Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 73

"So, let's see if we can buy it." I said to the deacon before I walked back to the seller.

"Well sir my friend drove your truck and said this particular model with that engine and transmission configuration is due for work," I said.

"Some others have said something similar. I think it is a tactic to beat me down." He said.

"Well, if you aren't willing to negotiate, I'm sorry I wasted your time," I said.

"So what did you have in mind?" he asked.

"Frankly I would feel comfortable buying it at $65,000. My bookkeeper has been told to be ready to expect to make transfer to your account this afternoon." I said.

"Lady I have turned $65,000 down twice already," he said.

"Well then you know it is a fair price for the wrecker. I have made you a reasonable offer in keeping with the market. So what we get down to negotiate this deal and be done with it?" I asked. "You wan't seventy five and I think it's worth sixty five so were is a place we could meet and both be unhappy?"

"Okay I'll come down two hundred," he said.

"And I'll go up two," I said.

"$70,000 and I'll feel like you screwed me, but better you than those other guys," he said.

"You drive a hard bargain, but I'll do it," I said.

After that it was take care of the legalities. The money movement was the easy part. I ran around getting things changed. I had three phone calls to Rita before it was all settled. It was also after five when I finished, so the deal would still a trip to the dmv the next day before it was settled.

"EZ this is Sylvia sorry to miss you, but I have paid for the Wrecker, so you can pick it up tomorrow and take it to your place. The paperwork will be done by noon. I just have some papers for you to sign, so stop by here and get the keys some time in the afternoon tomorrow," I said.

I hung up and went into the office to see Wilson. "So Willie, how many did the bastard pickup at Marshal's," I asked.

"Apparently he doesn't repeat that often. The only other one I found from Marshal's was three year before. The guy had hair in that one. The victim did say he was big though. Hell that was all she could remember. He was a big man," he said.

"So, you mean tall and strong large or... ?" I left it open.

"It was the or something else," Wilson admitted.

"Did anyone else mention that," I asked.

"It was a part of the description of all but Dana," Wilson said. "She was also the most foggy about everything. She might not have noticed."

"Or she might have been embarrassed and remembered it later. She had received such lousy treatment no wonder she didn't bother to call back." I said. "There might be other things after all. You up for a road trip?" I asked.

"Tomorrow?" he asked.

"Probably the day after. You need to find exactly where she is living now," I demanded. "While you do that, I'll go get take out." I said.

"Are you kidding there is no take out here," he said.

"Well not as much as the plaza, but there isn't that much highway traffic to pump up sales."I said.

"I really would like a McDonald's hamburger," Wilson said.

"I can get you a cookout burger. They are pretty good," I said.

"I know but they aren't McDonald's. Okay get me two of their little burgers with onions," Wilson demanded.

"Fair enough," I said as I walked out of the office and headed to the cookout hamburger stand on the beach. As long as there was one place that served a decent burger, I wasn't likely to go into the restaurant business. There were plenty of upscale restaurants. There were two pizza take out, and one of them had a dining room as well. The other delivered and the quality was the same. I could live without the rest I guessed.

The burgers were inside the greasy bag when I walked onto the dock headed for the barge. I wasn't sure what to expect, because I noticed EZ's fancy pickup truck in the parking lot. Wilson's head popped out of the office as I walked by it. "Your boyfriend is here," Wilson said.

"Oh okay," I said as I turned to go into the office.

"I'll take these," Wilson said headed onto the barge with our dinner. I nodded and continued on into the office.

"So I guess I wasn't clear. I can't have your paperwork ready till around noon tomorrow." I said.

"I know, I just came by to tell you how much I appreciate this. If you ever need anything or just want to talk please call me. I promise I will be all business, if anyone is around no matter what happens between us." he explained.

"EZ nothing is going to happen hon. I'm going to help you because you seem like a good guy, who needs a break. Please don't read anything else into it." Now I need to lock up, and my burger is getting cold. Be available tomorrow afternoon. I'll call as soon as I have the paperwork complete."

"Okay, I am sorry. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your helping me out." he said.

"Duly noted," I said as I escorted him out.

"What did the hulk want?" Wilson asked.

"He wanted to say thanks for the wrecker. You will see him again tomorrow, when he comes to sign the paperwork and get the keys. After he does, we can head out to find Dana. You do know where we need to look?" I asked.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.