Escaping From a Murderer - Cover

Escaping From a Murderer

Copyright© 2013 by John D

Chapter 10

Annabel passed a small envelope to Margaret and she turned it over in her hand. "It's a small favour," Annabel asked and licked her lips. "If Tony ever finds me he'll kill me," she said matter-of-factly and took a deep breath. "It's for Abigail when she gets to 21, if he finds me. It explains everything."

Margaret scowled. "Don't be silly, lassie," the solicitor told her. "Yer all-right up here, and why would he do that?"

"No, please," Annabel said with a determination. "You don't know him, he's ... evil." She spoke in a low voice and rubbed her face. A few tears formed and she took her glass of water. "I told you, he runs all of London's East End. He'd come home with blood on his cuffs and everyone was scared of him and scared of me. I mean, I would take the bus into town and everyone would look the other way, and if there were no seats, I'd get one. It was weird and..." Her voice trailed off and she stared at the glass. "I know he thinks I grassed him up to the cops. I dain't, I swear. I was too scared to do so. I mean, I know he killed people and he'd kill me. Which is why I just drove and drove 'til the petrol light came on."

Margaret listened and put her hand on Annabel's knee. "S'ok love. Start afresh up here."

Annabel sniffed. "I ain't got George. He promised me and he ain't come. Mum's in and out of clinic. I don't have a choice. I just gotta get rid of the car."

"If it's stolen..."

"I nicked if from Tony. 'E owns it but it ain't mine."

Margaret snorted. "Well then if he reports it as stolen, he will know where it is found. You better take it somewhere."

"Off a cliff?"

"Was thinking Glasgae or Carlisle. Leave it outside a Police Station with the keys in."

Annabel gave a giggle at the thought of this. "Could just leave it on Council Estate?" Annabel got pleasure at the thought of a young tearaway joyriding Tony's pride and joy and then crashing it and Margaret could see that would be a problem. "I'll get rid of it as soon as I can," the young mother promised.

"Just do," Margaret warned. "I gotta go. Ah got some filing to do. I'm in court tomorrow." Annabel gulped and nodded; she was clearly enjoying the company Margaret afforded her. "Need to get it done while Dad's got Eddie."

Margaret sighed at the rude book on the little table that Annabel picked up as the solicitor went to leave. "T'was a gift. Not bad," the London girl muttered as she saw the disapproving look.

Margaret smiled. "S'fine. I'll be a couple of hours. Dad said he'd have dinner for five so if I come up for half four. You join us?" Annabel hesitated but Margaret just smiled. "Yes?"

"Yes," Annabel conceded. "And thanks."


Annabel fell backwards as Tony slapped her across the face and advanced into the room. "You bitch," he shouted and hit her in the stomach, pushing her over the sofa. "I loved you."

"You hit me and Abigail," the young mother shouted in return and scrambled to her feet, only to be knocked over by the London gangster again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.