Audition Notice
Chapter 5

 

The ladies had me go to their favorite restaurant - A local place called 'Palacchiappas'. They served all different ethnicities of food. As we ate we all got to know each other better.

Afterwards, we dropped off Maggie, and headed to our second night of the Read-through.

We walked in holding hands. As Kevin saw us he asked, "Are you two married yet?"

Both of us hesitated too long but I blurted, "I'm not against the idea, but we would have to wait until the play is over don't you think Amy?"

The look on her face was priceless but she said nothing.

"Jees, you two ... I was only joking!" Kevin added.

After setting our stuff down we picked up our scripts and got up on stage ready to start the read-through of the second act.

Kevin spoke:

'Act 2 — Scene one ... Early morning, the next day'.

"(Sitting up, suddenly awakening)"

Michael: What's that? Did I hear a noise? Something rattling! Aaaaugh! Something bit me!

"(He jumps up seizing the back of his left arm with his right hand)"

Michael: Oh God ... I can't reach it. Amy, help me!

"(She throws off her blankets in haste and hurry's out of the tent)"

Amy: What is it? Michael, what's the problem?

"(She sees the snake and guesses quickly from his cry that he's been bitten)"

Amy: A rattlesnake! Keep still Michael ... or the poison will spread. I'll get him!

"(She grabs the bow and beats the snake then finding a rock ... she smashes it)"

Michael: He bit me on the back of the arm. I can't reach it. Can you suck out the venom and spit it out? Careful not to swallow any!

"(She tears off his shirt and sucks the wound on the back of his arm spitting out the blood and venom)"

I interrupted, "Kevin - this is not the current method in response to a snakebite? They've recently started saying DO NOT attempt to suck out the venom!"

"And what do you propose instead, Mr. Travis?" Kevin responded.

"Well ... uhm ... I don't know? I guess ... given the circumstances that's all she can do ... sorry for the interruption."

"Go ahead, Miss Tolliver," he said.

Amy: I hope that's all of it, give me your handkerchief and I'll bind it for you. (She takes it from his pocket) Now, just lie quietly for a little while.

"(He lies down while she ties the handkerchief around his arm kneeling beside him)"

Michael: Thanks Amy. You probably saved my life.

Amy: Well, I guess I owe you that much. I wouldn't be alive today if you hadn't given me that radiation antidote.

Michael: I barely had enough for two people, and from what we heard on the radio before everything happened, I knew that I had to make a fast decision. It was the easiest decision to make ... in my entire life.

"Very nice," Kevin jumped in, "that change makes this more of a love story."

"This seems like a place to stop and give the audience a bit of gratuity," Amy said.

"Meaning?" Kevin responded.

"A kiss, but nothing too lascivious, start low on the erotic meter, we can amp it up later," she answered.

Kevin replied, "Show me?"

I stayed on the floor lightly worried about the snakebite as Amy sidled up to me ... upstage of me. She lifted my face to hers, saying the line:

Amy: I'm glad you're alive.

Michael: I'm glad you're alive too, Beautiful.

She dropped her face to mine and we kissed a short but tender one.

Kevin remarked, "That was just ... perfect. Let's take a break."

After our break was over we went on and finished the second act.

Kevin said to us, "This play could be a really nice testament to the old notion that 'Love survives, despite the surroundings'. I'll see you two in a week ... memorize, memorize, memorize just as quickly as you can. Your instincts are 'spot on'."

"Hey, Amy ... you were great tonight - that kiss felt exactly right, at the perfect moment. You may be a natural at this."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.