Looking Backwards
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2013 by Sam

Seated on the floor, within the markings of a Pentagram sat, what could only be described as a haggard witch. She bade me to sit down with her hand and asked me a question. "What is it that you want more than anything, and what will you 'Trade' for it."

In itself it was a deep question, then I realized nothing had been spoken, I was hearing what she said in my mind. I was stunned. What she thought next really shook me up. She thought to me...

I have to relate what happened then, but first I need to tell you some other things. Some of which may play a significant role in why I choose what I did and for a better understanding of the errors in judgment I had made over the years.

I have lived with my choice that day I met the 'Old Lady' over and over again, for as long as I am alive. If wisdom comes with age, I know that I had made the wrong decision back then.

Let me tell you the story first from the way I saw it back then and how I see it now, 30 some years later.

It was back in 1974 the Shah had been deposed in Iran, his French security team opted for a life in sunny(Smog) California. Washington D.C. was still reeling from the impact of the 'coup' attempt' in 1969, Presidents and politicians being assassinated, that 'Gem' we called Vietnam, and the influx to terrorists in the Middle East. There were plenty of uprisings in Africa, unrest between India and Pakistan, the Kurds were against the Shiites, who were against the Sunni, South America was seeing a resurgence of crime and dictators, life was good for 'contracts'.

Molly had left me, Spain was a decent move for me, not only because of the location, but the nude and topless beaches presented a pleasant viewing distraction, especially during the 'Season". Marie was a Godsend. She just fit right in and never asked too many questions. I guess her previous 'Boss' did not want too many questions asked about his life or his business. The one thing I noticed was that the 'LEOs'(Local Enforcement Officers) gave me a wide berth and I reciprocated with food, drinks and some 'Baksheesh' from time to time; it was a holdover from the previous owner who made the inquisitive disappear. Life was good, or so it seemed.

Africa was in the throws of 'blood diamonds', Civil Wars, Dictators wanting power and some wanting to stay in power. UN peacekeepers were more like 'give the friends a job', they were useless. The South Africans had pretty much 'locked up' the Southern Continent with groups like Executive Outcome. If you wanted to work for people and take orders there was an easy 'average' pay to be made. 'Private' Contracts, however paid much better and were of a shorter duration.

As was the case with so many 'Consultants', working for someone you could trust was the most important element. Many choose to hire 8-10 'gophers' for the price of one 'contract'. It was this, I thought at the time, was the reason things slowed down. As I think back to those times, I was wrong.

I had said earlier that I had gotten Marie a 16 gauge shotgun. Well, after several attempts at target shooting, no go, she was just too small and the pain was evident. I got a .410 gauge for her and she was pretty good with it. We still kept the old rifle and loaded it with custom shells that had much less of a kick. Like I said, Marie fit right in, she was almost family. It was not until much later that I had a better understanding of just what constituted 'family'.

I got my first 'taste' of being a 'contractor' back in 1965, when a ex Marine Corps Captain, by the name of West, was recruiting a 'team' for that jewel of Africa, Biafra. I learned from that the importance of 'Trust' and to get the money 'up-front', at least half. Government work seemed to be the way to go. There is a huge difference in civilian versus military security. If you ever got to see 'fractional' and 'service' defensive posturing, look at the 'perceived' areas of responsibility of the various agencies and service branches. Abrams and Westmoreland another example of 'conflict' within a branch which later polarized a lot of others, finally ending up with 'Charleston' to start things all over again.

Not all the work were 'sanctions'. Israel wanted a secure 'buffer' zone. The US wanted to keep the 'Mexicans' out. South Korea tried to make something out of the 'DMZ' which ended up with the establishment of 'Freedom City', an obvious incursion into the 'DMZ' to place a security area North of Seoul. Germany wanted re-unification, Bosnia was ripe to a Serb 'pacification' and even Argentina wanted to try its luck to drill for oil near the Falklands.

The trouble with most of these was the low pay or the feeling that once a 'hit' was made, someone had 'you' as 'their' target. It was not a nice world. After a while staying home, 'watching' the scenery on the beach and going home alone became a way of life.

It was about that time that Marie asked me what was wrong, and to see the 'Old Lady' at the Village. It was also at that time, or soon after, that Marie informed me she would be leaving to get married and start a life of her own. She wanted to let me know in advance and that she was trying to find a replacement.

At the time, I did not care one way or another, I was too wrapped up in my self. As it turned out, Marie did find a new housekeeper. I think she was also surprised at the size of her 'Bonus'/'Wedding Present' it would be enough for the down payment of a house for them. The new replacement turned out to make my life a never-ending 'banquet of beauty', it was Marie's 16 year old sister who seemed to distain wearing clothes. She said it kept for low maintenance. I began to enjoy my time around the house more, especially at pool and sauna time. Shelly always felt she had to invite me to join in, yeah, she really had to twist my arm. Not that Marie did not go nude once in a while, but Shelly had a body that was to 'die' for and an attitude like a 'minx' on steroids. It made for some interesting times. We had a talk, you know, 'that talk' and came to a conclusion that she could stay at the house unless she got married. That for me once was enough, but, we could enjoy each other's company both at home and away, for I promised to take her on some trips.

For a young girl, Paris, Berlin, Prague, Bangkok, Seoul, Cairo and the like seemed to be a dream come true. We bought a newer car, this time a Mercedes 500-SL I gave the 300-S to Marie. Her fame around the Village I'm certain, was that she had a 'Sugar Daddy', not true really, she still did not often wear clothes around though, hence no outlandish shopping trips. The un-welcome 'visits' around the house increased when Shelly was parading around naked. Since I was home more and she was going to accompany me some places, it was not yet a problem. Her effect on me was, but not a problem caused by our un-welcomed visitors.

Our first trip together was a driving holiday to Madrid. When we got to the city, I had her stop into a 'high-end' mall for some shopping. I had mentioned earlier that she hardly ever wore clothes at home. A pair of jeans, a tie-dyed top and leather sandals was what she wore. This trip might have me classified as her 'Sugar Daddy' since I intended to spoil her rotten. She needed everything. Never in her life had she gone anywhere, let alone to the big city; it would be an experience for both of us as I noticed the looks I was getting with a 'teen goddess' on my arm. Eat you heart out. As I remember, it was the first time I truly felt we were going someplace as a 'couple'. I thought of Molly, maybe she was right about her being better-off without me. Shelly, however, seemed to enjoy my company.

You all have heard the expression 'Shop till you drop', well Shelly did not seem to understand that I wanted her to get everything and anything. After just 1 new casual outfit, I took her to lunch and had her change into her new clothes. We had the proverbial mainstay in Spain, Sea Bass and a Veggie with wine. I told her, in no uncertain terms that we would check into our hotel first then continue the shopping. I told her that she was to get the following, as a minimum:

2 more day-time casual outfits

2 night-time casual outfits

2 dinner ensembles

1 formal outfit, with jewels suitable for a Royal Reception

2 swim wear (Damn she got thongs)

an assortment of girly things

She had to spend 5,000 L's($7,500) or more and we would dine at 20:00 hrs that evening The next day, hair, make-up and what not would be on the agenda, and if anyone tried to 'pick her up' she was to tell them to 'ask my Daddy'(Me). She giggled as only a young girl could. She was growing on me, a lot, I, until then, had taken any relationship very casually, ask Molly.

When we checked into the hotel, I got a new perspective. First, when she froze in the lobby and looked around at the way people were dressed, the displays of art, the elegant furniture and the men's reactions to her.

Second when I realized we were booked into the same suite, it did have two bedrooms but I had been so used to Marie, then Shelly living in the same house with me, that I never considered what the appearance might suggest.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.