The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH - Cover

The Junior Deputy U.S. Marshals. 7 in STOPWATCH

Copyright© 2012 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 2

Bill went back to reading cmsix's DIVORCE on Stories on Line. He paid attention... 1720 not 1520. Chessley got the road number right too.

The light dawned.

Two hundred years, a hell of a difference. His preparation was better this time. He had weights and measures down pat, too. He knew exactly how many Mausers and how much ammunition he could carry and still get the Pioneer off the ground.

His week was up. E'veen's week was up too.

Time to go back to work. It was actually fun. He wasn't out to change history yet but there were a lot of Federal prisoners who escaped and were recaptured sooner than they would have. There were a lot of Judges who didn't get shot at twice. Not that it mattered, no one got killed the first time around.

All together, Bill was happy to be a junior Deputy US Marshal. E'veen was happy because Bill was happy, and John, the AIC, was happy he'd got a couple who worked so well together.

The pair generally took the weekend, but they were willing to sub for some of the older married men who wanted a little time off. And that's what they were doing ... subbing for Willowcrest so he and his wife could take a 4 day down on the beach. The Willowcrest last chick had flown the coup and they thought they might make a start on filling an empty nest.

Before they left for their mini-vacation, Mrs. Willowcrest, not a bad looking 40, said to E'veen, "I've always been a mom, and the doctor said I wasn't too old to do it again ... so I'm willing ... and Art, he said he was willing, and the doctor prescribed Viagra so Art would be MORE than just willing but actually be able to do me some good. I'm looking forward to it and I thank you and Bill for taking his duty weekend."

There was a lot more. Mrs. Willowcrest thought it was wonderful that E'veen ... and isn't that an interesting name, Irish? She thought so and never did get back to the wonderful part she started on.

"Bill," E'veen said, "if Harold Willowcrest wants to switch again, don't take the duty. If I get thanked by her one ... more ... time. My God, Bill ... My ear is still ringing. Can you believe it? ... she breathed twice. I counted."

Here they were, working on their day off when the phone rang... 'I hate it when that happens, ' thought Bill. "Marshals Office, Deputy Sutherland, How can I help?"

"Hi Mina!"

That brought E'veen to attention.

"A delivery?"

"I need to have it picked up?"

"You're at the airport?"

"What is it?"

"Mina? Don't do that to me."

"I hate surprises."

"You said that last time ... I didn't love it."

"Oh ... I get it ... you want to borrow the Pioneer."

"What did you fly?"

"How many did you bring?"

"Mina, the Pioneer only seats three."

"More than one trip?"

"I thought you disapproved."

"Ok ... we'll come out."

"Oh ... you want E'veen ... I stay here."

"Thanks a lot, Mina."

He disconnected.

"E'veen ... Mina has a surprise for us, but she wants you to come and get it."

"Ok ... I wonder if I can get a driver?"

"Let me check." Bill pushed some buttons and fiddled a bit.

"I don't know why you can't figure that intercom out. There's a perfectly understandable set of directions in the envelope under the com box."

"I read them ... written English by a native Japanese speaker."

"Bill, you just have to read between the lines."

"All that's between the lines is blank white paper."

'Just like your mind, ' she thought. "Let me do it," she said.

She punched the right combination of buttons. The intercom had a handset.

"I need a ride to the airport."

"NO! Not the Dodge! You know I hate riding in that damn thing."

"I'm NOT too short."

"My feet reach the ground."

"I do not need a box to get on a chair!"

"That was a joke."

"Bill had that giant chair made for himself. He gave it to me as a joke!"

"Sure ... HE fits it ... he's six foot ten. It was one of those presents for himself that he gave to me so I'd give it back."

"No, he doesn't do that often."

"No, I don't want a date ... what would your wife say?"

"Just pick me up out front."

"The AIRPORT, you idiot!"

Bill was rolling.

"You made me call just so you could laugh." She was disgusted. She gazed at her chosen life mate and said sweetly, "Bill ... I love you ... mostly." The 'mostly' was a tonally different voice ... and rather abrupt.

The driver brought the DEA confiscated stretch limo. Twenty-five feet of passenger compartment for one little redhead. She made him wait at the general aircraft terminal.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.