Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 141

I figured that he might be ready to call a truce, but I was still going to go around tooled up and looking in the shadows. When I got the box to the room, I used a wash cloth from the bathroom to clean the blood from the box. Since it was junkie blood, I should have been a little concerned, but since I already had a mouthful of junkie blood, I didn't bother to wear gloves.

I did use an antiseptic mouth rinse several times. I even drank some of it. Maybe it will kill something the stomach acid didn't, I thought. I knew that oral sex wasn't as risky as vaginal or anal sex for HIV transmission, but still there was the chance. I made a note to get tested in a week or so.

I opened the box and laid out my fancy stuff. I sat at the table and read Wilson's instructions. Because of my desire not to have a computer filled with trace evidence, Wilson had sent me one of the burner laptops with Lenox Puppy on it. He also included a 50gb thumb drive to store the information. Almost nothing went onto the hard drive while using that arrangement. He also had the website listed which hosted the cameras. I had no idea how it all worked, but I did know that Wilson used to go to the site to review the files.

The GPS was setup on my larger laptop. I had no idea how it worked either but I followed some fancy directions and I had the maps and blips ready to go. Better yet his file of the twenty license plate numbers was on the thumb drive.

Of the plate owners most didn't have any digital footprint at all. A couple had some burglary charges. My guess was those were the source of Evan's thefts. I still hand no idea how the phantom operation worked. But I was pretty sure I would know before too much longer.

I went back to reading files and background information on everyone involved. Wilson's background said Evans didn't exist until five years ago. Not that he wasn't in any file but that he didn't exist. His social security number and drivers license were both issued five years previously. That was strange even for a scam artist. At least the fact that Wilson couldn't link him back to anything else was strange. Wilson was very good at that shit.

"It's like he was born five years ago at age fifty," Wilson said when I got him on the phone.

"I know it's a lot to ask, but go back about a year before he showed up on the records. Then run the facial recognition software against the newspaper trial pictures," I suggested.

"You thinking he is the victim or the perpetrator?" Wilson asked.

"Witness protection," I replied.

"Then it would have to be high profile. Shouldn't take too long," Wilson said.

"Don't take that for granted you know they may have altered his appearance," I suggested. "Email me the results. Yes I know emails can be recovered forever."

After midnight that night I drove by the plant. I found the gate guard shack empty. I drove down the road a hundred yards then returned to the plant with a backpack stuffed with two web cameras. I placed one with a few of the dock and one with a view of the gate.

After I set the camo solar panel I walked back to my car and drove it home. I slept very little that night as I kept returning to the site that monitored my cameras. finally about 3AM I fell asleep.

I rode the bike at seven the next morning. I rode it over to the plant to check the day shift in. There were about the same number of cars as before. Without confirmation that Evans was in the witness protection program, I have very little to go on. I decided that it might be time I met one of the two guys who had a brush with the law. Both were burglars which in itself seemed strange.

I wondered if maybe they had done time with Evans under a different name. I sent Wilson an email requesting a check on their prisons and then facial recognition on Evans.

Meantime I went to meet the smaller of the two. I followed him to a bar where he had a drink. Just to keep it above suspicion, I hung out in the bar, but left alone. I made sure he noticed me before I left. I might return someday and make myself available. But only if I tailed him to the same bar again. I knew it would have to look like his idea or it might all come tumbling down.

I had time to slip into the chat room again. I had been there about ten minutes when I saw the window pop up.

GS: Well hello lady in blue. How was your day?

Me: boring ... How about yours?

GS: also boring.

Me: well tonight I have some work to do, so I won't be here very long.

GS: well thats too bad. Are you going to be doing anything fun?

Me: no just paperwork, but it has to be done.

GS: I'll bet you write a wicked update. I expect people are just dying to read them.

Me: Yeah I probably should be working on one of those. Well got to run details wait for no one.

Girl scout: whether or not she was Happy reminded me the senator expected updates regularly. I wrote a report detailing all the things I had done, but not explaining exactly how I did them. I had to keep Wilson out of the jackpot, if they managed to nail me for something.

"In reviewing the files from the night and day since the camera went into the grass outside the fence. It looked as thought the Electric Car Company received equipment during the daylight hours. Then a truck about half the size of a tractor trailer came in at night empty and left loaded. The driver did the loading, so I had a feeling he was an employee.

I was interested to see the next twenty four hours of file footage. What would happen I could only guess. I guessed that nothing much would happen for a few days. I also wanted to know what went on inside the plant. That meant I was going to have to break into the plant and leave some shit behind. Before I broke in, I wanted to find a floor plan of the plant.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.