Masi'shen Evolution
Chapter 16: Raven Stroke

Copyright© 2013 by Graybyrd

Marie was isolated in New Zealand with Steve. They could not safely return to the United States. The U.S. administration had declared a code red domestic terrorism alert. Steve was on the no-entry list; he and Marie would be arrested on sight.

Dee'rah and Michael were absolutely prohibited from entry and would be taken as 'enemy combatants.'

Rhys and Martha Jacobs considered themselves wanted by Homeland Security for their role in assisting Michael and the Masi'shen, and for their public role as authoritative commentators on KSL-TV and national TV networks. They remained in hiding together with the elder couple, Marie's grandparents; and with Randy Larkspur, John Hawkswing and his son, James.

The members of the Joseph Band of the Nez Percé were camped under forest cover near Chesaw, Washington, adjacent to the Canadian border. The entire community had fled into hiding following the hate murder of young Jackson Redclay, and the threat of Department of Homeland Security agents taking the tribal leaders for interrogation and detention under material witness warrants. The witness warrants invite governmental abuse of power as a convenient way to take and hold people without criminal charges.

All considered themselves isolated from each other. Steve had repeatedly warned that the U.S. could tap and monitor all forms of communications, domestic and foreign. National intelligence supercomputers worked 24-7 to scan for keywords in a massive flood of intercepted data. He was certain that any and all keywords applicable to themselves, the Masi'shen embassy in Geneva, the tribe, the Jacobs, and probably the LDS Church headquarters in Salt Lake City, were already entered into the search system to flag their cell phone, internet, radio or satellite-linked messages. He dare not even suggest the unique email message coding that he and Rhys had used for many years. The internet IP address codes could betray anyone's hidden location. There was no time to employ 'server hopping' tactics. He was sure the NSA, if determined enough, could unravel even that.

One unassailable resource did remain, however. Marie, Dee'rah, and the elders 'dream spirit' links.


The group of four dream spirits found themselves sitting high on a mountain hillside overlooking the great Salt Lake Valley. They were on the front patio of a luxurious home which had been offered as a safe haven for the Jacobs and their guests. It was a spectacular nighttime view. Stars sparkled in the crystalline air overhead. The lights of Salt Lake City glowed on the valley floor and the foothills.

"We will contact our people in the Chesaw hills when we have agreed on the best course to ensure their safety. Is it premature to ask the Canadian government for asylum?" the elder couple asked.

"That is not necessary," Dee'rah advised. "Michael-mine has already foreseen the necessity and has obtained permission from the Canadian consulate in Ottawa. More precisely, due to the extreme danger from the U.S. authorities, he has been assured that an 'irregular' border crossing from their hidden location is permissible. They have asked for 24-hour notice so a proper protective escort and transportation may be arranged. They advise that the closest facility for their temporary accommodation will be in the city of Penticton."

"Michael should inform the Canadians to expect a border crossing thirty-six hours from now, during the dawning of the day after tomorrow. The news we receive here is most distressing. We expect that a massive search and intercept operation to find and imprison our people will happen as soon as Federal authorities can get their men and equipment into the Colville reservation area. They have decided that the Idaho pow-wow rumor was just that ... a simple ruse to confuse them," the elder man instructed.

"We intend to drive north and join them. It is no longer safe for us to remain here. Rhys and Martha are at great risk, and the manhunt for them is intense. Already, Federal agents have taken a number of church and television employees for interrogation; we feel that the location of our guest house could be revealed soon. A local auto dealer has graciously taken our SUV in exchange for a vehicle that will carry the seven of us with our gear. It has papers that will not link back to us. We will drive secondary roads, and cross with the others in thirty-six hours."

"Be most careful!" Marie pleaded with her grandparents. "Steve advises that you must spend only cash for fuel and other necessities. Under no circumstance use or do anything that will leave a record. Is your health sufficient for the border crossing?"

"Yes, my granddaughter. We are strong and well. The spirits sustain us. And we have strong companions. Do not worry for us. We should worry more for you! Is it your intention to leave New Zealand during this crisis?"

"Most certainly. The only question is where will we be of most assistance ... in Geneva with Michael and Dee'rah, or in Canada where we may be of help to the community?"

"Michael-mine advises that you may wish to join the group in Canada," Dee-rah said. "He believes that Steve and Rhys may be needed to infiltrate into the western states to assist in locating and destroying the nuclear device. We must remember that the interception of that weapon is our paramount purpose, our singular objective!"

"Understood, my sister. Now I must ask: if we find ourselves overwhelmed by circumstance or the over-powering resources of this evil president, has Michael any resources from the Masi'shen that may come to our aid?"

"We struggle with the concepts and applications permissible to us, sister-mine. Michael is most determined to find a way that neither violates Masi'shen prohibitions nor his vow of conscience not to kill again. There is also the concern that Earth's nations might panic if we intervene too visibly. It is a most perplexing problem, but I trust Michael-mine to find a way. There must be a way to stop this threat of nuclear holocaust!"


A few hours after the dream-spirit conference, Marie woke from a nightmare. She was shaking wet with perspiration. Sheets and blankets lay tangled around her. She glanced fearfully about, half-dazed, until she met Steve's watchful gaze.

"I was going to wake you from that nightmare, but you came out of it by yourself. Can you tell me what has you so disturbed?" he asked.

"It is that evil man who is preaching hatred. He is causing death and injury, distress and intimidation of innocents, as we speak. I dreamed of a horrible escalation of violence as his poison spreads. I dreamed that if we did not intercede, a day would soon come when we who could stop him would no longer have the ability, and we would never forgive ourselves!"

"Not have the ability?" Steve exclaimed. "How could that possibly be?"

"I mean, the evil would have gone beyond stopping. I am certain that if we can stop him now, we can limit the spread."

"I'm not sure I believe that," Steve objected. "It seems that he's already stirred up a wildfire of hatred."

"That is true, my love. But in my dream ... it went far beyond that. I saw fanatics and marauding gangs; others rose to oppose them. I saw the nation consumed in strife and violence. No, we must stop him now ... immediately!"


Dee'rah, join me! We must act! I had a most terrible vision and I require your assistance.

Dee'rah saw Marie as Raven Woman. She assumed her Angel Woman form and joined her sister in the spirit link.

"Sister-mine, advise me. What is our purpose?"

"I fear to ask you, sister, for what we must do may cause significant injury, and perhaps even death, to an evil man. I willingly take this burden upon myself but I must warn that you may find this task abhorrent."

"Is it our purpose to kill this evil person?"

"No, of course not. But his death may occur after we change him."

"I find the thought distressing, but if there is true evil in this person, and I will not be the direct cause of his death, I accept it. Michael-mine has taught me much by his example. 'Mercy to the wolf is injustice to the sheep' is a most useful guide. What must we do?"

"Join me. It will become obvious."


Chase Evans McClayne of the God in Glory Church of the Primal Revelation was preparing for the most auspicious appearance yet in his meteoric rise as a national celebrity. His wealth had mushroomed beyond belief; he couldn't live long enough to spend it. He a virtual empire of broadcast resources lay at his disposal. Plans were in place to go worldwide with his ministry.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.