The Accidental Watch. 8th in the STOPWATCH Series
Chapter 27

Copyright© 2013 by Old Man with a Pen

It was mid summer, 1928.

Ed finally saw her. Glimpsed ... imagined ... hallucinated. Whatever. Definitely 12 ... maybe 13, she flickered into the Antler.

Maybe it was the watch ... maybe it was the pair of watches recognizing each other.

She sat at the counter. Ed sat next to her. A flickering translucent Ernie waited on her ... Frank waited on him. Mayor Carver came and sat down next to Ed ... Wendy and the mayor both occupied the same space.

"Morning, Ed."

"Morning, Mayor."

"I'm fixing to retire."

That blew by Ed like a fire-engine heading for a five alarm.

She ordered, Ernie wrote it down and hollered to Frank. "One Wendy with Fries. One burger for her mom to go.

In the kitchen Ed heard Frank holler the order back.

"Mr. Huntly?"

"Hi Frank."

"What'll it be?"

"I want a Wendy with Fries and a Coke."

"What's a Wendy?"

"Ernie knows."

"Ernie? A Wendy for Mr. Huntly. He says you know what it is."

From the kitchen, Ed's Ernie confirmed his order. "Brown Fries?"

Ed hollered back, "Yeah, Ernie. Crispy."

"Ed?"

"Mayor?"

"Ever think you might like politics?"

"?" "Never gave it a thought. Why?"

"The party wants to put your name up."

"For what? Dog catcher?" Ed laughed at his own joke. The mayor didn't.

"Mayor," said Mayor Carver.

"You're kidding?"

"Nope ... stick with me for a minute ... you saved the town ... at least twice. We've never paid you back for everything you bought ... and paid cash for before the storm. The Village Green is a place for folks passing through to picnic. You paid for it and never asked for a penny ... or a favor ... in return. The Saturday night Concerts are really popular. The concrete pad around the fountain is a great place to Polka. Everybody in town knows you ... And the Democrats are running a summerfolk from Chicago. He's got money ... rumor has it it's Cicero money. And you're young enough to move up. Shelby County is losing its Legislator in two years."

Cicero money was bootlegger money. If a Chicago gangster got elected mayor here in Pentwater there would be a whiskey still in every basement and a tommy-gun on every corner.

"Women have the vote, Mr. Mayor ... run my wife. Nearly every idea I've ever had originated in her head. Even Missy would be a better politico than me."

Frank fetched Ed's burger ... Ernie served her. For an imaginary person, Ed had never seen a more erotic eater. Ernie motioned with his hand at his own chin. It was mayo on her chin. She wiped it up and sucked it off her fingers. Flickering Ernie moaned.

Ernie ... HER Ernie ... watched with lust in his heart as she sucked the white vinegar off each crispy fry. There ought to be a law against teen girls eating anything remotely resembling a penius.

The mayor was sure he had Ed's attention because Ed was looking right at him. 'Almost through me.' thought the Mayor. And Ed Was looking right through him ... at a thirteen year old woman. While she was sitting on that stool her bust grew at least two cup sizes. The blouse she was wearing was a bare fit when she walked down the street ... now it was 'busting' out at the darts ... and her white shorts? Good Lord. Totally unaware she reached up and scratched one perfect breast. The gasp from her flickering watchers sounded like a tire with the valve stem pulled.

Ed looked out at the lunch crowd ... the regulars were all there ... two sets. The ones eating and the same flickering ones letting their food get cold watching this Wendy.

"Burger's getting cold, Ed."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.