Sarah's Mountain
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2012 by Auntie Chastity

After the boys left for school on the first day of the new semester, Ethan sat at the kitchen table and rechecked all the figures on the final invoice for the work on the cabin. Before he left for the mountain, he called Sarah and told her he was on the way.

When he entered her kitchen, she was pouring coffee for them. He kissed her on the neck and sat at the table sliding the invoice across for her to read. She eyed the figures carefully before saying, "I think you're cheating yourself, Ethan. The quality of the work is worth a lot more than you're charging."

"It's a fair figure. If you're happy with the work, then I'm happy."

She nodded her head and began writing out the check. When she handed it to him, he folded it once and slid it into his shirt pocket.

Sarah reached across and took his big calloused hand in hers. "Now that I'm not your employer any more, I wonder if our relationship might turn into something a little more formal and permanent?"

Ethan hadn't expected that and it showed on his face. She didn't have to look very deep to read his concerns because she already knew what they were. She hoped she could clear some of them up now.

Lifting his hand to her lips and kissing his knuckles, she said, "Let me make my case. I know you're concerned about the relationship I had with Wendell. Since the day you and I first made love, there has been no sex between us. As soon as he figured out that we had become lovers, he came to me and said he wouldn't do it any more. He wants you and I to be together and he knows you are very much a one-woman man in need of a one-man woman. Your son is a very bright perceptive young man, Ethan. I will never regret the enjoyment we gave each other but I agreed it had to end.

"He also pointed out that you were probably a little bit afraid of my wealth, so let me explain what that really is. It's true I inherited billions but that money is not mine. The foundation that my friend, Millie and I set up has complete control of it. I take an annual allowance of fifty thousand to live on. If I want more than that, I have to ask the board to approve it. That's why you have to go to the foundation to ask for the money to start up your construction business, and I really hope you'll do that. Yes, I have a lot of influence with them but I don't abuse it. If I became a member of your family, I don't see how it would be different than any other two-income family. You wouldn't be a kept man, if that's something you're concerned about.

"Look, Ethan, I know this isn't the way it's usually done but I'm proposing to you. I'd like you and the boys to live here on this mountain with me. The boys could stay in the cabin. After all, we'd only be a tunnel apart.

"My seduction days are over, Ethan. Wendell and Eli are safe from my predations. It's you I want and I've never wanted anyone more. Will you think about it?"

Ethan stood and walked around the table. Helping Sarah to her feet, he hugged her and said, "Why don't you come down to my place for dinner tonight. It's Wendell's sixteenth birthday and we'll have some cake and ice cream. The four of us will sit around the table and talk it out. If the boys think it's a good idea, well then, I'm all for it. You're a fine woman with a good heart, Sarah. Any man would be crazy not to want you for his wife."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.