The Wall and Goat - Cover

The Wall and Goat

Copyright© 2013 by Sasha Distan

Chapter 15

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Maxie's grandmother tells him that love and hate are two horns on the same goat. That snowy day in January, a boy shows up who could just be that goat. Jesse is new to town and not happy about it. Maxie reminds him of memories he would rather leave behind and as the boy's grow apart and closer together they both realize that they need to change.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/mt   Consensual   Romantic   Gay   BiSexual   Interracial   First   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

I was sure of my decision and full of self-confidence for the length of time it took me to walk to the train station, get on the train and actually think about what I said to Maxie. And then I broke down.

I had one good thing in my life. One. I had Maxie, Maxie my boyfriend, Maxie who understood me as best he could, who tried and cared and was beautiful and talented and confident. And then I threw it all away. I stood, wanting to run back, and the train left. It left without my heart and soul on it.

I had no idea what I'd done.

I'd woken up from a dream where my attacker had killed Maxie. Again. And he hadn't been there. I'd wanted to hold onto his body, let the warmth of him wash the dream away and he hadn't been there. It had been damned selfish of me, and I'd panicked. Regardless of that, I knew I was a reprehensible little shit for walking out on him.

He didn't pick up his phone, and after I'd tried once, the shame of what I'd done stopped me from trying again. He wasn't home all week, and mum had found the hole in the wall and filled it with expanding foam.

Maxie wasn't in school, and then I wasn't.

The closer I had gotten to Maxie, the fewer the nightmares had become, but when they'd come they had been awful. Now I dreamt every night. And they were not the same dreams as before.

Maxie was walking away. I ran after him through a brown desert landscape, but no matter how my legs pumped and my chest burned I couldn't catch up, couldn't keep up. I screamed, but he never turned around.

The first night I woke seven times, each time soaked in sweat and shivering violently. The lack of Maxie on the other side of the wall was palpable in the darkness. Each and every night the dream came, each and every night I woke screaming his name. Wednesday after half term I didn't go in to school, and took the train out to do what I needed to.

Chaime and Alec were not best pleased to see me. Chaime looked like he was about to go totally postal, the anger in his eyes was a sharp stabbing reminder of what I had done to Maxie. Alec was softer, and sent his lover and the dogs to go for "a bloody long walk. Get out Chai" while we talked.

I enjoyed talking to Alec. He was small and pale and so completely unlike Chaime that it was hard to see what they had in common at first. But that was what they had in common. Chaime was expressive and loud, and Alec had half a heart, so he couldn't be any of those things. He needed Chaime to big loud and forthright and Chaime needed him to be reflecting and gentle. They worked so well together when I finally saw it. For those hours I had sat in bed in shock and Alec had talked to me, he had told me all about him and Chaime. They had fallen in love when Alec had still been school, he'd been younger than us. They were meant to be together. Now as Alec sat me down on the sofa and went to make tea, I realised that the hole where my heart had been wasn't heart shaped. It was Maxie shaped. I had to get him back.

"So I'm not that surprised to see you Jesse. You want to tell me why you're here?" Alec sat crossed legged in a leather wingchair, folding his feet under his slender frame. His eyes, watercolour sky pale blue pinned me where I sat.

"I need help." I swallowed. Anyone else would have made some glib sarcastic comment in that pause, but not Alec, "I broke up with Maxie because I thought that I couldn't be with him if I wanted to try and get better. And I was really really wrong."

"You weren't all wrong." Alec was like a numbing wave of calm. Sea fog rolling. "You do need to try and get help. What happened to you was awful, a terrible thing, and you kept it a secret for a long time Jesse. It nearly destroyed you. And the fact that you didn't want to talk about that either worries me. But Maxie loves you, you didn't need to leave."

"I know that now," I wanted to explode at him, but Alec was patience incarnate, I couldn't throw a fit in his perfectly arranged living room like a typical teenager, "But I don't know what I can do now. He must hate me."

"Call him. Undo it."

"I'm scared." I put my head in my hands so I wouldn't have to look at the honesty in Alec's face. "I'm scared of my dreams, of ... of the flashbacks." I breathed, my chest tight, "There was a moment when I thought ... but it wasn't him. I'm so screwed up. Maxie deserves better."

I was surprised to find Alec holding my hand, more surprised to find myself in tears.

"Let Maxie decide what he deserves. Here," Alec handed me a card, "I think you should go and talk to my friend. He has a standing appointment booked for you. If you take the bus now you'll get there in time."

"But..." How could I tell my secrets to a stranger? It had taken me ages to even think of telling Maxie, and I was in love with him. Even in my head the words hurt. I was in love with Maxie, and I walked away from him. How was I going to explain anything to a total stranger?

"Trust me. Go." Alec stood and took my cold un-drunk team "Come back after. I'll make you some lunch."

I sat on the bus, rolling towards the sea, and words I heard only in Maxie's voice played and replayed through my head. 'And I won't fight through the rising tide If that's the way it has to be/Sea fog comes, like a river rolls a stone It's rolling me/Sea fog rolling' I drifted along the sea front, looking for the number on the card. It was a blue building, nothing special, and I rang the buzzer with my stomach in my throat. I wanted to bolt and run. I fought to stand there and stay.

The man who answered the door looked almost but not totally completely unlike what I expected. In my head I'd held pictures of shrinks from films, but this man was perfectly normal. He was in his mid-thirties, he had brown hair and a crooked nose. He looked normal. His smile was soft, as soft as Alec.

"Hi," I fingered the card in my hands, the only thing I'd ever twisted the edges of until it looked as dog-eared as one of Maxie's paperbacks, "Are you..." I checked the card, "Cameron Laydon?"

"Yes," the nice looking normal man who was a psychiatrist held out his hand, "You must be Jesse. Alec said you were tall. Come on in." Dr Laydon led me into a little square foyer with black and white tiles and then opened the door to his left. His office-cum-therapy room was neat and soft and sort of manly. There were a couple of tall glass fronted bookcases with little lead lined windows; a big leather arm chair; a desk, maybe oak of some other traditional material. There was no a traditional therapists couch, but a selection including a giant red sofa bean bag, a chaise and an overstuffed squishy sofa.

"Where would you like to sit Jesse?" I picked the chaise, and Dr Laydon dragged the desk chair around to sit facing me. He folded his arms in his lap, one ankle crossed onto the other knee and looked at me.

"What am I supposed to do now?" I fiddled with my fingernails, pulling gently at my cuticles. I felt the weight of expectation on me. I had no idea what to say.

"Jesse, you don't have to do anything." Dr Laydon smiled softly at me, "This is your time Jesse, we can talk about whatever you like."

"Really?" I was surprised, and grateful. My cuticle bled and I popped the finger into my mouth.

"Really really," Dr Laydon leant back in his chair, "We can just talk. Do you want me to sit here? I can sit out of view if you'd prefer."

I shook my head.

"No it's fine." I fiddled with the hem of my school jumper. I'd never known myself to be such a fidget, "What did Alec tell you about me? Am I allowed to ask that?"

"You can ask whatever you like," Dr Laydon smiled, "This is somewhere you can ask or say whatever you want Jesse. Alec and I went to university together, he called me last week and told me about you. He said you were a friend of one of Chaime's connections. He told me about the shock the other week. Do you want to talk about that?"

I tapped my knuckles twice against the chaise, then realising that Dr Laydon had no idea what it meant, I shook my head.

"Two knocks for no."

"Where did that come from?"

"Me and Maxie. We used to talk through the wall. One for yes, two for no."

"Would you like to talk about Maxie?"

I smiled to me lap.

"He's my boyfriend. He was my boyfriend. I screwed it up." I sighed, but apparently Dr Laydon didn't feel the need to fill the silence that I left. I did. "I panicked and I thought I needed to be alone to try and get better. I really fucked it up. He hates me." I worried that I shouldn't have sworn, "Sorry."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.