Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 57

After I the call to the swamp, thing just fell into a slow steady march to completion. Then things got boring for me, but Wilson found all kinds of things to keep himself busy. A lot of it was spending my money, but he could always justify it.

It took two agonizingly slow weeks before anything from the swamp came along. When it did, Colonel Martin said, "You need to go to Washington right away. You will be meeting with Senator Devon and his staff. It will be good for us to have him owe us a favor, plus he is willing to pay you anything, if you are successful."

"And how do we measure success?" I ask.

"If you can make his problem go away as if it never happened, and no one finds out that it ever happened," Martin said. "He is a flaming liberal, if it gets sticky try to remember that. Sometimes it's better if the clients don't see the small print."

"Wonderful," I said. "So I can't count on him having my back?"

"He will throw you too the wolves first, and figure out later how to spin it so that he is a hero." Martin said.

"Do I go to capitol city for a flight?" I asked.

"No, you are going to need to go up in our plane. Chose your luggage carefully there won't be room for more than one bag. It should have all the things you need for the assignment." he informed me. "There is a grass covered field that should be suitable about 12 miles north of town. Of course there is no tower, so there will be no records. We will be wheels down in two hours, so you should be there ready to leave. I'm sending the GPS coordinates."

"Wilson wake up," I said as I knocked on his door. "We have a job. From now till I get back be standing by the computer, okay?"

"Of course," he said. "I could go with you. I might be of some help."

"I'm sure you would be, but it is time to try out all this fancy electronics you talked me into buying," I said.

"Okay, I'll be your stay at home Dr. Watson," he said and laughed. I packed three pairs of jeans and five tee shirts in the half duffel bag. Several pairs of panties and a few over blouses. Then I put in Both revolvers and I carried the derringer. It was going to be an interesting trip, I thought.

I hugged Wilson goodbye then remembered I would have no way to get the truck home. "Wilson, you are going to have to go with me to bring the truck home."

"Well the hug was nice, even if it was premature. I'm a guy who likes lots of hugs,. Of course hugging you is a lot like hugging a guy," he said. I slapped him playfully as I lugged the duffel bag out to the truck. The drive was no more than fifteen minutes but finding the right field took a little longer. The field was grass, but it had a garage off to one side and a wind sock flying atop the garage. That made it somebody's runway. Wilson sat in the truck with me until the light two seater aircraft landed. "Will you be okay in that thing? It looks like a go cart with wings." Wilson commented.

"More like a covered golf cart with wings, but the pilot is important to someone. I'm sure it's fine. Pray for me," I demanded.

"Oh I will. You have all your toys?" he asked.

"Yea love, I have them all," I said.

"Don't call me love. You know it makes me horny," Wilson said. The town of New Wales had brought him to life. I didn't know which one of his new female friends he was screwing, nor did I want to know.

The pilot loaded my one large bag into the rear storage compartment and the Colonel had been right there was no other room. I couldn't have squeezed one more pair of bikini panties in and had the bag fit.

"You flying me all the way to D.C." I asked.

"Yes ma'am, We should be there in under three hours if we get a favorable wind." he said. We were wheels up by noon and on the ground by three thirty. Small planes like that weren't all that much faster than a car, but there were no traffic jams or speed limits along the way.

We rolled to the general aviation area of the Dulles Airport. A limo driver was on the tarmac to meet me. "Ms Porter." he said holding the door for me. I slipped into the rear. There was of course a very prissy man inside waiting for me.

"Edgar Price, I'm Senator Devon's aid," he said.

"Okay, so when do I meet the man," I asked.

"I'm sorry that won't be possible," the aid said.

"Then would you drive me to the main terminal. I need to rent a car. I'm going back home." I meant it too. I wasn't about to take a chance that someone had just hijacked his name. I didn't want this all to be part of some plot to use me. This was after all DC anything devious was not just possible it was the norm.

"All you need to know is here," the prissy guy said handing me a small video play with an ear plug.

"Hello Ms Porter, you come highly recommended. I am glad to have you. For obvious reasons I can meet with you. My aid Mr. Price will fill you in. If you have any questions ask him, or call me at any time."

"Will that and this suffice," Price asked handing me an envelope filled with cash. "It isn't enough," I said without even looking inside. "This cloak and dagger shit doesn't come cheap. The price is 25K and I can't guarantee the results you all want."

"That's a bit much. How about the 10k in the envelope and the other 15k when it is settled. You will be paid you have my word. I'm sure the senator is either listening or you will call him, so I want his word not yours.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.