Silver Arrow
Chapter 24: Where do we go from here?

Copyright© 2012 by Coaster2

When I awoke Sunday morning, Rose was curled up against me ... or at least as much as she was able to curl. She reminded me just how nice it was to wake up that way with a beautiful woman wrapped around me, her naked body pressed against mine. What also got my attention was her hand wrapped around my morning erection. I was quite content to lie there and enjoy the feeling and the closeness until the call of nature became more urgent.

I made a move to get up and head for the ensuite, but Rose tightened her grip on me.

"No ... stay," she mumbled into her pillow.

"Gotta use the bathroom, Rose," I whispered. That was enough have her release her hold on me. "I'll be right back," I promised.

I wasn't very long getting back into bed with Rose. I didn't hear any noises coming from the other parts of the house, so I assumed that no one else was up yet. The clock said six-forty-five. I would have liked to have been able to brush my teeth, but no such luck. Maybe next time. I was fairly confident there would be a next time.

I crawled under the covers once more and Rose immediately moved her hand back to my now flaccid penis. It didn't stay that way for long, however. She was gently stroking it and I could feel her breasts pushing into my back while her hips were pressing into my butt. I let Rose do what she wanted for a while, trying to decide whether to take this to the next step when she made the decision for me.

She pulled me onto my back and crawled on top of me, a sleepy-eyed smile evident as she kissed me. At that moment, I didn't really care what either of us tasted like, I just acted on instinct. I pulled her legs to the side and felt for her vagina, hoping she was wanting what I was wanting. The wetness I encountered was evidence enough. I centered my cock at her target and began to push into her. For her part, she pushed back, making it easy for me. Within a few seconds, I was moving inside her and hearing appreciative groans and whimpers in response.

I always did love morning sex. It put me in such a great mood for the rest of the day that no matter how unpleasant things became, I was able to survive it. Rose was purring like a kitten between the other sounds she produced. She was content and we kept the languid pace of our joining steady. There was no urgency and we were, in effect, coasting. All good things must come to an end, however. I could feel it approaching and almost apologized to my partner, but she stopped me by locking her lips to mine and moaning her contentment as I released into her.

We stayed together for a while with Rose on top of me, quietly enjoying the afterglow. At length, she slipped off me and lay on her side, her eyes fixed on my face and a smile fixed on her lips.

"That was beautiful, Doug. I could feel the love and that's something new for me."

"For a first time, it was beautiful," I agreed in a whisper. "It's hard to imagine it could get better than this."

"But we will try, won't we?" I saw her eyebrows arch and knew it was a serious question.

"Yes. We might have to try a number of times to get it right, but I think we should at least try," I teased.

Sooner or later we had to face the music. It was past nine o'clock, and even though Margaret and Harlan knew where we were and what we were up to, Debbie didn't. I had no change of clothes, but I took advantage of the shower and cleaned myself up. I could shave later. Rose had a special chair in the large shower enclosure and I helped her into it, although she was quite capable of doing that herself.

"The next time, we'll shower together," she grinned, "and I'll show you what else we can do together."

"I'll look forward to it," I said, kissing her shoulder as I dried her off.

She was sitting on a stool she used when washing and drying herself. I wrapped the big, fluffy towel around her and held her close to me. It had been a long time since I'd felt as close to someone as I did Rose. While Christie and I had an intimate relationship, only with Diane did I have that feeling of oneness that I was beginning to sense with Rose deSilva.

"Good morning," Margaret said brightly as we entered the kitchen. Harlan echoed her.

"Good morning. Looks like we slept in," I said, noting it was almost ten o'clock.

"I've got to get up to the house and let Debbie, Bill and Sandy know I'm still alive."

"No need, Doug," Margaret said. I called her this morning and let her know where you were."

"Oh! Did she say anything?" I asked, wondering what my eldest daughter's reaction would be.

"Well ... she laughed a little ... then she said something like 'it's about time.'"

"Oh," was about all I could say, wondering how I should react. In the meantime, Rose was poking me in the ribs and laughing quietly herself.

I was grateful that neither Margaret nor Harlan asked any embarrassing questions about last night ... or this morning for that matter. But Rose was having a hard time concealing her giggles at my discomfort. I went to help Rose up onto one of the tall island seats and as I did, she wrapped her arms around my neck. Once I had her properly seated, I got a very passionate kiss as a thank-you. There was nothing subtle about it and when she saw the look on my face, she burst out laughing.

"You really don't know how to handle this, do you?" she said, her arms still wrapped around my neck.

"Uhhm ... I guess not," I admitted.

"I think it's wonderful, you two," Margaret said, beaming. I was wondering if she thought she had been the instigator of our relationship.

I saw Harlan nodding in the background. He may not have been a man of many words at that moment, but his approval meant a lot. Two of his employees were involved and that might have an effect on his business if it all went sour.

Margaret had made waffles and bacon and they were in a warm oven waiting for us. Suddenly both Rose and I were hungry and we devoured the food. Two cups of coffee later and I knew it was time for me to head home.

"I'm coming with you," Rose announced. "I need to talk to Debbie ... maybe Bill and Sandy too."

There wasn't a hint of negotiating room in her voice, so I did what was expected of me and agreed.

As we entered the house, I was immediately reminded of that special day when Diane and I reunited in Louisville. My three young children were sitting side-by-side on the sofa and I recalled my thinking they were like three little birds on a branch. Here they were again, years later, all three on the sofa and although they were much bigger "birds" I smiled at the image.

They weren't surprised to see Rose and it finally dawned on me that Margaret had phoned Debbie to let her know we were on the way.

I looked at my children and felt an enormous sense of pride. For all the bad things and upset that they had endured in their short lives, they had turned out as well as any parent had a right to expect. I could feel a tear forming in my eye and for a moment, I thought I might break down. Whether Rose sensed it or not, she took my hand and squeezed it.

"Hi kids," was all I could get out.

"Hi Dad," from Debbie and Bill, while Sandy tried unsuccessfully to suppress her giggles.

Rose moved herself over to Debbie and held out her hand. "You owe me a dollar," she said.

"For what?" I asked.

"Rose bet me that she would have to ask you before you would ask her," Debbie replied, and Sandy's giggles become much more animated.

I was just about to blurt out "ask what?" when the light went on and I shut my trap. I don't know why I bothered. All three of them knew what had happened last night and it was apparent by their actions that they approved. That took a big weight off my shoulders.

"I need to get shaved and changed. I'll be back in a couple of minutes," I said, hastily beating a retreat.

When I returned, Rose had squeezed herself onto the sofa with the three of them. They had been talking in hushed tones and obviously keeping an eye out for me. They shut up as I walked into the living room.

"What are you guys cooking up?" I asked, knowing something was afoot.

"Oh, nothing," Debbie said, looking directly at Rose.

I didn't believe that for a moment, but sooner or later, one of them would tell me. Most likely Rose.

The gang of four broke up shortly afterward and headed in different directions. Debbie and Sandy were going horseback riding with Margaret. The ranch next door ... next door being a half mile north ... had saddle horses, unlike our empty barn and corral. I had suggested to the kids that if they wanted to learn to ride, I would foot the bill. Debbie and Sandy were immediately interested, but Bill decided he would rather use the "quad" and roam around the ranch property. There was no grass for him to cut and the pool had its winter cover on, so there was no cleaning to be done.

I knew he was going out with his girlfriend that afternoon. I'd met Lorraine (or Lori as she preferred) a few weeks ago and decided she was a nice young lady. I got a confirmation of that from Debbie, who had continued her role as surrogate parent, looking out for the welfare of both Bill and Sandy. Bill had come to accept it, although not completely enthusiastically. Now with Rose in the picture, perhaps I had reinforcements that would take some of the responsibility off Debbie.

But that meant establishing Rose as a member of the household. And that most probably meant marriage. Was I ready for that? Was Rose even interested in me enough to consider it? I was convinced it was too soon. Our relationship had really just begun. I wanted to know more about her and I'm sure she felt the same about me. I was going to have to bide my time.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.