Sheriff Porter - Cover

Sheriff Porter

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

Chapter 12

"Now that you are a big boss how you liking it," I asked her when she came on the line.

"I don't. Especially when one of my agents fucks up as bad as Morris. There is something personal going on with her. She can hate you as much as she pleases Sylvia, what she can not do is try to bully you. I would never allow that with anyone, especially with someone who can not be bullied. If she want's to play whose is bigger, there is no place for her in the SBI administration. She can be a field investigator, not a case manager. Now that said, I never said that. Your DA presented any alternative to getting a court order to release a suspect. Which would just about guarantee he gets burned. Our man gets even more street credit, when he jumps bail and you get the star for bringing him in."

"I know you are trying to put oil on the water. I get it Agent Mission, but that's not why I called. I wanted to call to see, if you will make a raid for me, if I give you some really good information in another county. It is a big time meth operation. I don't exactly know the details right now, but it is supposed to be a biggie. We got from a dealer, not some junkie. It's gonna be out of my jurisdiction." I said.

"You give it to me and I promise you Morris won't go near it. If you want, I'll credit you with the information," she promised.

"Oh no, call it an anonymous tip," I said. "But if you fuck it up, I will burn you."

"Wouldn't have it any other way. You gonna call back when your man gives you the details?" She asked.

"You bet," I said. I planned to give her the information and then hold her personally responsible for the time lag and any leaks. She should know that, I thought. It took more than two hours for the DA to set the deal and Snoz to give it up.

"Super agent Mission," I said when she answered. "I have a street dealer who cut a deal with our DA to give up a Meth distribution point. Now what else is there he doesn't know, but they were active last week and didn't look like they planned to move it. He was personally there and picked up his supplies there. He would ordinarily not be that far up the loop but there was a glitch in the cutout he normally used.

It a free standing building that was a restaurant before the economic downturn." Then I gave her the address and hung up. Just two old friends sharing information. Now she owed me personally, I figured.

The bust made the national news. Mostly because they supplied the whole southeast with meth. They had drug couriers coming and going 24/7. Why nobody reported the activity from a close restaurant was questionable, but the SBI was Johnny on the spot to make the bust. Some because it was a feather in their cap, and some because I knew about it, so they had to do something.

Funny thing though the operation was self contained. When they hit the warehouse the owner was already on the run. At least that's how it looked to me. He was most likely retired back to his home in South America. Nobody had to die, because they only knew the owner of the franchise, and he was in the wind. So everybody rolled on him and nobody really cared that they did.

I expected word to get out concerning who gave them up, but nobody would really care. The dope they lost was just a cost of doing business. The employees belonged to the franchisee, so they would be replaced. Well when the new franchise holder blew into town anyway. I knew how it worked. I wasn't a virgin. I had once been in the drug business as a courier.

The truth is we just did it for the publicity. It helped us get more money for new cars and more toys. How the public saw us was really important to keep the money flowing.

I went home after we made our public statement. I was about the bust of the man who sold Rosie the drugs. How he had furnished the name of a major drug operation covering the whole area.

"So what you gonna do now that it's all over," Eddie asked.

"I'm going home and sleep for a month," I said.

"Well there is one more thing you might want to take care of before you shut down for the next couple of days," he said handing me a small DVD box.

"Anything good on it," I asked.

"More of the same old shit. Porn from a anonymous source that could be anybody. Now if I sent it to the SBI computer service, they might could clean it up. I'm giving it to you I didn't want to waste the money on it." Eddie said.

"Tell you what Eddie, you keep it. If you ever want to have it enhanced, I'll approve it." I said.

"I bet this would make a great target on the range, but I think I'll do this instead," he said breaking it in half, well almost in half. I knew that I could not go see that club owner and Kara because of my position. I sincerely doubted the Brit had those same concerns.

"Brit, I need some advice," I said.

"Oh really, what kind of advice?" he asked.

"Well I did something stupid just before I ran for Sheriff the second time. I made five minutes of porn, it is really rough. If it hits the net nobody can tell who it is. The quality is that bad. But I wouldn't want someone with a good computer to get hold of it," I explained. "No telling what they could do with it.

"And who has control of this masterpiece now?" he asked.

"Remember the manager of the strip club in Abbottsville? He and Kara have it. Who else has a copy I'm not sure. It would really look bad, if I tried to get it back now." I said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.