The Return Journey
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2013 by Clansman

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 8 - An elderly man with a chequered past intervenes in a facas where another person is on the ground and in danger of being kicked to death by a teenage gang. He intervenes with consequences he could never have forseen. No sex in the first two chapters

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Fiction   Time Travel   First   Oral Sex   Squirting  

Now that the term was over I made inquiries about earning a pilot's licence. I discovered that I needed to complete forty five hours of flight training, sit seven written exams and pass a navigation and general handling skills test. Thirty five hours had to be with an instructor and ten hours of solo flight. But if I wanted to be able to do all that I wanted to do, then there was more.

Once I had obtained my basic pilot's licence I had to then go on to gain competence in night flying, instrument flying and how to fly with multi engine planes. If they could fit me in I felt I could complete the basic course quite quickly and once I had that I could put in the hours to increase my competence. Once that was achieved I could then work out how to tackle the next stages in order to able to fly wherever I wanted to go.

I talked it over with Katy, because I also wanted to take her on holiday either to the villas I had bought in France or Spain and leave Tenerife for a winter holiday around Easter in the hope that I would be able to fly her there myself. After some discussion we decided it would be better to go to France or Spain in late August and early September rather than in the hottest months of midsummer and next Easter take at least a week in the Canaries which was now becoming a popular holiday destination with the British,

With that in mind I decided I would take five one hour lessons per week which meant I could complete the course in nine weeks, though undoubtedly thinks might crop up that meant I would take longer than this. I got an interview with the local flying school and they said that they could fit me in.

The manager was very helpful and informed that since it seemed like I could afford it, I could have a morning and afternoon session most days of the week. This would enable me to put in ten training hours per week and considerably lessen the time I needed to pass the course. I was certainly happy to tackle that regime for the first three weeks of July.

Paul and Robby and their girlfriends had booked a holiday in Britany for the last week in July and the first week in August and Katy suggested we should go with them. We made inquiries at the travel agents and found that there were spaces available on the flight and in the hotel where they had booked so we paid up and booked our places to go with them.

Before then, however, Robby signed the lease for the rent of Katy's flat Since we were letting it furnished we then helped Robby and Patricia to move their stuff into their new home with very little delay. On the first weekend of their occupancy we were all invited to dinner on the Saturday. The four of us invited to the party brought with us housewarming gifts as presents for our hosts and also bottles of wine. I thought it appropriate to also take along two bottles of champagne so that we could wish them a happy future with some style. We also decided to come by taxi and had booked it to return later that evening, so that we did not need to worry about driving home.

To our surprise we were not the only one bearing gifts. As we were leaving Robby handed us an envelope and told us to open it when we got home. When the taxi dropped us off at our house I opened it. It contained tickets for a flight to Paris and a hotel booking in our name for a weekend at he start of the following month. There was also a note which informed us that this was a gift from Robby and Patricia for the kindness which we had shown. It also thanked us again for making the flat available at a price which they could afford.

"They did not have to do that," Katy said, "but I think I will enjoy a romantic weekend in Paris with my boyfriend. I will see Patty tomorrow and thank her personally, but I will also write a little thank you note from both of us so she can share that with Robby."

"That is a good idea, and I will thank Robby personally the next time I see him," I said.

Katy made us a cup of hot chocolate which we drank before going to bed and we shared how much we had enjoyed the evening. As I finished my drink and put my mug down on the coffee table, Katy cam over and sat on my knee and kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked her with a smile."

"That is for the difference you have made in my life, my darling. You have made me very happy because of the love we share. And it is largely because of you that I have now made other friends. I don't think I would have been able to do that if I had not met you. I was too withdrawn and shy to have done that on my own."

Now it was my turn to kiss her and to let her know that she had made a difference to my life.

"I am glad you feel that way sweetheart, but it is a two way street. You have made me a very happy man by becoming my girlfriend and lover. I feel that I am one of the most fortunate men on the planet to have someone like you by my side. I also want you to know, that I have no intention of letting you go."

"I am glad to hear that," Katy said with a giggle, "because I have no intention of letting you go anytime soon, in fact make that never. Now take me to bed!"

I did as she asked, and despite the food and the wine we had consumed, I was still able to make gentle love with her before we finally fell asleep.

On Monday I signed up for two flying lessons with an instructor called David MacNair. Katy Drove up and joined me for lunch between the two sessions and then came with me and came with me to the airport for the second of these. When the lesson was over I introduced her to David.

"I take it must be his girlfriend," David said with a smile. "You are much too pretty to be unattached."

Katy blushed and then admitted that she was indeed my girl. He then turned to me and asked,

"Is this a long term relationship that is going to end up in marriage?"

I confirmed that it was but I then asked why he was interested in our relationship.

"I know you are young he said and young people tend to think they are immortal, but in fact though it is quite rare, illness can strike young people in the same way that it does middle aged and elderly. If only one of you is a pilot and you are flying somewhere with your wife and children aboard, then you should think of teaching her to fly. Then if anything like that happens when you are in the air there is another person who can get you quickly back to an airport somewhere nearby."

I had never thought about that, but I was seriously trying to avoid death claiming her life as it did before Argon decided to intervene and send me back in time. Now I had no idea whether fate would have a way of intervening and claiming her life in some other way. If it happened through flying than death would strike me out as well. In the light of that I decided that getting her flying lessons might well be a good idea.

"That is something we should probably consider," I told David before turning to Katy.

"What do you think sweetheart, would you like to learn to fly? Even after two lessons, I can tell you it is fun and something I am going to enjoy tremendously."

"I think I might enjoy it too, and if we are looking to the future and marriage and children, I think I would feel much better about things if I knew I could land the thing if anything happened that rendered you incapable of flying the plane."

"Then now is as good a time as any to start," I told her before turning again to David. " Could you fit her in even if it is on a longer schedule than the one I have opted for?"

He told me there would be no problem with that and led us back to his office. He made us cups of coffee and talk to her about what was involved. He said he could fit her in twice per week on two of the days that I came anyway. On one of the days he could give her two hours and on the other one hour. We settled for two one hour lessons as we could fit this into our schedule without skipping classes.

Katy was both apprehensive and excited about learning to fly. On the way back in the car she told me that although she rode horses and had been in the pony club until she going to her private school at the age of eleven, she had never been very adventurous or all that competitive. I think that even before my brother tried to rape me was always a bit shy and timid. Maybe that was due to the fact that my family never encouraged or expected me to do anything adventurous or worthwhile."

"Well you are certainly spreading your wings now it you will pardon the pun," I said with a laugh.

She laughed at my remarks too. "I think that is because you encourage me and expect me to be able to do what you ask. I have become more confident in my abilities"

"Then it makes me very happy to think that you are branching out and trying things that you were too fearful to try before. I hope if there is anything you want try and need my support to go ahead with it that you will have no hesitation on letting me know what you want to do."

"Because you love me and because you accepted me when I was the shy timid girl I was before I met you, I can tell you now Calum I would have no hesitation

In doing what you ask."

Since we are starting yet another new venture, I think we should celebrate. Let's go home and get dressed and I will take you out to a posh restaurant for dinner. I will drive to the restaurant and get a taxi back. We can leave my car at the hotel I have in mind and collect it in the morning. You can drive me to the university and I will pick up the car and after classes I will drive it home."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.