Allis and Donna
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2013 by Sam

Claire, Allis and Donna led me to my rooms in the Castle. They were quite nice. I was not certain why I would need all this space but then I saw the doors leading to a wide terrace, went outside and was very taken by the view.

We were in a sitting room of sorts. There was a large table, several smaller ones about, several straight back chairs, one soft seat, Queen Anne style I think and a very comfortable looking sofa. A maid entered, curtseyed and told me to ring should we require anything. She said we, not me. Things moved quickly in a castle I thought. She pointed to another room.

In mixed German and Dutch she called it the 'Playroom' strange, must have been children about at one time.

Now that 'trial' was finished things came crashing down on me. I not only began to worry about what I had done, how I had done it, but also what Claire was feeling now. I needed to tell her something and to some degree to Allis and Donna also. I took Claire by both hands and drew her to the sofa, Allis and Donna knelt at our feet. None had said very much. In thinking back I was certain only the request for the collar was uttered.

"Dear Claire I don't know what possessed me to do all those things. When you left, all I could think about was you. When Franz called and told me again you were not married I just jumped to the conclusion that I could make you mine. That's not true though is it?"

She turned away. Allis though spoke. "We are not certain, yet. My lady took your gift and asked that it be a collar for her, your collar. This is an old family and as such, Claire, from birth has been promised to another. They have never met and by becoming a slave to you, he probably will not want her. If he does, you will face a duel, one of honour and for Claire. It is our way, has been such for countless years. That is why Claire is so silent and now angry at herself. You should have been told. Your generous gifts refused. Franz should never have called you or invited you here."

I had suspected something was wrong, but never this.

I asked to see Franz. I was surprised when he came to the room and motioned the girls to stay. "I have no secrets from them, anymore." Franz said.

"What do you need?"

"Answers Franz, just answers? Why did you invite me here?

"A very easy thing to answer, my friend, if you still call me that? I was tired. Tired of all the BS, excuse my French? I had convinced Mother and Father that this was not 1700. We were perpetuating something that has long since gone. It did not take very long for the other girls to agree. I am certain though that they did not marry from love, at least not from one man. Claire though, as, as we might say, was not of a 'questionable' union. She became a pawn in an old game to keep some families together and some old men happy. I could not sit back and let it happen. I do think of them all as sisters, love them all and wish each to find some happiness. God knows we all have the means to live life as is chosen. If she loved the old fool who she was promised to, fine. He demanded her at birth because he knew she would someday inherit everything. My father is not a fool and delayed such a thing. Perhaps that he is already married may have impacted that and made it easier. When you showed up, you looked at Claire like a lost puppy, she looked at you like a hungry wolf at the fawn. A match made in heaven I thought when I was informed money was not a concern of yours. So I thought you might be more than willing to go a few extra miles for her. This trip and your thoughtful gifts re-affirmed that, however, you should know that Father never shares a gift."

The insult, name calling and the threatened duel might have occurred until, Allis asked if, Madam Antoinette, the Viscounts 'wife' would also be attending the possible duel. Allis would attend to finding her a new husband after. Some sputtering was followed by a frustrated downward wave and a Bah!

The old man was 63 and his current wife 30. She later came to the Castle to say, she had been rather wondering what he would do with a new bride since he did not seem to even know what to do with her. She very coyly asked if I needed any pointers? I started "Well if..." when three sets of hands slapped me, one to the head.

I heard, "He does not, and if he did, Allis and Donna have already offered their services to 'keep' him educated. However, Katya may already be tired of her new toy, so your kind offer to assist, might be welcomed. You already know where Katya sleeps, (This was a 'friendly' family) his name is Kurt and the poor boy may need a hand or something?"

Antoinette's eyes widened. "Well if I must, I hope things are not too hard, yet!"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.