You Never Know When! - Cover

You Never Know When!

Copyright© 2013 by Pappy

Chapter 2

Serge asked about the bills, saying the Embassy should cover it or he would. Sonja asked a more simple yet direct question Who was I? and How had I come to find her daughter?

I started to answer those questions the best way I could. How could I tell them everyone was now being investigated, photos, video and a search of 17,000 databases would soon confirm or deny this story.

It all became mute. Kat opened her eyes and was waking up.

She looked at her mother who ran to her. Zack restrained her. She cringed when Serge spoke to her, and I knew this was not a happy, loving, family scene.

"I appreciate you both coming down. But I am afraid your story needs to be verified and there are some formalities that will need to be worked on by your Embassy and the US State Department. One being that her mother was Czech not Chechen. I'm sure that and the other things will be discussed. We will be in contact with your Embassy, as soon as possible. In the meantime Katya will remain here and try to get well. You will not be able to visit here I'm afraid since this is not a public portion of the Hospital."

"You will hear from my Embassy, you cannot just 'kidnap' Kat, we have rights here!"

Right I thought, how little he knew and how hard it would be for 'anything' to be done. Zack gave me a smile and showed them to the room door where Paul escorted them out to the lobby. Serge was sputtering all the way out ... I turned to Katya.

"Now young lady, they are gone. What do you want?"

She gave a little smile then fell back asleep.

Paul came back smiling. He was not a happy camper when the Hospital made him step outside to use his cell phone. It sounded Russian or Bulgarian so it was either an Embassy or our boy is calling for some muscle to get the girl out of here. The mother did not seem upset though."

"Well if out girl's reaction to Serge is any indicator, I don't think she was very happy to see him. If they try anything let's get them get into the elevator and stairwell. Keep them there until tomorrow; then we'll see what anyone wants to tell us and find out who they are and are working for. Pretty soon we are going to have the State Dept types pretty flustered; so lets move Katya. Change the floor numbers of the elevator and this room number too. God, I miss this job now. I'm glad to be back, somewhat; Paul. This is fun!"

There really was a real 12th floor in the hospital. If anyone used the elevator or tried to go there by the stairs, they would be in for a huge shock. It was where all the women in labour waited. If we wanted anyone kept, we could charge them with attempted kidnap of a child. They would not last long in jail awaiting trial, and it was a Federal Offense so no LEOs could interfere.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.