Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 63

I wasn't surprised several things happened over the next few days. None of them were especially exciting or loathsome. They were really just interesting.

The weekend passed with nothing much happening, except I got to ride my trike and wear by bikini. I did not wear the bikini while riding the trike though. Drivers got distracted enough by the me on the trike. I surely didn't need them running over me while gawking at my skinny ass.

On Monday morning before Wilson got his sorry ass out of bed, a package came fed-ex I have never heard of the Savoy restaurant in Martinsville Va. So I had no idea why they would be sending me a package. It was heavy for it's size, and it rattled so it didn't seem like a bomb. Nonetheless I planned to use great care in opening it. Whenever Wilson got a new toy, he showed it to me with great enthusiasm. Such was the case with the video camera on the end of a wire which we acquired a few weeks previously.

It would be a chance for him to use it on the box, so I woke him. He came to life reasonably quickly. He was in just a white tee shirt and shorts, when he came to sit on the deck, which ran around on top of the barge houseboat.

"Take a look, do you think it is worth using your video camera on a string?" I asked.

"Most likely not, but you have to use them, if you buy them. I'll take it to the office," he said.

"No you want. You will get me the camera and explain how to use it, then you will go to breakfast till I am finished with it," I demanded.

"You have no patience Sylvia, but as you wish." I followed him to the office where he laid out all the crap I would need. He also told me where I should enter the box. just in case it was a bomb of some kind. "You want to cut a hole with this box opener about the size of a dime. Then you carefully insert the camera. If there is anything in there you don't recognize or a it's a bunch of wires, we call the cops," Wilson said.

"If it goes bang, you call my friends first, then the cops. You also do whatever they tell you to do," I informed him. Then I motioned for him to leave. I gave him time to get to one of the containers on the Barge, then I cut the hole. I couldn't manipulate the contents of the box but I got a good look. The box was filled with money. At least what I could see of it. The Miami man had sent cash and why wouldn't he. All his money needed cleaning and he knew I understood it. I packed the little camera back up and cut the tape on the box.

Once I walked out the door carrying the box with the top open Wilson came out to meet me. "What was it," he asked.

I didn't answer till I got close. "Cash," I said quietly. I know you are probably still in cop mode, so you don't have to take any." I said.

"How much is there?" Wilson asked.

"It looks like about ten grand," I said.

"Which would make your cut about three thousand, after expenses. I would have to get the bookkeeper's notes but I will gladly advance you three grand right now," I said.

"Gee I haven't been paid in over a week, and that was only thirty odd k. How will I ever live on that till we can do a full accounting." he said. "I have such a large nut to crack these days.

"Well this is a little different. It is dirty cash, so would you take four and I'll run the expenses against the next job. And be careful how you spend it," I warned him.

After the money arrived, I decided it was time for a vacation of sorts. First thing I did was talk to Wilson. "Wilson I'm going to go on vacation," I said.

"Where you going?" he asked.

"I think I have decided to fly airplanes. I'm going to find a flight school. I'm sure I can get into one with no flying experience. Well I have flown commercial as a passenger a few times." I said. Best I can figure, if I go to the school all day everyday it will take me about two weeks to get a license for a small plane. I am going to call a guy I know who does fly, Just to see if I can get the name of a good flight school. One that will give me a crash course." I saw his curious look so I added, "I have been thinking about this for a while."

"Are you sure about this? Flying around in a small plane can be dangerous," Wilson informed me.

"Sitting around on the deck out there can be dangerous. When you number come up, and the man call it out, it ain't gonna be for a whopper and fries," I explained.

"I have no fucking idea what that means, but I could use the two weeks off," he said.

"I can walk away from the school half finished and come back to finish it later I'm sure. If anything interesting comes up, you have my cell number." I informed him. He just nodded so I called the swamp.

"Hey this is Sylvia. I need to talk to your pilot," I said.

"Sylvia honey I'm going to have to give you his number. He doesn't work for us, he is a contractor," the receptionist said.

I made two more calls before I got him. "Damn Issac, you are hard as hell to find," I said.

"I am unless you want to hire a pilot, then I'm easy, if the price is right," he said with a laugh.

"Well Issac, I just need advice, today." I said.

"Oh Miss PI, what is it you want to know?" he asked.

"So you heard," I said.

"I flew you to Washington remember?" He said.

"I can't remember saying I was a PI." I replied.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.