The Princess and the Quarterback - Cover

The Princess and the Quarterback

Copyright© 2013 by Rolf

Chapter 4

Seattle was now starting to get a team that wanted to play, finally.

The new coach did not know very much about American football, but he knew men and how to win. They still needed a running back but with a TE and QB who wanted to play they won that first regular game.

It had been close, but the 24 to 21 score looked good to them. Jim thought so too and opened the checkbook to get a WR and FB from Miami in exchange for cash and three future players. Miami had always wanted a DE from Seattle. They had two who were on IR. Jim had agreed to send over one next year. Both the new players had been with Mark at Florida State and needed very little time to adjust.

Wendy, M and even Roger were now getting to be quite the fans. M was almost joined at the hip now with her bodyguard, things were becoming serious with them. Miranda took him by the hand and sat down with him to discuss something.

"Rory, you are everything I would ever want in a mate. I do love you and would gladly give up any title or rank that Her Majesty has given me to become your wife. I don't care about what you do or what our future will bring, I never expected to even have such a chance before."

Rory took her hand in his and started to laugh. "Dear M, Princess Of Stanley, with or without a title my family will love you just as I do. I am a Lifeguard, Do you know what that means?"

"No, not really."

"My dear Princess, my father is Earl of Grey, Her Majesty is my Aunt and I will inherit my Father's estate, at the very least. You and I are well-suited, as far as titles are concerned."

What was that old saying again... 'Oh Yeah, there were a few:

'Unto every soul a little rain must fall.' and 'It was too good to be true!" and 'Life goes on!'

Well, as far as Mark was concerned, he was caught in a deluge. The new team was beginning to become the new 'Dream Team'.

He devoted every ounce of energy he had to make the team better. He should have saved some for Wendy.

M had Rory now, Roger several cheerleader interests and Mark his precious team.

Wendy was pissed.

One day when he got home, late as usual, Roger was holding out an envelope to him. When he opened it, his ring and a letter were there. It was the ring he had given to Wendy. The letter read. 'Mark, I don't blame you, the team needed you. I needed you too. I can't continue like this any more. When I calm down some I'll call you. Daddy has tried to talk me out of this but, but ... I am so hurt I don't really want to see you. Wendy'

Roger shook his head.

Rory and Miranda came in, saw the ring and letter then both asked Roger where she was.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.