Sheriff Porter
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2013 by carniegirl

"Damn that pisses me off," I said while he was still standing there attentive.

"What that he is so smug," Eddie asked.

"No that he thought I was a man," I replied. Eddie broke out laughing.

"Well now that you mention it Sheriff," he said.

"Careful I can't fire him, but I can you," I said. "You don't have a union."

We were in a good mood while Wilson directed the search so that the people stayed out of his way. The lab had first priority while looking for evidence of a crime, any crime.

An hour later found us in the court house basement and in the interrogation room, which doubled as Eddie's office. He had an office twice the size of mine, but it had an interview table on one side, which mine didn't.

At that table is where we all sat. There was me, Eddie, and the suspect, one Roman Nevada. I threw his rap sheet on the table. "You have been a bad boy Roman. A drug dealer in middle management, that makes you a felony drug dealer, also felony stupid. We are gonna toss you in a holding cell in our little jail, while we pick up another stupid asshole." I said. "You might want to think about cooperating while we are gone."

"I want my phone call," he said with that smirk again.

Eddie and I went out to pick up 'The Snoz'. The Snoz was a low level drug dealer. We followed the same procedure. He had a small house trailer in a rural area of the county. We kept an eye out at the end of his drive for anything unusual but nothing moved till Eddie got to the house.

We crashed the door and went in. Snoz had a sawed off in his hand when Eddie and I went through the door. I went through first and screamed, "Down asshole," I think I confused him. The shotgun wasn't pointed at me but if he swung it in my direction I planned to light his ass up. He chose to drop it and put his hands on his head. Eddie got him into the corner of the small living room and cuffed him.

"You have the right to remain silent, and you have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning. Do you understand these rights as I have read them to you?"

"I know my rights," Snoz said.

"You obviously missed the one that says you have the right die while holding and illegal fire arm. You are alive right now only because I bagged my limit for the year already." I said.

The guys found a small amount of Meth in a drawer by his bed. There were about ten bundles and that made it felony weight. There was going to be room to deal on the sawed off shotgun. That one was a mandatory federal prison term.

We went back to the station feeling a little better. We had to slimy dealers off the streets even, if they would be replaced by two more tomorrow night. Roman Nevada had the big guns waiting for us, when we got back to the station. Well Morris of the SBI wasn't all that big a gun, but she was there for him.

"Sheriff congratulations you just busted a two year drug operation we had going in Warren county She was livid.

"Lower your voice, or get the hell out of this office," I said. "Which one of these drug dealers was yours, and what the fuck are you doing running an operation in my county without alerting someone?" I said.

"It is an elected office you hold, how the fuck do we know who will be sheriff." she said. Then she added, "You are a case in point."

"Listen you little shit, if you are accusing me of something bring it the fuck on. Otherwise you get your ass out of my office, and wait till you pretend cop comes to arraignment to tell it to the fucking judges."

"You are going to hold a policemen in you fucking jail," she screamed. It looked as though she might have a stroke.

"I am at least going to hold him till you give me some respect, and some cooperation, or until I can get him before a judge, who will sign an order to release him. Of course you can wake up the DA, and a judge to sign an order to force me to release him. If at that time he gives us any mouth, I will arrest him on an unrelated charge, and force him to post bail and come back here to answer for it. That goes for you as well agent Morris. Now either cooperate or get the hell out of here and call the DA."

She stormed out which was what I expected. I sat behind my desk and fumed. I knew I shouldn't have acted the way I did, but she shouldn't have acted that way either. She as much as said the SBI was never going to cooperate with me. That suited me just fine, there was nothing I needed them to do, that I couldn't find someone else to do.

It looked as though Wilson was about to get his desired move of out forensic work to the university research lab. There might be lots of other changes as well. I could probably recruit my own volunteer tac squad. Ones that wouldn't be so damn concerned with a armed hostage takers right to live. I could see a hell of a lot of time saved. I could see the men in black, dressed in full body armor, calmly walked into a mall and shoot some asshole dead. Or better still two snipers across the mall hidden in a retail store among the ladies underwear. The first sniper shot would be to break the glass windows, the second following immediately would be to make an organ donor of the son of a bitch.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.