

"Tommy, I don't think this is going to work. I mean it's what, eleven at night there? Here it's just four PM. And it's tomorrow on top of it! Besides, I'm stuck in the dorm until I can find someone to share a room with."

"Just be careful whom you choose. Remember what happened the first time," I kidded her.

"Don't worry, Tommy. You'll always be my first, best roommate."

A little more conversation and we decided we'd save the face-to-face Skype calls for the weekends and exchange text messages and emails the rest of the week. Just before we ended our call, Hank stuck his head in the picture. "Hi, Tommy! How's it going?"

"Oh, not too bad, I'm looking forward to a new class tomorrow. I figured it's about time I learn what all this new-fangled video stuff is all about."

Hank and I chatted for a couple of minutes before Beth got impatient and bumped him away from her webcam.

"Tommy, we've got to go and you need to get a good night's sleep."

I could only agree and I closed the Skype connection. Now all I had to do was wait for an email from my lady.

Wednesday was my first Video Production class and I didn't have the least idea of what to expect. I kind of had an idea it would be similar to the other photo courses but I was wrong, or at least it seemed that way when I walked into the room. I'd debated bringing one of my video cameras—either the GoPro or my little camcorder—but I figured there wouldn't be any reason to. I mean, the first day of a class is usually the usual getting to know everyone BS. Well ... guess what.

I was maybe the fifth or sixth person in the room and the first thing I noticed was everybody else had a camera with them, and a couple of them looked like they'd sprung for expensive pro equipment ... or their parents had. A far cry from either my little Canon camcorder or the GoPro. By the time the instructor walked in I was almost ready to bolt from the room and cancel the class—especially when I kept getting looks from some of the others. But then I thought back to the extra effort Mr. Nordstrom went through to get me into the class and decided I owed it to him to stick it out.

The instructor walked in and looked over the class. I could see a little grin as he saw the cameras. "Good morning. My name is Mr. DeFrance and if you're here for Video Production 101 you're in the right place. Let's get started with some introductions."

As he went around the room everyone introduced themselves and told him why they were in the class and how much they already knew about video production. Since this was supposed to be a freshman-level course I wondered how much of what I heard was true and how much just freshman braggadocio. By the time he came to me I was more convinced than ever I might just be in the wrong place.

"Thomas Randahl, I see you're just auditing his class. Is there a reason for this?"

Oh, boy, once sentence from the instructor and already I was seeing sneers on the faces of most of my classmates.

"I'm in the other photography program but I wanted to learn how to use video more effectively. I've shot just enough to know there's a lot I don't know."

"Including that you should always carry your camera with you," I heard from someone sitting behind me.

"What kind of camera do you have?" Mr. DeFrance asked.

"Just a small Canon and a GoPro. I didn't want to spend too much money until I found out if I had any talent for shooting video and if I had any reason to learn what I'd need to do good work." I couldn't help feeling I was digging myself into a deeper hole every time I opened my mouth.

"Your major is in still photography, isn't it?"

I nodded.

"Oh, just a snap shooter," came that same sneering voice from behind me.

I turned around and saw the guy with the smart mouth was carrying one of the Sony pro cameras. I recognized him as one of the first-year students and, based on my past experience with the type, I figured we weren't going to be the best of friends.

Eventually the hour was over and I was able to escape. Had I made a mistake signing up for this course? The only saving grace was even if I totally blew it, it wouldn't count against my GPA.

I walked up to Mr. DeFrance as the room cleared out.

"Thomas Randahl, right?"

"Yeah, but most people just call me Tommy."

"Okay, Tommy, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, I don't know. I guess I'm having second thoughts about being here."

"Let me guess. The comments from some of the others?"

"Well ... yeah. What I said during class was right—I'm not sure if I'll ever need what I'd learn here. I guess having someone assume that I did video work got me thinking." I went on to describe my experience with Charles Dawson, the potential client who was royally pissed when he found I didn't do video after he had assumed that all "professional photographers"—as he put it—could handle both still and video work.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.