What the Fuck? - Cover

What the Fuck?

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 9

HAL/Ricky said, "Pick a spot either side of any X and walk through it."

It's not an X ... it's a stylized form of somebody's bad joke but X will do.

"Son of a Bitch, HAL. That's not funny." I reached up and touched my nose. It wasn't broke, but pretty soon 'nose' was going to be 'node, ' and cussing out HAL/Ricky was not going to be effective because the invective I was ready to spout needed nasal passages to sound right. Mine were rapidly going inoperative. I felt wet ... BLOOD ... and snot.

Drip ... Drip ... Drip Splat ... splat splat and the girls were piling through the door with cotton balls and handkerchiefs. Conflicting remedies were foisted on me and I was generally abused. HAL/Ricky actually WINKED at me. My head was cradled between a nice pair of boobs and the other two women were spit shining my face.

I couldn't tell you whose boobs ... nor did I recognize the two who were cleaning me up because I was getting thin on blood due to nose leakage and harder parts south. I felt like the known world was spinning and the bay turned black...

An unknown time later ... and there wasn't a damn bit of sense asking because the ship doesn't recognize time as humans know it ... and the ship didn't seem to be around ... the Baltic was heeled over and the bunk I was strapped in was gimbaled so I was level at all times. I can tell you right now ... that wasn't going to work. The cabin was rocking and I wasn't ... Uh uh ... nope ... bucket!! And I was head deep in one. Evidently, I hollered the "BUCKET!!" It wasn't really a bucket ... it was what hospitals call an emesis tray

Between URPS, I said, "Fix the bed," and that didn't get immediate results. "Fix the damn bed!!" Someone needs to pay attention. "The bed needs to move like the boat!!"

Someone I couldn't see did something and the cabin stopped moving. I mean ... it was still rocking and bouncing but so was I.

"Oh god, that was like sitting in a swing with my feet up," I said ... and shouldn't have. That brought up unpleasant memories.

"Or watching a slow train at a crossing," that remembrance wasn't good either.

"You get seasick?"

That sounded like Keirstann.

"No ... I have motion sickness ... small motions," I confessed. "I'm fine with BIG movement."

"Oh ... we're sorry..."

That must have been Brittany.

My sailors mind immediately said... "Who is minding the store?" and I vocalized it.

"Store?" That was Stevie.

Keirstann ... Brittany ... Stevie ... David ... all in the cabin ... one of us tied in bed.

"Fuck ... HAL/Ricky is at the helm?"

"Ah, no ... Auto Pilot..."

"The Baltic doesn't have an auto pilot! Let me up!!" I tried ... but no cigar...

I was strapped in ... my neck was in a horseshoe and I had a nose protector.

"Was I hurt?" I asked.

Three faces slowly turned red.

Uhoh.

"Um ... kinda," confessed Britt.

"Err ... it was an accident," Keirstann argued.

"We dropped you. But it was all Keirstann's fault," Stevie glared.

"Was NOT!" Keirstann exclaimed, "Besides, it was weeks ago."

Nothing quite like the phrase, Weeks ago to change the subject.

"Ah?" I made continuing motions with my strapped in hand, "And?"

It was too late ... they were already out the door and up the ladder. Alone ... I was alone. Tied down and my neck was sore. I did what any red blooded American would do ... I went to sleep.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.