The Magic of Bells - Cover

The Magic of Bells

Copyright© 2013 by Invid Fan

Chapter 6

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Sequel to 'The Magic of Life'. "From the ruins of the acorn of knowledge, the path to the bells of destiny shall grow". An obscure prophesy. An enchanted compass. For Sam, these were her only hopes for finding her lost love. But, where there is hope…

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Masturbation   Violence  

Cathy could not stop looking at the creature.

The clothing wearing squirrel walked next to Sam, bushy tail gently swaying back and forth as the two led the group through the woods. Sam had dismounted, leading her horse, as had Heather. This was not, so much, out of courtesy, but to rest the animals in case speed was needed. Cathy, naturally, stayed on Rhea.

A human sized, talking squirrel. It was out of a story book. One of those children's tales where creatures of the forest protect the lost princess and hide her from an invading king. That she was, in fact, a princess made it all the more weird. It wasn't like when they entered the Fairy forest. Everyone knew fairies were real. But, this ... what next, talking monkeys?

Lil fluttered down on her shoulder.

"Keep alert, Cathy," she muttered, hand going to the girl's ear. "At the first sign of trouble, ride back this way as fast as you can."

"I can't exactly kick her into a gallop," she replied. Lil petted her ear.

"I know, but I don't think they're built for running so it's just a matter of you three getting out of the way so the four of us can fight our way out without having to worry about you."

Cathy turned, looking at the basket fastened behind her. Jay was asleep, well used to the sway and bounce of horses. Eyes lifting, she looked at Ben riding behind them. He looked ... distracted. What could distract a blind person? She bit her lip.

"You OK, Ben?"

"Huh?" His white eyes swung to her. They still looked so weird to her. Not giant squirrel weird, but...

"Just don't fall asleep on us," Lil told him. Cathy turned her eyes back to the creature leading them on. She frowned.

"Keep an eye on him, Lil..."


The mysterious feelings in Ben's head were growing.

It was better than pain, or music. Not better than nothing, though. Yes, it felt ... good, but it was a strange good. As if ... his body was not ready for it, could not process it. He tightened his grip on the reins. He had to stay focused. Something was trying to distract him...


Sam walked out of the forest, and into another world.

A beaten, but somewhat new, dirt path ran through the spring grass towards a collection of buildings. Lining it, for over a hundred feet, were two rows of the squirrel women. They stood tall, proud, all dressed in the same simple garment, just a sheet, front and back, tied at the shoulders and waist. Some were died brown and green, but most were pure white. All were within a few inches of four feet tall, colors ranging from light brown to black, with some blues and reds thrown in. Most seemed to have chest and tail of a different shade.

Sam paused, taking in the scene. Heather, next to her, just shook her head.

"It can't be real."

"Does it matter?" Sam's eyes lifted. The town beyond was a hodgepodge affair. She could see that, even from here. Over a dozen buildings, built around a central circle with some sort of green table. It had the look of a mining town, or a trading post which has grown beyond one building but has yet to build structures intended to last more than the coming winter. She couldn't tell what they were built with, but much of it didn't seem to be wood or brick. Stepping a little closer to Heather, she ignored the look their guide Paza gave them and leaned her head in. "Don't relax."

The teen nodded.

"That will not be happening..."


A woman was waiting for them in the village center. She was old, that was obvious. Her fur was grey, the grey of age, seeming to hang on her bones as if muscles had faded to almost nothing. Her eyes, though, pupils of bright blue, showed a mind sharp, clear. Younger women stood on either side, just a step behind, attendants ready to help their leader, compensate for any failing. Sam just marveled. The relationship was so ... human, one she had seen countless times. The three stood before the strange table. It was made of painted thin wooden planks, as were a pair of benches attached on each of the longer sides. Sam stopped, just outside a grassy circle that seemed to mark the center of the community. Handing her reins to Heather, she took a step forward onto the grass. She could feel every eye on her.

"Greetings," she said, bowing her head slightly. "I am Sam, Daughter of Gary, Wife of Jack."

The woman before her bowed low, both attendants moving to her side. She waved them back with irritation.

"Greetings, oh Holy One. I am she who is called She Who Saw." She held herself like that for a moment, then stood. Her eyes were bright with tears, body seeming to tremble. Sam noticed her gown, unlike that of the others, was not white, but seemingly an unending rainbow of thin threads running its length. One hand rose to wipe her eyes. "Forgive me, Lady. I ... I never thought I'd see one of your kind again. It's almost too much."

Sam frowned.

"If you will forgive me, Ma'am, but ... you are surrounded by humans, and quite frankly it doesn't seem like your encounters with them have gone well."

"Yes, those." She Who Saw waved her right hand dismissively. "They are not the right humans. Real humans. We know this. My daughters have tried to shelter me from this truth, but it is obvious. You, though ... although female, I sense in you what I sensed so long ago. Come! Sit!" She motioned to the grass at Sam's feet. "All of you, sit! Ester, bring lights! And water! We will talk!"

Sam turned to Heather, who shrugged. She shrugged back, then returned her attention to the woman.

"Certainly. Give us a moment."

One of the squirrels appeared at her side. Her fur was brown, breasts a bit larger than Sam's own and apparently covered with white fur. Her hand, clawed, was open, and with a moment's hesitation Sam handed over the reins.

"Keep them here," she said, hoping it didn't come off as rude. "They'll need some water."

"Yes, Lady." The creature bowed, before signaling to someone else. The other squirrels were beginning to gather around the edge of the circle as Sam moved back past her mount to Cathy's. She patted her leg, nodding up at the girl, before reaching Ben. She touched his leg.

"Ben." He jumped a bit. "Sorry. Let me help you down, then I'll lead you to where we're going to sit." He nodded, seemingly a little hesitant. Well, he had to get bored up there, without even the scenery to look at. Her hands on his waist, he swung his right leg over next to his left, dropping to the ground easily. He was getting better.

"Can the Lady not walk?"

Sam turned to see a dozen of the creatures in a half circle around Heather as she assisted Cathy down and onto her back. She quickly stepped forward, bringing Ben with her as she kept ahold of his hand.

"No, she can't. Our companion's legs do not work. Also, our friend here is blind. Please, give them some room." The women nodded, backing up, eyes alight with concern and sympathy. Their gazes, especially, were on Ben. Sam thought she heard a few whispers of "male". Given she had yet to see any men among the group, or at least any that did not dress the same as the females, she filed this away in case it became an issue. Reaching up onto Cathy's horse, she pulled Jay out of his travel basket, holding him with one arm as her hand returned to Ben's. One of the squirrels pointed, eyes wide.

"A baby! A human baby!"

"QUIET!"

She Who Saw's voice rang out from the village center. Every creature dropped to one knee, head bowed. The humans swung their gaze around, unsure.

"You will all," She Who Saw went on, voice firm, "treat our guests with respect. They have traveled far, I think, and the day draws to a close. We will talk, eat, and talk some more. Your questions will be answered, maybe, later. For now, I will have silence unless I, or they, speak first."

Sam bowed her head in thanks.

"Thank you."

"No, thank you." The woman paused, then motioned to someone. "Bring a chair out for the girl. No reason for her to sit on the ground."

"No," Cathy said, shaking her head violently. "I'm not sick or anything. I sit on the ground all the time. If they're not in chairs, I'm not in chairs."

Sam laughed, adjusting her son in her arms.

"Do you have chairs for all of us?"


The chairs were metal.

Heather couldn't help but run her hands down one of the legs. Metal. Wasted on ... chair legs. Not on weapons, or tools, or something important, but ... chairs. The seats themselves were some sort of fabric, although nothing she could identify. It was smooth, seemingly without threads. The frame, though, was made of metal rods, attached with some sort of fastener that let the chair fold up flat. Amazing! Almost as amazing as the buildings around them. They, too, had metal. Large sheets, along with other materials she could only guess at. They had the look of structures made from the ruins of some fantastic building, existing pieces combined as best they could. Yet, this was not a village of poor serfs. There was skill at work here. Pride, as well, in a job well done, even as there seemed to be a humility as evident by their dress.

The humans each sat on one of the strange chairs, Jay even getting one of his own next to Sam. Blankets had been brought to form a bed for him, although he was now feeding. The lucky kid ... Heather shook off that unfair pang of jealousy, eyes going to the crowd around them. It was a toss up as to which of them was drawing the most attention. The two fairies, perched on the heads of Sam and Heather's horses, were virtually ignored. Perhaps it was their size, or maybe they had met the flighty creatures before. Jay, though, excited them, drawing oohs and aahs from the women. So, to, did Ben. The only visible male, apart from Kik and Jay, even blind he seemed to cringe from the glare of the throng. His hangs were clutched between his legs, head down. Heather placed a hand on his knee, reassuring him.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.