Walkabout - Cover

Walkabout

Copyright© 2013 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 2

Enjoying our post coital bliss, Helen said, "I suppose you're happy that you put Madam Lash in her place, no doubt you'll be bragging to all the other councillors as well."

"No, on the contrary, for a start I don't go around bragging about my sexual habits and I didn't put you in your place. In fact to be quite honest with you I cheated."

"Bullshit, I was there, remember?"

"Perhaps I should introduce you to my mate Jack, you've met but haven't been formally introduced. Helen, meet Jack, his full name is Hydraulic Jack."

It took a moment for the penny to drop, "You bastard, you've got an implant haven't you?"

"Yep, sure have, I can keep it up 24/7, theoretically anyway. It wasn't nice to dupe you though, actually I thought my bluff would work and you'd back down. In a way I'm glad you didn't though."

"You've been pretty much against me since I became the CEO haven't you Tony? you often oppose my projects and argue when I make point."

"Not so Helen, when you submitted your application for the position there was an older male from the Western district applying too. The rest of the councillors wanted the male, not just because he was a man but he was older and had more experience. I disagreed, I argued that you were a young and vibrant woman who would bring fresh ideas into the town, where as the other applicant would only bring the same old same old. We needed fresh blood, I won my argument and we selected you."

"Oh, I didn't know. You opposed me so many time I thought you were against me."

"You know the old saying Helen, 'Power corrupts' and..."

"Yeah, I know absolute power corrupts absolutely. But I don't think I'm corrupt."

"You're not love, I'm just making a point, YOU are a very powerful lady, all I was doing was putting the brakes on you, otherwise you might have gotten out of control. Am I right?"

"Yeah, looking at like that I can see what you are at. Jesus, you were the only one that wanted me?"

"Until I pointed out the need for someone with your drive and enthusiasm, yes."

"Thank you, I've certainly misjudged you, haven't I?"

"Well I didn't give you much cause to think otherwise, anyway all well that ends well I say."

"Can we get that thing pumped up again, I need another introduction?"

This time we made love as apposed to our previous battle. Later when we were fully sated, Helen asked the question. "Where do we go from here?"

"Well I think the important thing, is to protect your reputation; after all, it wouldn't do for you to appear as the loser. Do you have a piece of expensive jewellery you can flash around?"

"Whoa, I can see where this is heading, you want me to look like the victor don't you?"

"It's important you keep up appearances, I don't need to worry about my reputation, I can just laugh the whole thing off. You on the other hand have an important position and reputation is a requirement. We should remain the same old cat and mouse we were previously."

"I suppose you're right but I feel like I'm running under false colours."

"Believe me Helen, it's for the best."

"Ok then.

...

Later when we were all showered and dressed I asked Helen what were her plans for the week end.

"Nothing much, a bit of cleaning and laundry, just a lazy week end winding down. Why, what do you have in mind?"

"I've got a small motor home and I'm heading over to the coast, if you like to come along you'd be most welcome."

"I'm interested, tell me about your motor home."

"Actually there's quite a sad story about it. One of the men that work for me decided he needed a project in his spare time. He bought this old Toyota Coaster, it was a bit clapped out, but Andy cut all the rust out and replaced it with new panels. The donk was pretty well past it's used by date so he bought a wrecked Toyota Land Cruiser at auction, it had low mileage and apart from being rolled was in good condition. He pulled all the running gear out and put it in the Coaster, making it a four wheel drive.

"He did a great job of the interior, with just about all the bells and whistles, He painted it a bright fire engine red with a high visibility yellow stripe down the side. The colour was like waving a red flag at a bull, his wife hated the sight of it. He finished it and got all the certificates for the conversion and then registered it.

He suggested to his wife that they go for a weekend trip away, her words were, "I wouldn't be seen dead in that rat trap." Andy went away for the week end on his own, when he returned the climate was very cool. The following week end he took another trip, this time when he returned he found a note on the kitchen table giving the choice, the Coaster or wifey.

"Jeeze, that's a bit rough. The man's spent all of his spare time making something worthwhile and is given an option like that."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.