Thomas Jefferson and Us
Chapter 1

Copyright© 2013 by Marketeer

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Josh and Yaz invent a time machine to go back in time and try to find an answer to the question: What would the founding fathers think of us?

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Sci-fi time travel sex story,

The year is 2026. I had retired from flea market life in the beautiful farm Yaz and I bought not too far from Reading, PA. Our house was sizable, a fieldstone structure from the early 1800s that had been added on and added on until it was a respectable country estate.

With our outdoor pool, and the large barn that I was using as my workshop, we were living very comfortably. I was 61 now, and since I had retired over 10 years ago, I had been working on my project. It was finished now- I had tested it slightly, and it had worked. The device- well, the device was what you would call a time machine.

It was built in the format of an automobile, mostly because it needed to be moved around. It was based on a 2016 Mercedes-Benz G350 Bluetec, with the theory being that diesel-compatible fuels would be more readily obtainable over a much longer period of history. With the minor modifications Yaz and I had done to it, the engine would run comfortably on practically any vegetable oil, olive oil, kerosene, and so forth.

I'm not going into the theories of how the device works- its not important, and its a trade secret, anyway. But it works.

It was early May, and the country had been in an uproar about its 250th anniversary. All of the right-wing morons were saying things like if Thomas Jefferson were here, he'd gag. Primarily for my own edification, I decided to answer that question. By going back to 1776 and bringing ole' Tommy Boy back here. I wasn't going to kidnap him, mind. I was going to offer. If he declined, I'd simply try another of our founding fathers.

"Are you really going to do this?" Yaz asked. The whole thing worried her, mostly that I wouldn't manage to make it back.

I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. At 31, she was still the same vivacious, happy, playful, girl I had married 13 years ago, and fallen in love with years before that. Her black hair still tossed around as she talked, her smile still beaming, and her brown eyes still glowing. Age had served her well, at least physically. Mentally? Well if she was an adult at age 12 ... Yeah.

"Don't worry," I told her, "If I don't come back, all you have to do is kill me."

She frowned. She was worried. But I was going to do this thing.

I changed into some carefully researched everyday clothing for the wealthy from that period, loaded the extra needed equipment into the greatly compromised rear cargo compartment, and shut the rear door. The only thing I had to prove I was from the future was a 2025 $2 bill.

I kissed my Yaz good bye, got into the time machine, and drove out of there. I drove my German Military brick to a place not far from Monticello, and played with the time controls. In a moment, the world quickly changed around me, and I found myself, thankfully, not far from a dirt road. Using a map, I drove to within a mile of Moticello, and got out of the car.

For this endeavor I had developed a camouflage tent that would quickly pop up and go over the vehicle, and use video images to make it seem as if it wasn't even there. I hid it under that tent and walked to Monticello.

I knocked on the door, and what I assume was a slave girl opened the door.

"I'd like to speak to Mister Jefferson," I said.

"May I ask your name?" I was very surprised. She sounded distinctly British. Then I realized that so closely connected to Britain as the- well, the Colonies, were at the time, of course they would still have accents that seemed British. This was, after all, still part of the British Empire.

"My name is George Clay," I told her.

She nodded, and lead me into what I guess one could call a state room. As much as everything was beautiful, I was amazed by how much it smelled in the house- of shit, of sweat, of ... all kinds of things. I realized that in that day and age, personal hygiene was ... well, at least it was different.

A man entered the room, dressed in finery, and at first I didn't recognize him as Thomas Jefferson. For one thing, he wasn't wearing a powdered wig. And for another, he was only 33 years old. Not old enough to hold the office of President.

"Good day, sir," Jefferson said. I was confused, as his speaking seemed a tad shy. I had assumed he had to be an orator of considerable talent in order to do what he did. But he didn't seem one.

"Mr. Jefferson," I said, "Let me get straight to the point. I have an unusual offer for you. How would you like to see what this country, and the world, is like two hundred and fifty years hence?"

"I think that would be very interesting, sir," he said, "But how do you propose to do that?"

"I have a time machine," I told him.

"What proof do you have of this?" he asked.

I took the two dollar bill out of my pocket and handed it to him.

"Sir, I am from the year 2026," I said, "and this money is from what we call the United States Of America, the country that you will help write a Declaration of Independence for, and two documents of governmental form for. I would like to take you back with me to see what you have wrought."

"I think I would be delighted, but I still must see proof."

"Can you walk a mile?" I asked.

"Of course I can, sir."

"Then lets go."

"How long will I be gone?" he asked.

"To whose perspective?" I responded.

"Ah," he said.

He followed me out of the house to the place where I had put the tent, which I quickly dismantled. He gasped in awe of the vehicle, and I ushered him in to the passengers side seat.

I got in the drivers seat, and started the engine. I then shoved the gear lever and drove back to where I had landed here, the diesel engine's vibration intriguing the man greatly.

Then I put it in park, and fuddled with the time machine's controls. In a moment, the world changed a bit around us, and we were back in the year 2026, at precisely the second I had left. If anyone had been looking, they would have seen a flash, but nothing insanely notable. I drove the mobile bank vault that is the G350 onto the interstate, and brought it up to 80 mph.

"So many people," he said.

"The world has changed so much in the past 250 years, you simply won't recognize it," I told him, "Everything, in ways I can't even explain to you because I couldn't comprehend the change."

Incoming call from Yaz played over the cars speaker system.

I pressed the connection button.

"Josh, have you gotten to Charlottesville yet?" she asked.

"I'm already back," I told her, "I got him sitting right next to me. And dear god, he stinks."

She breathed a sigh of what I can only call relief.

"Thank god," she said, "I was afraid I'd never see you again. He stinks?"

"Yaz, do you think I'd give you the chance to kill me?" I said, "And yeah. I guess they have different standards back then."

"Mr. Jefferson?" she asked.

"Yes?" he said, "Where are you?"

"I'm in Pennsylvania," she said, "Near Reading."

"Reading... ?" he asked, "How are you talking?"

"Its called a phone," I told him, "A microphone in the car picks up our voices and turns them into electrical impulses, which are then converted into waves that move through the air to a receiver, which converts them back into electrical impulses, and sends them through wires to a transmitter near Yaz, where it is converted back into radio waves, and is transmitted to her phone, where it is converted back to sound. And vice versa."

"I see," he said, although he was clearly confused.

"Initiate facetime," I said.

"No," said Yaz, "I'm not decent."

"When are you ever?"

"Harumph," she said, and hung up.

"I thought your name was George," he said.

"Its not," I replied, "Its Josh. Joshua Shlomo Weisenberg, if you want the full name."

"Why didn't you..."

"Because I didn't think a name sounding that Jewish would get past your servants, and would have made you wonder."

I spent some time showing him the various features the car had, like GPS, and then decided to give him some more cultural shock. I picked All Summer Long by Kid Rock from a list of songs.

Jefferson cringed from the heavy loud beat and fast tempo, and then became shocked by the lyrics:

It was Nineteen Eighty-Nine, My thoughts were short, My hair was long,
Caught somewhere between a boy and man,
She was seventeen and she was far from in between,
It was summer time in northern Michigan,

Splashing through the sand bar,
Talking by the campfire,
Its the simple things in life like when and where,
We didn't have no Internet,
But man I never will forget,
The way the moonlight shined upon her hair,

And we were trying different things,
And we were smoking funny things,
Making love out by the lake to our favorite song,
Sipping whisky from the bottle, not thinking about tomorrow,
Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long,
Singing Sweet Home Alabama all summer long!

At that point I paused the music.

"What was that?" he asked.

"That was music," I told him.

"That sounded awful."

"Ok," I said, "Try this."

O Freunde, nicht diese Toene!
Sondern lasst uns angenehmere anstimmen und freundenvollere!

Freude, schoener Goetterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum.
Deine Zauber binden wieder,
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brueder,
Wo dein sanfter Fluegel weilt.

Although Beethoven was only 6 years old at this point, the music was much closer to the style to which I would assume Jefferson would be accustomed. Certainly more than a song by Kid Rock about an underaged sexual assignation in a state that did not yet exist. And, unbeknownst to me, but beknownst to people who bother doing research, Thomas Jefferson spoke German fluently.

He enjoyed Beethoven's 9th Choral, as far as I can tell.

"How does music play in your car?" he asked me.

"The music is recorded using a device that converts the sounds into electronic data, which is then stored in on a disc using magnets."

"Interesting," he said.

"Why don't you rest? Its a long ride."

Several hours later, I pulled into my driveway.

As I parked the time machine, Yaz came out the front door, and when I got out of the truck, she was at a dead run, and tackled me in a huge hug and kiss, yelling "JOOOSSHHHHHHH!!!!"

Thomas Jefferson was in a state I would call total shock.

Yaz was not a very modest girl. Never was, certainly not now. She was wearing a white bra, a light blue spaghetti strap shirt (hence how I know what color the bra was), and blue jean cut-off shorts. The shirt didn't quite cover her middle, exposing her bellybutton a little. Not that exotic for 2026, but to a man like Jefferson ... Yeah.

After I pried her off of me- and she was clearly really glad to see me- I made introductions.

"Mr. Jefferson," I said, "May I present my wife, Yasmin Shomani Weisenberg."

He was confused as she stuck out her hand and shook his. The women's liberation movement wasn't even a glimmer of a concept back then.

"Yassmeen Show-manney?" he asked, pointedly looking at me.

"Yasmin Shomani," Yaz corrected, "But lets make it simple. Just call me Yaz-everybody else does."

"That's an odd name," he said.

"Its not an odd name," I told him, "For somebody whose dad was a first generation Iranian-American."

"Iranian?" he asked.

"You'd call it Persia," I said, "Anyway, come inside where its a tad cooler. We have a lot to go over."

My house was from the early 1800s, and was largely period, except for the kitchen which was mostly modern, and the lighting, which was electric, and the heating, which was gas-fired steam. So it wasn't that far removed from a house of his time, and probably didn't shock him too much. Wait until I took the man into New York City.

I lead him to the guest suite, and showed him where the shower was. He, of course, didn't know how to use a shower, so I showed him how. I laid out a pair of khaki pants, a pair of boxers, and a short-sleeve polo shirt for him on the bed, plus some socks and loafers.

I, myself, also showered and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. I normally would dress better for a guest, but better to get him over culture shock quickly.

After that I went out to my living room and sat on a couch. Yaz sat down next to me and I cuddled her up to me. This was a girl who knew what she want, and got it. I loved her so much it hurt, even after all these years.

Jefferson walked in the room, saw our embrace, and embarrassedly turned to leave.

"No, please come sit," I said to him, pointing to the chair across from ours.

He sat down sheepishly.

"The first thing you need to know is that the cultural norms have changed greatly," I told him, "Yaz isn't dressed in a particularly vulgar way, she is actually on the conservative side."

"I see," he said.

"Beyond that," I said, "Women are considered a mans equal."

"What?" he said.

"Women are a mans equal. Race no longer matters. Ten years ago, the leader of this country was Barack Obama, a black man. That's the way it is."

He blinked.

"Now, why don't you come into my office and I'll go over the history of this country in a presentation I put together for you. Okay?"

"Indeed," Jefferson replied.

In the next room, I had a huge monitor hooked up to my laptop and I started running the history program.

The computer did the talking for me:

On July 4th 1776, you introduced the Declaration of Independence into the Continental Congress. This was signed over a period of time, after which it was sent to England to be shown to the King. The response to this document was a war, referred to in history as the American Revolutionary War. George Washington was commander in chief of the military, and after four long and hard years, with much loss of life, the Rebels won.

In 1781 Maryland became the last state to ratify the Articles of Confederation, thus creating an official government for the new United States Of America. Unfortunately, the government was extremely weak, and the states could not get along, creating considerable turmoil. As a result, a convention was called under which a Constitution was drafted. After several years of bitter debate, it was ratified, creating a Federal government. Details on its structure are available if you are interested.

In 1812, Great Britain continued in its violation of the Treaty Of Paris to such a point that the young Federal government declared war upon it. The war lasted nearly 3 years, but resulted in Great Britain finally recognizing American independence, and the formation of trade relations between them.

Between then and the 1860s, the nation expanded, through war, annexation, and purchase, to span from the Atlantic to the Pacific oceans. This did not come without some conflict, however, and the result of issues, largely concerning slavery, was the American Civil War. The result of the American Civil War was twofold. First of all, the union as it stood was preserved. But second, there remains an enormous economical divide between the North and South. Some say the South has never formally acknowledged the defeat.

Between the late 1800s and the very early 1900s America expanded its reach on a more international scale, expanding her military and especially her navy. In 1914 political alliances and other such nonsense resulted in the start of what would come to be known as World War I. It involved, primarily, Germany and Austria against France and England. Initially, the United States remained neutral, although more in support of the UK-France side of things.

In 1917, however, it became apparent that the then winning side, Germany, intended to then cross the ocean on a conquest of the United States. As a result of this, the US entered the war and proceeded to whip the living hell out of the Germans, ending the war in late 1918.

Germany got soundly slapped around during the peace negotiations, resulting in a treaty that created an awful German economic position. The United States, however, greatly benefited from the economic drive from the war and resultantly had a decade of economic explosion, known as the roaring 20s. The party came to an abrupt halt with the great crash of 1929, creating the worst and longest economic depression the world has ever known.

Germany got pulled into this, as well, and the result of it was a military heavy lunatic named Adolf Hitler gained control. He solved Germany's economic problem by creating a new army, recruiting Russia, Italy, and Japan, as allies, and attempting to take over the world. Two great mistakes were made. First, before securing its western front, Germany turned on Russia, and found itself waging a war on two fronts. This started to weaken Germany.

The next big mistake, however, was the main one: in 1941 Japan attacked the United States, leading to their entry into the war. This war was not so easily won, taking 3 long years to defeat the Germans. The Japanese, however, were not so easily defeated. Fortunately for America, a project had developed a new weapon called the Atomic Bomb. The Atom bomb was incredible because it was insanely powerful. The first bomb, dropped on the Japanese city of Hiroshima, using less then a gram of material, exploded with as much force as 20,000 tons of gunpowder. A second, even more powerful bomb was dropped on a second city, and Japan surrendered.

Despite their alliance in the war, the Russians became long standing enemies of the United States, due mostly to political differences. This resulted in a "cold war" that lasted until the late 1980s, with several flareups.

With the exception of war in Vietnam, there were no major conflicts waged by the US, or anyone else, between World War II and September 11th, 2001. On that date, an Islamic (incorrectly referred to as Mohammedans) terrorist organization organized an attack on the United States. Two major buildings in New York and the US Military headquarters were attacked, and the two major buildings destroyed.

As a result, the United States went to war with Afghanistan, and also with Iraq, a country not far from Persia. The result of this war was an enormous debt load on the US government.

The film continued to detail political history up until the present day. Thomas Jefferson sat there, mostly in confusion and shock.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.