Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 97

We were in the truck headed back when Wilson said, "Well I will be damned."

"What?" I asked.

"It's the ideal thing for us," he said.

"So what is it," I asked.

"It's a little floating platform in the water. It's got molded places for motors and seats. Pull over next spot and take a look." Wilson demanded.

What he showed me was a kind of a floating fishing platform from Walmart, of all places. It would support Wilson and me but not a lot more. I wasn't planning to carry anyone else, or even a lot of fishing tackle. Wilson wanted to fish, so we were going to fish. Since I had the plane it would be Wilson's toy.

"Well they say it will fit in the back of a truck. That it will take a lot of abuse, and best of all it under five hundred bucks. So we can buy this, a trolling motor, plus all the rods and shit we need for under a grand. So get on the phone and see if they have one in stock at the Ellisboro store," I demanded.

After the call Wilson said, "They don't have one in stock, but we can order it and get free delivery to the store. We can unpack it in the parking lot, if it's okay we can just load it up on the truck and bring it home."

"Okay order it and get an electric trolling motor and a couple of paddles. When we go there we can pick up the fishing poles and other crap." I said.

With that settled, Wilson put his energy back into the Bed and Breakfast. I looked at it as a chance to get The Brit and Jeremy down for a visit. He could see how things were in New Wales, and we could pick his brain about the hotel bar business. If I played my cards right I could use it as an excuse for further trips. It was a total win, win situation. I just had to wait until Wilson got the numbers together, so he wouldn't know the real reason for my enthusiasm.

While I waited I checked the email. I had one from the colonel. It was about a body guard gig for some college girls in New Jersey. There going on an archaeological dig for a short time in Mexico. Since I had been there before, the colonel thought of me. He asked if I was interested in joining a team to guard them.

I hit reply and gave it some though before I wrote the reply. Mexico was a dangerous place, and the rich American girls were prime kidnap material, so it made sense to hire the bodyguards. Why the Swamp Dog was another question. Most likely one of the girls was a Politician's daughter.

I wrote, 'Sure I'm getting a little bored here. When do we start?'

One of the reason's the Colonel like to use me was I was willing to leave on a moment's notice. He played everything close to his vest till, he was ready to go then he assembled the team and got us underway. The less we knew, and the shorter the amount of time we held the information, the less likely that there would be a breach of security. The Colonel was known for his tight security.

'Start driving to the Swamp right now. I will assemble the rest of the team and you will leave from here for New Jersey, ' The reply said. I assumed I would be spending the night in the swamp.

'How long will it really be?' I wrote back.

You are going to be in the jungle for a while pack accordingly. We will have tools waiting for you in Mexico.

I'll be on the way within the hour, I wrote back. It was 7PM so I could be in the swamp by 10PM at the latest. First I had to tell Wilson I was headed to Mexico, and I might be out of touched for a while.

"Wilson you are going to love this, I am going to be gone for a few weeks. I am leaving you with 50k just in case something comes along that can't wait till I get back. Use you own discretion and I will back you up right or wrong." I promised.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"I'm going to Mexico," I said.

"What are you going to do down there," he asked.

"I'm going to watch over a bunch of college kids. You go ahead and take over collecting the boat and the other crap from WalMart. I am sure they will help you load it onto the truck. You can probably get someone in the marina to help take it off the truck or you could just wait till I get back. I'm going to take the Honda up to meet my boss. I'm driving it only because I want you to have the truck for the boat," I explained.

"I still have my little car in case I need to go some where I'm not comfortable driving the truck. Especially if I can't get the boat off loaded till you get back," he said.

"Very well do what you have to do," I said. After I spoke to Wilson I took the half duffel into the bedroom and put all my clean underwear in it. I also put in all my clean green tee shirts and all my baggy pants. Of course I loaded in the plastic package of boot socks which had never been opened. The package contained a half dozen white socks. I was careful not to load any weapons.

Before I pulled the parka over my head I slipped on the upside down shoulder holster. After the parka was in place. I added the .22 mag pistol with the six round cylinder and filed barrel. I liked to have a little bit of home with me when I visited the swamp. I would have to leave it either there or at the airport, but I wanted it for the drive at least. I pulled out of the parking lot at 7:30PM. I drove the hundred miles west into the heart of the great dismal swamp. I pulled onto the unmarked road which led to the camp.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.