Xenovia- How It Begins - Cover

Xenovia- How It Begins

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

Chapter 1

No. 1 in the Dax series.

The Beginning At least as Dax best knew, things began here. The whole story will be a little different, but not much.

They say that darkness walks the streets of man, waiting for a chance to strike. Today was one of those days when good and evil merge. Death for some becomes the start of a new life for others, well, almost life.

Dax was waiting and watching the men and women in the small courtyard. It was the old section of Thebes. The man had just been mortally wounded by the six men and now they started to maul and grab the women. Two were actually girls, the other an older sister, maid or perhaps the mother.

It was not an uncommon occurrence here, but in watching it the look on the girls faces was something that Dax could not ignore. When blades slashed them and blood started to flow, instinct took over. That six men found this to be sport was not something he could ignore. Like a shadow he descended upon the men, his long nails like a sword severing their heads with repeated cuts to their necks. They had been beheaded in no more than 15 seconds. The tall man was dead and the three females were on the ground dying, bleeding from open wounds. The smell of fresh blood was too much, he drank from the nearest body and got up to leave.

The older woman softly said, "My daughters! My Daughters!"

He knew he had no right, that what he was about to do would not only save their lives, but make them his for all-time. He lay down, placed the girls and woman close to him and taking a knife from one of the dead men, cut his breast, wrist and forearm. He placed the woman's head on his breast, took her mouth and let the blood flow into her. He took both girls heads, placed his wrist on his left and into the girl's mouth, held her with his arm. The other girl's mouth was placed on his right forearm where she began to suck up the blood as though it was some kind of magic potion. In some ways it was, they would become like him, creatures of darkness. They would also be his, for eternity. But they would not die.

Some called his kind a legend, a curse, even a demon; Dax had never known really what he was. Until that day he had only looked upon humans as a source of food. The things he now felt for these women was much more than that. They were now his. They had drank his blood and now every moment of all their lives they would be bonded together.

He carried all three to a place in the desert. In the light of the moon he placed their naked bodies in line with his and waited for the dawn. Jasmine, Sarah and Io woke, a dream of the previous events racing through their minds. Jasmine rose with a start calling out, "My Daughters!"

The voices of both girls responded. "Mother" they said.

Not a sound was ever spoken, there was no need. The very thoughts of what they had become were part of the minds of their kind. They lived in a world of shadows and with the exception of a need to feed, their bodies now were perfect as were their new abilities.

"I am Dax, we are one now. We three are bonded and nothing or no one can harm you any more; it is both a blessing and a curse I have given you.

"You will learn many new things, feel new sensations and yes, experience and do things you never might have dreamed of."

They were taught many things those next few days. How to merely think of things, clothes, familiars, places, even time. They also learned feelings, that hate. desire, lust, love and sadness ruled everything. One night they would revel in each other's bodies like animals in-heat. Other times blank looks appeared on their faces as their previous life was reflected upon. The past was just that, the past. Dax began to show them the future, their future.

Soon they only had one thought, to enjoy each other and their new life together. It was very difficult to understand then, why and how things were happening to change their life.

It was about ten years after the change began. Io and Sarah were beautiful, with their power they had become everything a man might desire. Jasmine was not only everyman's dream, when she entered a room everything stopped. Dax had decided they needed places to stay, homes that would become not only a refuge but, over-time make living profitable. They had mostly used their minds to stay in times the girls knew. Dax began to gather simple things, then one day he asked them where they would like to live. Pompeii, Rome and a place called Troy were mentioned.

Dax laughed to himself, Rome was to be the choice, people called it the 'Eternal City' for good reason. "We shall go to Rome my ladies, now pick a time. I hope I can keep you all happy and well-fed there my loves, you are all beautiful you know?"

"We hope to please you Master," they all softly said. Several times, 111BC, 345 AD, 1234 AD and 1678 AD were chosen to gather jewels, artifacts, coins and property. The last trip was 1845 AD and several investments there were made, three were companies that would grow fortunes for them in the future. The trusts they established were always in a name controlled by the owner of a certain signet ring, the mark itself granting ownership at that time.

Their entrance to the Palace was a Grand Event. Their carriages was lead by riders on large Black horses, then more followed. When they arrived their solicitor stood at the front entrance. "All is ready for you Milord!" and handed them keys to this and several other Italian properties. He extended his hand to the ladies stepping down, then froze.

All three were dressed alike. Long, sleek gowns, more like those of royalty than commoners. Three men rushed up to them and handed long leashes to each. Paco, the solicitor's man had been staring and in lust at the women. When their pets arrived, there was no mistaking what might happen should he even move towards them. The three had the largest dogs/wolves/ whatever he had ever seen, and they were growling at him.

The girls went up to Dax, kissed him very passionately as the doorman opened the entrance to the Palace for them. The kisses from each were those of a 'lover', not anything else. Dax approached the man and snapped his fingers, gaining his attention. "That will be all!" Then followed them inside.

Their arrival had not gone un-noticed. By that afternoon, the maids were telling of the arrival, the beauty of the women and the dark looks of the man. It was not known if they were wife and daughters, or what. There was to be a party next door and invitations to welcome them were forthcoming later that day.

This was expected by Dax. He wanted to be able to mix in society, yet not be encumbered with it. His ladies and their gifts would serve as an announcement of his wealth, and with wealth, power followed.

The servants had been chosen carefully a year earlier, they were his minions. The ambiance which Dax wanted was one of Mystery. No one knew anything about them, who they were, where they came from or their relationship. What they did know was all three were girls, for age was difficult to judge. They were as attentive and affectionate to the man as any could be. He in turn seemed to include them in every aspect of his life. Then there were those dogs. The servants swore they were like people. The Palace was their home, just as it was the Master's. They ate, slept and accompanied the 'family' everywhere.

By the night of the party, several carriages left the Palace for next door. Unlike what was normal they were met by the owner and his family. The Countess had them arrive earlier than the other guests. The Count could only stare at the bodies and faces the girls presented. The Count's two daughters could only see Dax. His eyes seem to penetrate to their very soul. They were only teens, but they were wet and in-love the instant they saw him.

The familiars, huge Black wolves with yellow eyes, glistening fur and savage fangs when bared were handed to the girls. The low sounds they made brought everyone to order. Introductions were made as they were shown inside. Dax looked around and nodded his approval of the home.

"We have some things for you, I hope, as neighbors you will accept our simple ways."

Gordon was asked to step outside, Christina, his wife, daughters Julia and Kathleen followed. A white horse, more like a 'knights warhorse' from times past, was brought to Dax, he presented it to Gordon. Servants brought two whelping wolves wrapped in blankets and handed them to Julia and Kathleen. "They will grow with you and protect you with their lives!" he said to the girls. They squealed. They were white wolves, quite rare, and two together had never been seen. The wolves by the sides of Dax's ladies never moved nor made a sound when the pups were brought in.

"My dear Dax, these gifts are quite wonderful, Thank You. the Countess said."

"Countess, if it were not for my ladies I would not have been able to even attempt to offer you anything to match your beauty. I hope you and your husband will allow me to present this to you?"

A box, made of Ivory and Jade was brought to her. A necklace, fashioned of gold and 16 perfect diamonds with an Emerald the size of a small egg was inside. "It was made for a Queen. Cleopatra was to receive it for her 16th birthday but her sister had wanted it. It comes from our homeland and I hope you will accept it?"

Christina would not only accept it but could only stare at it and Dax. When he picked it up, handed it to Gordon and motioned for him to fasten it on his wife's neck the look of astonishment on his face turned to one of love for his wife and great respect for his new neighbors.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.