Escaping From a Murderer - Cover

Escaping From a Murderer

Copyright© 2013 by John D

Chapter 2

"George," the nineteen year old cried and the door opened.

"It's you," he snapped. "What d'ya want?"

"To see you," the girl simpered at his aggression. He closed the door to the small flat as she entered, pushing him out of the way.

"Annabel," he muttered. "What ya doin' here? I heard you were shacked up with some nutter."

She scowled. "Tony. Tony Ratcliff."

"Him. And if Tony finds out I don't want to lose bits of me, you understand?"

"He ain't gonna find out," she snapped. "He..." Annabel cocked her head and kissed him on the cheek. "He's cutting up some dealers over Dagenham way. I came to see you."

"Why didn't ya visit me? Nearly two years, it's long time without anyone visitin'?"

Annabel scoffed. "What an' 'ave Tony find out?" She snapped. "'E knows the odd guy in the nick," she told him firmly and got a resigned grunt in return. She softened her expression and rubbed her hand on his forearm. "I've missed ye."

He snorted. "Yeah well ... ya found Tony now."

"Ah don't love 'im. I love you." He shook his head and walked into the kitchen.

"But fuckin' late for that," he told her. "I 'eard ya had his baby."

Annabel pursed her lips and took a deep breath. "Yeah 'bout nine months after that night." His eyes narrowed and he pushed a button on the base of the cream and brown kettle. "I left your house after the Police came for you. I cried for a bit. And then a day or two later met Tony at 'is club."

George shook his head and the girl stood in the doorway. "Not even a letter."

"And have Tony find what ya sent back in return," she snapped. "D'ya know what he does to people he dain't like? I had to hide the two ya did send."

"Then why you with him?"

"Oh yeah, 'cause I'm gonna tell him he's dumped," Annabel snapped. "And if I run 'way he'll find me." She took a deep breath and rubbed her ear. "He'll get bored of me soon and he'll find some other tart. 'Til then, I 'ave to be careful. For Abigail's sake."

"He ain't gonna let ya take his kid," George moaned.

"It's a girl. 'E wants a boy."

"If ya want rid of 'im ya gotta run away. Go far and cut ya ties with London. Like Manchester, or Wales, Ireland, Scotland." She grunted and squinted.

"I know, seems a long way away, mind. Only got my mum 'round 'ere anyway. She's got Abigail today. If I go..."

"I ain't coming with ya."

"Why?"

"I got business to do," George told her firmly and ran his hands through his short hair. "And I got my own little girl with Charlotte. I ain't leaving her behind."

Annabel pursed her lips. "But..."

"But I got a business down here..."

"It got you in jail," Annabel thundered and sighed. "Oh come on, ya can't keep doing blue movies ya whole life."

He gave a tortured smile. "Ya weren't complaining when I was givin' ya a few quid for it."

Annabel threw her hands up in the air. "Ahh come on babe, I wan' to be with you but it can't be London." She sighed. "I dain't want to be with Tony."

George bit his lip. "Shouldn't 'ave 'ad his baby then."

Annabel sniffed. "I dain't."

"Ya did," he snapped.

She shook her head slowly. "Abigail's yours," she told him and awaited for his expression to change. "She's your baby. She was conceived that night, George."

"Don't believe ya."

"Do the sums. She was born on 7th January last year. You were arrested on 11th April year before." He gulped and she wiped her eyes. "I ain't told anyone before, but she ain't Tony's, she's yours. And she's got your smile."

George sniffed, shaking his head and Annabel nodded. He leant against the worktop. "Mine?"

"Yeah," Annabel told him. "She's really your kid. You can see it in the eyes. Now d'ya see why I want to be with you, George? We had something great before. Let's run away, get married and just start a new life. I don't want Abigail to grow up 'round here." He snorted and Annabel raised her eyebrows, sinking to her knees and kissing the shorts of her ex-partner. "Ya know I can do your special things."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.