Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 137

"It's possible but this time it is to shut down a company, who is milking the taxpayer like their own personal cash cow." The senator said. "We need to get evidence against them and you can do it."

"I can't do an undercover operation without a lot of back up and I frankly don't have it. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to decline the job," I said into the phone.

"Let me say this one thing to you, Electric Motorcar Company." The senator said.

"Why do you think that would interest me?" I said.

"Someone told me you refused to work for Mr. Evans," the senator said. "I'm going to send my aide down there to talk to you. You will recognize the aide from you last trip. I don't expect you will wan't to be seen in Washington with me."

"You know I met with Evans?" I asked.

"You don't have to be working in the plant to get the goods on Evans," he said. "Just talk to Gilmore."

"Sure, but I doubt I will change my mind," I said.

"It will give us a chance to use our frequent flier miles, so it's no loss," he said.

The next day in the afternoon Happy Gilmore came to town. Happy was a Gorgeous Blond, very tall with porcelain skin. She was what every little girl hoped to look like when she grew up. When she graduated Harvard Law school, she could have been either a Victoria Secret model or a lawyer. She chose to be a politician's aide which was a little of both I supposed.

"Well if it isn't Hilary aka Happy Gilmore?" I asked.

"So it is Sylvia you skinny ass bitch," she said and hugged me.

"So the man sent you to talk me into doing his dirty work again?" I asked.

"You were well paid last time," said reminding me that I walked off with the ransom money.

"Yeah, but I have to buy my own health insurance," I said smiling. "That really does a number under Obama care."

"Come on I'll be your controller it will be fun," she said.

"Happy a congressional investigation could take months. It isn't likely to be solved in a few days which is what I am used to. I have a business to run here." I said.

"Come on, there is nothing here you can't delegate to someone who lives down here," she observed.

"It isn't that simple," I replied. The look she gave me told me she would never let go of it.

"It is that simple. If it was six months ago and it was the Swamp Dog you would find a way," she said. It was the ultimate argument.

"But you aren't Swamp Dog and it isn't six months ago," I said. "Happy I don't need the money, why should I do it?" I asked.

"Because you need to work and this is important," she said. "It was never about the money for you. It was always about the challenge. I know, because I'm the same way. We can do this and shove it right up the FBI's nose."

"Happy, I'm going to regret this I know, but okay give me a week to close down here and I'll meet you in Stanleyville Tn on the 10th. The closest McDonald's to the center of town at 2pm." I said.

"How do you know you can do that? You don't have a airline schedule." she said.

"I won't be flying. The McDonald's will be easy to find," I explained. "After I go under it might be harder to arrange a meeting, so lets make this one meaningless to an observer. There is no reason anyone will be watching either of us at the moment. We will have to make some arrangements. I'll set it up and let you know what is what. Be prepared to brief me with all you know, and all you want to know. You have ten days Happy, if you change your mind, it's a no harm, no foul till the last day. If you wait too long then I expect to be paid."

"You will be paid, so I meet you in McDonald's and we set up the protocols for the transfer of information?" she asked.

"Yes," I said to her. "Just hold on till I clean up here and then I'll see what I can do about the Electric Car scam."

"So, I can tell the Senator you are on board," she asked.

"Yeah, but we need a strategy. I'm going to be working on that over the next ten days," I said. I also intended to work at putting what was left of my plans on auto pilot.

"Brit, I'm going to do a little job for a friend in Washington," I said it when I got to the pub.

"I hope you mean Washington on the west coast, not that swamp where the capitol is," he said.

"I'm afraid not, but I won't be working in Washington, so there is some saving grace," I said.

"So what do you need us to do," Jeremy asked. He knew that I was heavily involved in the revitalization of the 'Bayview Block Arts Center' as I had come to thing of it.

"I'm going to have to put it on hold for a while. I can get EZ to pick up the rents, if I have any trouble. I certainly don't expect any. I will get the bookkeeping service to inform EZ if there is." I said.

"You know I can handle it," The Brit said.

"Yes but EZ won't have to cooperate with them the next day," I said.

"That is true," Jeremy said. "You haven't forgotten those window ornaments have you?"

"No Jeremy I promise I will start on them when I leave here. Don't take anymore orders for the decorator things till I get back," I explained. Just like the old man enterprises, Jeremy had begun to process my web orders.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.