The Madness of Mrs Chiverton
Chapter 2: Margot Madness

Copyright© 2013 by Zipper

Initially I'd shut myself in my room with the hours passing timorously.

When I did emerge to face up to Guy, I found just his note.

It told me he had flown off to his pal Ralph at the Manor: to think things through.

The message relaxed me. It showed Guy felt shaky too.

Oddly, the following day I felt that somehow Guy's actions had ended a long period of emotional isolation for me. Suddenly I felt more alive; at the centre of something. I needed to see Guy: to start afresh together. Without him I was simply alone.

Then out of the blue an unexpected letter arrived. It was from Iris Carlton- Hawes of Carlton Manor. Its content was exciting yet it raised ambiguous questions for me also.

6th April 1942

Dear Mrs. Margot Chiverton.

I do hope you will welcome this letter.

Guy asked if I would let you know that he's OK but missing you.

He's been worried over the scrap you had together last week.

Guy and Ralph share their lives together almost like brothers.

I regard Guy as a wonderful chap and so enjoy his company here at Carlton Manor. In fact Guy has asked me if he could work here at the manor?

I am thrilled at the prospect as your son could be invaluable here.

But naturally that is for you to decide.

So would you accept my invitation to stay with us soon, giving you an opportunity to see for yourself if Guy is making a wise choice?

May I share something personal with you Mrs. Chiverton?

With my Ralph's passage through adolescence, I found our relationship altered. Suddenly there's a man about the house, if you see what I mean.

Unsettling at first but handled carefully, can be very gratifying.

Perhaps there's some common ground we could share together here?

I would so much like to meet you and it would be wonderful if you could visit Carlton Manor and stay with us soon.

Yours Sincerely
Iris Carlton-Hawes

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.