Betli Must Be Played! - Cover

Betli Must Be Played!

Copyright© 2013 by Duna

Chapter 2: The Robber Ulti

Paul:

Pablo and I became very excited about John's invitation and when my girlfriend worked in the mall Saturdays or Sundays, we organized the Robber Ulti training. John's wife Heather was a dyed blond haired, blue eyed and tall woman with D cup breasts. They had a three-year old son, and a two-year old daughter. Pablo took his new wife, Gina to John's house. Gina came from an Italian origin family and she was of an average height, black haired, brown-eyed, young woman with C cup breasts, and she was very temperamental. We gathered at John's and the women were cooking and talking while we boys were learning the game.

(Card play rules: It is played with a special pack of cards, which consists of 32 cards in 4 "colors", as hearts, bells, acorn, and leaves. In Robber Ulti there are 2 rankings for the cards: in trump plays the ranks are 1. Ace 2. Ten 3. King 4. Over-knave 5. Under-knave 6. Nine 7. Eight 8. Seven and without trump plays are 1. Ace 2. King 3. Over-knave 4. Under-knave 5. Ten 6. Nine 7. Eight 8. Seven.

The trump plays are next: the least is the simple play with10 cents, forty hundred with 40 cents, ultimo with 40 cents, durchmarch with 60 cents, twenty hundred with 80 cents and in heart trump everything is twice more. John told us he liked to arrest the solitary player's ultimo the best with the ally player. The ultimo is when the solitary player can win against the two ally players in the last (10th) round using his lowest rank trump card, which is the trump seven card.

When the solitary player wins in all (10) rounds that play is called Durchmarch. Durchmarch $1.20 are the open durchmarch and $2.40 are the open play in hearts trump. The open play is called, when all players show all their cards each other after the first round for the remained 9 rounds. The without trump plays are betli with 50 cents, twice betli is with $1 and the open betli with $2 and there are without trump durchmarch with 60 cents, twice without trump durchmarch with $1.20 and the open without trump durchmarch with $2.40.)

In the Betli the solitary player begins and the two other ally players want to achieve that the solitary player is able to win 1 round of the 10 rounds at least because the solitary player will lose if the solitary player wins a round only once! This is a fantastic play type, because you win the game, when you lose all rounds.

(Card Play rules: In the trump plays there are combined type plays as the highest type play is the hearts trump twenty hundred and ultimo with open durchmarch, which is $4.80 cents. The first player gets 12 cards and other two players get 10 cards so first player starts the auction and he sets a money value, for example 40 cents (it may be forty hundred or ultimo in 3 colors except for hearts), and this player puts down 2 cards (talon) on the table with card back, so the first player alone knows the 2 cards (the talon).

If somebody has better card possibility that player can rob the 2 cards (the talon) to declare higher bid, for example 50 cents (betli) and from 12 cards this player must put down 2 cards (talon) on the table again. There is self-robbery as well, when the player declares 40 cents and this player wants to get better cards from the other players. Now this player wants an open play, but if nobody picks up the 2 cards (the talon), it is one of possibilities for BLUFF.

The first part of the game is the auction with 2 cards (talon) robbery (similar to the Poker) and the second part is the execution of the commitment of the bid winner, who is alone against the two ally players. The lonely player has a little advantage to the two allies players, he knows twelve cards: his ten in his hands and the two cards (the talon) on the table. There are contra and re-contra and a many other interesting things in Robber Ulti.)

John explained the rules to us and Pablo and I wrote everything in our booklets.

John told us he would give us back every lost cent until both of us would reach the level of losing not more than $50 a day only. On the fifth game occasions Pablo lost $17 I lost $27. John gave back our lost money, as he did on four occasions earlier, but he told us that at the next Saturday or Sunday game day everything would be live. On the next occasion we started the live game and John did not give back our lost money, which was $11 for Pablo and $12 for me. We played Robber Ulti card game monthly at John's.

Pablo and I liked to play betli the best and both of us kept saying, "What is a game that you win in loss!"

John told us that in Afghanistan he had worked together with two Hungarian NATO logistic soldiers and once he had asked them, if they wanted to play Robber Ulti?

The two allied soldiers almost fell out of their seats in surprise.

They wondered, a USA soldier could play Robber Ulti?

John told us that one of the two Hungarian logistic solders liked to play Betli with the best in same way as we. After some occasions we were good at the Robber Ulti, as John was earlier. Whenever we played the gain and losses varied randomly.

Pablo:

John was a good teacher, so Paul and I learned Robber Ulti well. We laughed a lot on that Paul and I loved to play the Betli the best. We vowed to each other that we would never play Poker. Once when we were playing the two wives looked at us and asked if they could learn Robber Ulti too. So when Paul was with his girlfriend on Sundays or Saturdays we taught the two wives with the same money-back technique. The result was interesting because one of the players was the card-dealer and the card-dealer could go to the toilet even could bring cold beer or soft drinks without breaking the game.

On one of these occasions when John, Paul and I were playing Paul mentioned that he found it an interesting thing that he preferred milk to alcoholic drinks. His remark opened the floodgate and we all admitted the same habit to each other and to the two wives. Next time we played, therefore, the wives brought low fat milk for us instead of beer...

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.