Escaping From a Murderer - Cover

Escaping From a Murderer

Copyright© 2013 by John D

Chapter 3

The police van sped down the small side street and the driver swung the vehicle into the corner, stopping abruptly. The back doors opened as half-a-dozen coppers leapt out.

The uniformed gentleman at the head of the six strong contingent ran into a small door, splintering the wooden panelling and leaving it hanging off it's hinges. "Police. Stay where you are." A voice cried and the men poured into the property.

There was a shout from upstairs as two men appeared in the landing, swore and then barricaded themselves into a bedroom. "Open up," two policemen cried and barged into the door. The suspects put a chair on their side of the wooden door and opened the window.

"Quick," the elder one cried and they looked into the bushes that lined their tiny front garden. The wiry man jumped into them, squeaking as he landed. And beckoned to his companion.

He scrambled to his feet and sprinted away as the elder man hit the greenery and they both tore away from the property. There were shouts behind them as two of the policemen gave chase.

"Split up," one of the men cried as they reached the end of the road and they hared off in different directions with the policemen taking a criminal each. The elder man hid in a garden and was easily found but the younger man ran for over two miles, desperately trying to put some distance between him and the tiring officers of the law, but he was soon joined by his colleagues and the man was stopped when a local shopkeeper tripped him up as he ran past.

"George Baynes. You're fuckin' nicked," the panting officer cried, and gave the illicit pornographer a punch for his trouble.


"Ah been thinkin'," Shona told her husband as she brought a drink into him. "Ahh want 'nother bairn." PC Iain Kennedy spluttered into his tea and he scowled at her.

"What?"

"Ah want 'nother bairn. One more."

"Yer got four bairns. Not got room fur many more." Shona's face twisted slightly as she thought and sighed.

"Ahhhh, but ah was one of six and yer were one of five. Ah thinkin' f'urs a bit small. I wannae 'nother one."

Iain shook his head as he looked into his lap. "Four cost enough," he moaned and Shona hummed in disappointment.

"Ahh our Annie up street has five and ah'm thinking a wee girl'll finish our family nicely." She waited for Iain to shake his head and she sat down next to him. "Just one more, please Iain."

He grunted. "How's boys been today?"

"Robert's got into ah fight with that Peter lad up street again," Shona told her husband. "And Graeme's out with Jamie in garden." Iain smiled and Shona looked at him. "So that bairn..."

"Later," he said with a degree of finality. "We'll talk later."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.