It's a Helluva Job
Chapter 10B: A Hunting Expedition

Copyright© 2013 by Anne N. Mouse

When I was fairly certain that Lori wouldn't invite any more of her friends to join us in our exodus from Earth I set off to acquire a couple of items. The first was a fitted suit, or at least one that would not be quite as obviously something that had been picked up from a mass merchandiser. In order to do that I needed to contact one of my myriad of nephews. If anyone would know exactly where to get a good suit that would impress even a general, that person would be my nephew Mike. The fact that Mike, who had become a Catholic Priest as a young man, was the principal at one of the more prestigious private high schools in the city would be just frosting on the cake.

I suppose that watching my older sisters and then seeing my nieces in my youth, dressed in the tartans of the various Catholic schools they were sent to that had me wondering just how far the older girls had gone toward the goal of catching a ride off from Earth as a concubine. Yesterday's shopping trip had been eye-opening to say the least. I wondered if there would be one of the older girls there who had a dozen or so younger sibs. If so and if she had good nurturing scores I might just pick her out to join my entourage.

With that thought in mind I made a call to Mike's office. When he came on the line I said, "Mike, would you have a moment or two to visit with your old uncle?"

Mike did have time somewhat later in the day. Although we'd grown up together in later years we'd grown apart. Thus his answer to me was less enthusiastic than I might have hoped for. Still in reality I was not trying to catch up with my family so much as to pick Mike's brain on sartorial excellence in the city. That was because I had never been one to own or wear anything better than a pair of well pressed khakis. Mike however had a nose for not only elegant clothes but for a bargain. Therefore, I hoped to get a lead on that issue and if I happened on someone interesting I could invite her along when I took my leave of Earth.

Since I had a couple of hours to use between now and the time Mike had given me to meet him I decided that a quick trip by the local offices of DMC (Disposal Management Company) would be in order. I took the tablet that I'd been given to help me with my recruiting efforts and set off.

It was a bit hard though, to ignore Sheba's heartbroken howl as she saw me step out of Lori's shop while she remained behind. However I did not let my feelings overrule my will this time. I knew that Sheba was far safer with Lori than she would be riding around town with me. Also I'd determined there was no time like the present to get her used to being with Lori and under her hand.

The central office that we were dispatched from was not on the site of the landfill where I had usually dumped. I imagine that was for the simple reason that the people who worked in the office didn't want to put up with the stench out there. Therefore I didn't see the changes that the replicator which had been part of the DMC deal had made. I stepped into the office and greeted the receptionist there; I'd often admired her looks and her efficiency from afar but had never considered that I might want to do more than appreciate her. However after my recent experience with Lori I had to consider what her reaction would be if I approached her. Since I'd volunteered for service with the Confederacy I knew that I would want to take as many competent people with me as possible. Indeed discovering Latisha's status was at least part of why I'd made the trip to the local office of DMC.

"Hi," I greeted Latisha as I stepped up to the visitor's side of the desk. I rather wondered if she would recognize me.

Latisha looked up, whether at my greeting or at the sound of the door opening I didn't know. "May I help you?" She asked.

Since I saw no recognition in her eyes I decided to have a little mercy on her and said, "Sure you can Latisha, I need to put in retirement papers."

"Why would you want to do that? Don't you know what's happening? We're putting in as many hours as you want any more," Latisha said looking a little ill. That alone let me know that she was in on the information with regard to the Confederacy removing all of the people who worked for DMC as soon as it became reasonable for them to do so. Therefore the question became whether she was a sponsor or a concubine candidate.

"I want to be able to see a bit of the world before it all gets crushed by the swarm," I told her. While I still played coy with my identity.

"What division did you work in?" Latisha asked.

"I drove trucks right here in the city for forty years," I told Latisha.

"Joe!?" Latisha nearly shouted. "Everyone had you half dead or more."

"To paraphrase Sam Clemens, 'The tales of my demise are much exaggerated, '" I said with a grin. "I'm wondering if I can invite you and your husband to dinner this evening?"

"What do you have in mind?" Latisha asked.

"Since I survived a heart attack I've decided that I should get to know more people and have friends," I answered.

"Well I guess we could come by," Latisha said, "what time do you think would be good?"

"About an hour after you get off work if you and your family can make it without rushing," I answered. "You have my phone number right? So you can call me if that won't work."

"I can do that," Latisha said, "now are you sure that you want to put in retirement papers? The company has given everyone a raise and most of the drivers are pulling as much time as the law will allow."

"Yes, I think I do need to do that. I couldn't do the things I want to do if I was working full time. Pulling overtime would just make doing them that much harder."

Latisha sighed and began searching through the filing cabinet next to her desk. I admired the view and was struck by something that I had not previously thought about. Lori had explained to me that most women didn't get a high enough CAP score to be sponsors. She had also pointed out to me on our shopping expedition that lack of a CAP score high enough to be a sponsor was what was driving most of the women to expose a good deal more skin than was attractive in some cases. I considered Latisha's attire, which for current times seemed nearly as concealing as a nun's habit in light of that and decided that I'd ask another question when she handed me the paperwork for retirement. A few moments later Latisha looked up and handed me a pack of forms that she'd unearthed.

"May I ask you a personal question Latisha?" I said as I took the paperwork from her.

"I might slap you if I think it's too personal," she answered with a slight frown.

"I hope you don't do that," I said with smile, attempting to inset a bit of levity into the conversation. "I'm just wondering what is your CAP score?"

"Why do you want to know that Joe?" Latisha asked. Her frown was a good deal more pronounced now than I might have expected for a question that I assumed must be fairly common since the advent of the war with the Sa'arm.

"I'm wondering whether you are a sponsor, or have promised some sponsor to go with him or her?" I asked even more carefully.

"I refuse to answer that question unless you tell me why you want to know," Latisha said.

I pulled out the device that I'd been given to help me gain recruits and to program them not to talk about what I was offering. I looked around to see if there were any sharp eyes or ears about but didn't see anyone near enough to take an interest. "Before I answer that why don't you take a look at this," I said as I placed the device on her desk. Latisha's eyes got big when she saw the alien device I'd been given. She said very quietly, "I'm part of a prepack. The clothes are to humor my husband."

"I'd say you're walking an awfully fine line there, Latisha," I said, "Who is your sponsor?"

Latisha laughed lightly, which relieved some of my fears due to her earlier frowns and asked me, "Did I say I wasn't the sponsor of the prepack?"

"I suppose you didn't, which ought to teach me not to make assumptions. Still I don't think that talking about this here is a good idea," I said motioning vaguely around the area where I stood which was fairly much the office face of DMC, which meant that anyone from a customer to another employee could walk through the area at any time.

"No," Latisha said, agreeing with me, "it isn't a good idea to continue this discussion here. Yet having seen your invitation I hesitate to meet you at your house. There is a restaurant around the corner from here with some private rooms. Would you be able to meet me there in a half hour?"

I looked at the pile of paper that Latisha had handed me and considered the amount of time I had left until I had to meet Mike. "I don't think I have time to do that today," I told her. "What I will leave you with is this: I'm recruiting you, or your sponsor if you're not the sponsor in the prepack, to be a comptroller in a certain enterprise that the Confederacy has recruited me to start."

"That is interesting, Joe, can you tell me more?" Latisha asked while leaning toward me. I learned then that although her clothing looked demure it was loose enough to give me a look at her high, firm breasts, which were capped by very erect dark purple nipples. I had a typical teen reaction, which along with my earlier experience with Lori and Lindy just drove home how much the trip through the medtube had changed my body.

"Not here," I said, "I think that any further discussion of sponsors, concubines and things the Confederacy may want us to do should not be where anyone can walk in on us unannounced."

"I agree," Latisha said, "I'll come by your place after I get off work if that would be acceptable?"

"I should be home by that time," I told her, "So I see no problem with that."

I took the papers that Latisha had handed me and began to scan through them. Some of them were in essence a handbook on what I could expect from retirement and an instruction booklet for filling out the rest of the forms. I could see that I'd need more time than I really had so I told Latisha I would see her later that evening.

I turned away from the counter where I'd picked up the paper work feeling a bit uncomfortable as my erection would not go down after the flash that I'd seen. Latisha evidently had a way of seeing past the barrier that separated her from the hoi-polloi that came into the office because she remarked as I was about to leave the building that she noticed that rumors of me being uninterested in women were obviously false. I blushed more than a little at her comment and wondered how much else I'd missed by isolating myself in my truck and behind my hedge of thorns?

I got myself settled back in my pickup truck and started the drive toward the high school where Mike worked. I was glad that I was leaving myself plenty of time to navigate the city as the amount of female flesh on display everywhere I looked was enough to cause me to nearly have at least a couple of accidents. And while it was true that quite a few of them would have been better off with careful and artful concealment, there were enough who benefited from exposing what in my youth would have resulted in their arrest, that I had a difficult time maintaining enough attention on the road to drive safely.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.