A Second Chance
Chapter 37

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Since he knew what he was talking about, there wasn't much sense in discussing it.

"Sergeant Major, When we get to London ... I need clothes ... have you any suggestions?"

"You're certainly calm about it."

"You know. I know. I know you know. You know I know you know ... ya know?"

"Very funny."

"Thank you, Sergeant Major. I imagine you'll tell me what else you know," I reached in my pocket and took out a wooden nickel. I handed it to him. One side had an ink-stamp of a buffalo and the logo Buffalo Nickel Saloon printed on it. The other side said TUIT in the middle and around the edge, Five Cents in Trade, "When you get around to it." It took a second or six...

He burst into laughter, "'Don't take any wooden nickels, ' you have no idea how many times I was told that during the war ... but to have combined it with 'A round tuit?' Genius! Where ever did you get this?"

"From my dad ... he got it at the Buffalo Nickel Saloon in Oklahoma City. Dad said the owner had a big glass fishbowl full of them." Smythe tried to give it back. "No. No. Keep it, I have more. Daddy took his change in them."

He slipped it in his pocket, still chuckling about it.

"I don't suppose your name is Smythe?"

"No more than yours is Jacobin, Colonel."

The guard conductor stepped up, "Good morning, Sergeant Major."

"Private White ... how many years, Chalky?"

"Ten, Sir." He nodded at the train. "I believe we're connected and ready ... board?"

"It seems like the British Army knows the British Army," I said.

"Yes, lad ... sooner or later, we all serve at the same station. Let's not get left behind."

The trip back to London was nice. Except, Mother was waiting. She'd flown. "Sergeant Major. Fancy meeting you here."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"We're here for clothes for David ... suggestions?"

"Yes, Ma'am. But we have a stop to make first."

The same limo was waiting ... but a different crowd loaded. If it had been the Liverpool stevedores there ... I would have freaked. It was bad enough that the liberated Liverpool cargo net was still used to tie down the trunks.

"Where to, Sergeant Major?"

"Barclays ... A branch won't do. Head Offices. Everyone in? Hands and feet?"

The chorus was loud. "YES, SERGEANT MAJOR!"

"Very funny." He exclaimed, "Right, then. We're off!"

Immediately Grace, Sally and Mother started in, "To see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
We hear he is a whiz of a wiz, if ever a wiz there was
If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, The Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
We're off to see the wizard, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz


Arlen Harold

They sang it all the way to the bank ... Amber joined in ... me too.

King's Cross to Euston right on Grays Inn to High Holborn and then Cheapside and a little joggle to Lombard Street. We pulled up at Number 54. Not very impressive but OLD ... one could smell the money.

In the doors. The doorman looked like the butler of the ages ... The lobby screamed BANK ... MONEY ... ALL BOW. Footsteps positively echoed ... transactions were being carried out in hushed and secretive voices. We were unknown people, and ... I will admit ... we looked like a robbery in progress.

The elevator was new ... in 1910. Italian, of course ... Italy has always made excellent elevators that fit in places unused by humans.

The operator was a pretty girl

I think the UK breeds for breasts ... she was impressive. She must have known not only who we were but where we were going. Straight up to the top. I know that sounds quick but it's not. I could have walked the stairs and arrived sooner. Italian elevators are slow ... safe ... but my grannie moves faster.

The best thing about the ride was the operators chest. Going past each floor she bounced ... the rebound had almost stopped when we passed another floor... Bounce, jiggle bounce jiggle bounce jiggle. Clack. Bounce, jiggle bounce jiggle bounce jiggle. Clack. Bounce, jiggle bounce jiggle bounce jiggle. Clack. Bounce, jiggle bounce jiggle bounce jiggle. Clack. I barely noticed the door open.

When she turned to address us her boobs took five seconds to catch up. "Left and straight to the end," she said with a smile.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.