The Waifs - Cover

The Waifs

Copyright© 2013 by Invid Fan

Chapter 13

The sickbay was currently a house of gossip.

Shelly, Bell and Bella were sitting on the patient beds when Lessa listlessly entered the room. Her eyes took them in, the wild hand gestures and the shocked giggling. Lessa had never been one to really take part in such things, and as her body unconsciously leaned over against a cupboard the conversation just washed over her.

"He did NOT say that!"

"Oh yes he did! Rich seriously asked if my twin could join us. I mean, can you believe!"

"Men!"

"I mean, I told him, 'you can barely satisfy me much of the time, and you think you can handle Bell too?!?!' I don't think his ego liked that!"

"He just wants to see you and I make out, which will NOT happen!"

"Hell no!"

"I'm surprised you've been with him this long, Bella. I only lasted two months or so and there were fewer options then."

"Well..."

Bella noticed Lessa, and raised a hand to wave.

"Hey, boss! Come over here and join us trashing our men!" There was giggling. Shelly leaned back on her hands, turning to say something to her friend. The comment died on her lips.

"Lessa ... what's wrong?"

The twin nurses took a closer look at their "supervisor", leaning by the doorway. Bell jumped off the bed onto her feet and quickly went to her.

"Sit..." She led the unresponsive Lessa over to the desk chair and almost pushed her into it. Shelly and Bella came over and sat on the corners of the desk, Shelly putting a hand on Lessa's shoulder.

"Hey ... tell us."

Lessa took a deep breath.

"I'm ... I'm pregnant."

Silence.

Lessa looked up at Shelly, her eyes hoping for friendship and comfort. What she saw was surprise, and...

"Oh, you fucking idiot..."

Bell and Bella looked at her, startled. Shelly stood.

"You didn't use anything, did you, Lessa? I thought, I assumed, you two were smart. I thought you'd know enough to deal with this, because YOU HAVE TWO CABINETS FULL OF BIRTH CONTROL IN YOUR OFFICE!!!" Shelly slammed her fist onto the desk, Bella jumping off in shock. The two twins looked on with growing unease. "Gods, woman! We have eleven year olds doing this responsibly, and you can't be BOTHERED?!? Did nothing cross your mind when you stocked up at every planet and station we landed on? What the fuck were you THINKING, besides, hey, this feels good!"

Lessa's head was bowed, arms hugging herself, the only sound a slight sob. Shelly's expression was naked fury ... which as the sobs continued, turned to heartbroken compassion. She knelt next to Lessa, putting one hand on her knee and the other on her head, stroking her braided hair.

"Shh ... I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Lessa ... don't cry..."

Bell and Bella looked at each other. Bell quickly vanished into hall, while Bella grabbed some tissues. She handed them to Shelly, eyes trying to express her displeasure, before kneeling on the other side of Lessa. The two friends gently stroked the teen. Gradually, she got herself under control. Taking a tissue, she blew her nose, then tossed it in Shelly's face.

"You're a bitch," Lessa quietly hissed. Shelly nodded, sadly.

"I know ... I'm sorry, my love." She sighed. "Tell me about it."

Lessa took a deep breath, closing her eyes, steadying herself.

"I ... I'm over two months late. I've been irregular before, so just ... I didn't want to even let myself think about it, so I didn't. But I haven't been feeling well, so I tested..."

"Oh, my Lessa..." Shelly hugged her, and Lessa felt herself sandwiched as Bella did the same. They held that position for a few moments. Bella drew herself back a bit and asked, "Who's the father?"

"Ha!"

Shelly reared back in laughing, Lessa making a fist and swatting Bella in the chest while tears of laughter replaced those of sorrow. Bella grinned, then offered Lessa more tissues as she slowly got herself under control again. Looking around, Bella grabbed two more chairs from across the sickbay. The two girls sat next to Lessa, Shelly turning hers backwards and straddled it.

"So, my friend ... you have Don's baby inside you." Lessa nodded, a shy smile crossing her face. For a brief moment jealous anger reared in Shelly's mind, but the good side of her love for Lessa quickly overrode it. "What do you want to do?"

Lessa looked at her friend, as if it was the most foolish question in the world.

"It's ... our love made this baby. What do you think I want to do?" Jealousy once again threatened Shelly, but it was more easily put down. She put a hand on Lessa's shoulder.

"I just want to hear you say it."

"I'm having Don's child." Lessa looked right into Shelly's eyes ... and slowly Shelly nodded, smiling.

"That's all we need to know."

The door opened again, Bell marching in holding a tray of drinks. Setting it on the desk, she handed a hot mug of tea to Lessa.

"No booze for you!"

Bell handed Shelly a full pitcher of fruity beer, who burst out laughing as she took it. Shelly raised the pitcher in salute, then took a long, long swig. That helped. She gave a belch as she lowered it, and with Bell grabbing another chair the four sat there silent for a moment. Finally, Lessa thought of something and turned to Shelly.

"OK, who's the eleven year old?"

Shelly looked at her in surprise, wondering what she was talking about, then gave a laugh before taking another swig.

"Oh, that. Sirenia has a crush on Ger, so wanted to be ready for when he finally noticed her. I honestly don't think that's happened yet!"

"Isn't Ger doing that mechanic freak who likes to work topless?" Bell asked.

"Oh," Shelly asked, leaning forward, "you didn't hear? You'll like this!"

Lessa took another drink, closing her eyes and letting the hot tea sooth her as the gossip just washed over her. She was among friends...


Hanna lay in bed, looking up at the ceiling. Of all the ways she had pictured her life going, of all the twists and turns that had happened, this was the one that still shocked her the most. She wasn't who she thought she was.

Jenny stirred beside her. Hanna sat up, sheet falling off her breasts into her lap, and looked at the young woman laying there.

Hanna wasn't gay.

She knew that. Still knew that. Hanna had always been attracted to guys, had sex with guys, ENJOYED having sex with guys, and she had always looked down on those girls who flirted with each other. Let alone those who went beyond that. It was ... wrong.

Yet.

It was her hands.

Those callused, rough, firm hands. The hands of someone who works hard, was strong, who has the power to bend and twist, yet the gentle control to handle something delicate.

And her muscles. Those firm, hard muscles, that Hanna had just ached to caress, running her hands over those shoulders, down and over those small firm breast with nipples hard as...

OK, liking Jenny's breasts was pretty gay.

She hadn't even been drunk. There wasn't even that excuse, and having been among these kids for a couple months now drink was the cause of most of the sex going on it seemed. No, it had been honest, un-enhanced, physical attraction.

The cheap sewing machine they had picked up for her before starting on the long trek between the orbits of Baal and Hikaru had finally died, a loud snap coming from inside the case as she tried to finish the hem on a dress. Cursing, a favorite pastime of hers of late, Hanna had wandered down into the world of the shuttle bay to see if anyone there knew how to fix more than engines. She found all four of the mechanics working under and around one of the shuttles, which had been pulled into the middle of the bay and raised up almost two meters. They were too busy, obviously, especially for a request lives did not depend on (mental well being for a couple of the fashion freaks, though, would be shattered). Considering her options, Hanna began to leave when one of them, wearing just a pair of shorts, put down their tools, put their hands in the small of their back and leaned back, stretching.

Hanna just stared, eyes wide, mouth open. The teen girl's grease and grime coated breasts were thrust out, small but glistening. Every muscle in her back and arms seemed to pulse with strength. Hanna had seen this girl before, naturally. On a ship this small, even if names escaped you every face was known. But, never had she seen the thin girl with the shortly cropped brown hair in this light, as if ... she were a man.

The girl, Jenny, must have sensed the change in Hanna. The older woman had been hesitant, unsure, as she shyly asked the half nude goddess for assistance. Jenny had shot a glance at Ger, one tinged with a touch of sadness, regret, before agreeing to come to the dressmaking "shop" once she was done.

She had moved her stuff into Hanna's cabin a week later.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.