Walkabout
Chapter 16

Copyright© 2013 by Anthony Concept

"But the booking was for two rooms, not a double."

"I'm sorry Mr Watson, but I didn't take the booking, I can only go on what's on the computer."

"Well can we have separate rooms then?"

"Unfortunately no, all rooms are booked out due to the big Martin's family reunion."

"Damn. Is there another hotel nearby?"

"Again, unfortunately no, we're the only one in town."

"Damn, what do we do now Jane?"

"We'll take it miss, it's either that or sleep in the park Tony, I'm a bit past it to do that."

The room was mediocre to say the least, a double bed with side tables, a couple of hard back chairs and a wardrobe. At least it had an on suite.

I gave Donna a call. "There's been a stuff up with the room bookings love, they gave us a double and there's no more vacancies."

"Errr, that could have been my fault Tony, I was a bit rushed when I made the booking. Looks like you'll have to make the best of it; how's Jane taking it?"

"She doesn't seem too perturbed."

"She's a pretty lonely woman Tony, when I stayed with her after Ray's death we had a lot of girl talk; it's been a long time since she's had some TLC. I'm not saying you should jump her bones, just use your own common sense."

"Donna, I'm lost for words. Are you sure that we are that strong as to allow others into our love life? I know Tess wormed her way into it. Thankfully she has Andy to distract her now, if anything happens between Jane and me I don't envisage it as a long term thing; in fact I'm very reluctant to stretch the boundaries."

"Just use your own judgement Tony, I'm quite happy with that. I don't think Jane would be looking for anything long term, just a release, maybe as a means of putting Ray to rest and moving on."

"Donna, you're one in a million, I'm scared I'll do something to spoil what we have."

"There's no fear of that from me love, what we have is very strong, just be careful with Jane. We can talk when you get back."

Wow, what an amazing woman.

...

"I'm going to grab a shower and tidy myself up Tony, would you be a dear and arrange for dinner somewhere?"

I called the desk, the same girl informed me it might be difficult to get a booking given the family reunion. "I'll talk to a friend at the restaurant and see if they can fit you in, it's the least I can do considering the booking problem. I'll call you back in a few minutes."

A few minutes later the phone rang, "Yes, they have a table for seven o'clock, just tell them that Erin sent you. Have nice evening."

After Jane finished tizzying up I had a quick shower and changed into something a bit more formal than a track suit. Jane's ensemble was smart but not overstated. We took a quiet stroll around town until it was time for the restaurant. On mentioning Erin's name we were made very welcome.

"Erin's quite upset there was a mistake with the booking and hopes we can smooth things out a bit."

"Thanks, it's obvious it wasn't her fault, so let's just get on with living."

The meal was very nice, country cooking, nothing fancy by some master chef that looked better than it tasted and costing an arm and a leg. We enjoyed a bottle of wine and had a very pleasant evening. Back in our room we found that Erin or someone from reception had placed a bottle of wine and two glasses on the bedside table.

"Tony, I hope you don't mind, but I intend on getting a bit tipsy tonight, it's been quite a while since I let my hair down and this is a good opportunity. God knows, I need it."

"Go for it Jane, we both have been under a fair bit of stress lately."

Jane went into the bathroom and did what women do, coming out wearing a flannel night dress. "Bathroom's free Tony, excuse the granny wear, didn't expect to be entertaining tonight."

"Not a worry love, I usually sleep in my jocks, hope you don't mind." When I finished my ablutions Jane had poured us a glass of wine and was half way through hers.

"Drink up Tony, don't feel bashful about the shorts, that's all Ray ever wore to bed."

We propped ourselves up with pillows and chatted away, nothing important until...

"When Donna stayed with me Tony, we talked about a lot of things, some quite personal. I told her of my love life, or lack of it since Ray's stroke. She mentioned your mate Jack, I think it slipped out before she realised what she was saying. Don't think bad of me, but was she telling the truth?"

"Whooee! How do I answer that one? "Yes I do have an implant and I do call him Hydraulic Jack and as tipsy as we are I know you are wanting to see him."

"Yep, right on the money Tony, I hope I'm not embarrassing you." Giggle.

"Yes you are Jane, but we've come this far so we may as well go on. But please. 'What happens in Dodge stays in Dodge' OK?"

'"Silly, that's get out of Dodge, you mean Reno or something like that. Anyway let's have a look at this wonder wang."

"I think we're getting a little pissy here Jane."

"Yep." With that she pulled my shorts down. "Give us a demo Tony, how do you get it to work?"

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.